• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Optimus Prime vs. Son Goku (Super Saiyan Blue) {11-13-0}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experience doesn't mean a better fighter. Especially when your opponent is proven to adapt better mid combat in skill. Beating a Gladiator with no skill feats doesn't mean much.

I don't see how Optimus is closer to 2-C given that Goku is quantifiably halfway there while Optimus has no such quantified scailing and i don't see how Optimus would be more skilled than Goku of all people. 4,000,000 years of fighting in martial arts that Goku wouldn't even recognize?
Recognizing the martial arts style or not mean nothing, Optimus wouldn't recognize any of Goku's move either and Goku fough Buu and Beerus, who are far older than 4 million years old, Fat Buu alone is 5 million year old while Kid Buu existed since time immemorial , hell even Shin is at least 5 million years old and use stuff Goku never saw before yet i never saw anyone argue that he was more skilled than Goku just for that.

Treating Buu as a martial artist is just plain wrong. All he did was throw a crazed attack in Goku's direction. Beerus is fine to count though.

Lord Ace900 said:
Experience doesn't mean a better fighter. Especially when your opponent is proven to adapt better mid combat in skill. Beating a Gladiator with no skill feats doesn't mean much.
You can say there's no skill feats, but it was stated that Orion Pax had mastered at least several forms of martial arts as a cop.

LordTracer said:
He can damage those who can harm himself, and he survived a nigh-2-C level attack from Regenesis Shockwave, who was simultaneously absorbing a universe and destroying another in base form. Optimus also manhandled Nova Prime (IDW), who has full control over a universe and can literally bend it to his will.
Is this the feat, because these feats are just Low 2-C feats, with a scaling chain to those who scale above said feats.

Shockwave is expending the energy to destroy a universe and then immediately replenishing it via absorbing another universe. Absorption doesn't have a place in tiering. This is just a causal Low 2-C feat.

And Nova's feat is textbook baseline Low 2-C. I don't see how any of this is "nigh-2-C".

Optimus seems to causally scale far above characters who are above baseline Low 2-C. Goku is nearing the power of a person who is shares half of a 2-C feat.

Goku seems quite a bit stronger, imo. As for experience, I don't really know how to quantify shit like that, and frankly, I don't care much.

Anyway, I got class in a minute - so I got to go, bye.

GojiBoyForever said:
Failing a High Kick=\=Successfully fighting
and Successfully fighting on what level? Nothing exactly stands out skill wise from Optimus while Goku has high battle analytical skills and can pick up on techniques and forms often thousands to millions of years to master in under minutes to seconds, hell i bet he can mimic whatever style Optimus uses pretty quickly

How many of those fighting styles in Prime using in character though? I'd assume he'd use his usual if he's fighting a random opponent. Limitless Stamina hardly matter because Goku can fight for days on end and if he has higher AP then he can beat down Prime before he tires.

ChocomilkAlex said:
How many of those fighting styles in Prime using in character though? I'd assume he'd use his usual if he's fighting a random opponent. Limitless Stamina hardly matter because Goku can fight for days on end and if he has higher AP then he can beat down Prime before he tires.
Optimus has fought on a battlefield for weeks, as has Megatron.

CalebTB12 said:
ChocomilkAlex said:
and a WW2 Vets has fough on a battlefield for months, time passed on a battlefield =/= time passed in active combat without pause.

Dragomer said:
CalebTB12 said:
ChocomilkAlex said:
and a WW2 Vets has fough on a battlefield for months, time passed on a battlefield =/= time passed in active combat without pause.
Are you seriously assuming that Cybertronians (an ALIEN RACE OLDER THAN OURS) would fight the same conventional ways as us? KEK! xD

And you would have to make more assumptions to say that he isn't actively participating in battlefield than he is. Seriously, what other thing are you supposed to do in an active battlfield other than actively participate in combat? I'll try to find you some feats of him actively fighting in the frontlines, though (granted, that's gonna be hard 'cause there aren't that many respect threads and there are a crapton of released T_T).

Also, Goku has only TRAINED for days, not fought for days. Both are different scenarios. Considering the stamina gap is so large, it SHOULD matter. To what degree? I don't know.

Optimus has fought on a battlefield for weeks, as has Megatron.and a WW2 Vets has fough on a battlefield for months, time passed on a battlefield =/= time passed in active combat without pause.
Are you seriously assuming that Cybertronians (an ALIEN RACE OLDER THAN OURS) would fight the same conventional ways as us? KEK! xD

And you would have to make more assumptions to say that he isn't actively participating in battlefield than he is. Seriously, what other thing are you supposed to do in an active battlfield other than actively participate in combat? I'll try to find you some feats of him actively fighting in the frontlines, though (granted, that's gonna be hard 'cause there aren't that many respect threads and there are a crapton of released T_T).

Also, Goku has only TRAINED for days, not fought for days. Both are different scenarios. Considering the stamina gap is so large, it SHOULD matter. To what degree? I don't know.

We are assuming in general when it comes to Optimus fighting skill sense he has no skill feats. Dozens of fighting skill is vague with no actual feat of using any of them.

Lord Ace900 said:
Also besides Goku has Analytical Prediction
Tbf, all Cybertronians should have that as well, seeing as the computers in there brains can precisely analyze the data of a situation in seconds. Hell, Shockwave doesn't even need the computers.

I'm saying that a battle between Goku and Prime would likely not even last a day. I doubt Goku is going to tire in the time that it will take him to kill Prime. I'm not trying to flex Goku's stamina on Prime.

Litteraly none of those scans depict skills beyond normal, hell they don't even really count as skill feats, they are just strenghts feats.

Anyone with eyes should be able to tell he has some sort of form behind his fighting, and that's not just throwing punches randomly. I'm also fairly certain we already came to the conclusion this wasn't a contest of skill, yes?

CalebTB12 said:
Litteraly none of those scans depict skills beyond normal, hell they don't even really count as skill feats, they are just strenghts feats.
Anyone with eyes should be able to tell he has some sort of form behind his fighting, and that's not just throwing punches randomly. I'm also fairly certain we already came to the conclusion this wasn't a contest of skill, yes?
And anyone with eyes can see that Batman and Karate Kid have no form behind their fighting, does that mean we consider them shit tier ? no, we go by what is demonstrated through fit and statement, not by if their forms look like something IRL and none of those scans said or shown anything related to skill.

I'm not the one who started the 'who is more skilled' thing, it was brough up by the Optimus guys so say that to them, in the meantime no skill feat have been produced in his favor.

Optimus FRA and active (successful) battle experience, especially 4 million years of it should be more than enough to put Prime on adequate levels of skill. As mentioned above, skill shouldn't be that big of a factor at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back