• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we even scaling armored Boros to dragon or above? Because if we aren't, then that key should be "Unknown, possibly At least 6-C"

I'd say only scale Meteoric Burst. The statement of "yeah, you are strong" could be made because they were specifically talking about strength. But when Saitama has an inner monologue, he isn't interacting with anybody, so he truly believes it.

But hey, if you consider Released Boros Low 5-B I support it.
Saitama referred to Boros as strong when against his released self, and again, I don't see why ONE would be specific about a only a form of Boros being dragon or above. If he wanted MB to be dragon or above, he would've said that.

No, because Boros is Dragon or Above. Naturally a restricted version of that would be lower.
That's my point. We don't know how much lower. And his "At least 6-C" comes from upscaling from Homeless Emperor, because he a dragon or above. And now he doesn't have that. His armored state should just scale above Geryu's possibly rating.

Saitama referred to Boros as strong when against his released self, and again, I don't see why ONE would be specific about a only a form of Boros being dragon or above. If he wanted MB to be dragon or above, he would've said that.
First, you don't know what he would have said, but I agree it's safer to scale every form to above dragon. So, responding to your post above, Armored Boros should be considered as such.

Secondly, I wasn't arguing against your threat level tiering, but against your statements tiering. Saitama and Released Boros were talking about the meaning of strength and Boros had just told him about the prophecy, so that statement from Saitama doesn't hold that much weight as his inner monologue, in my view. That's why I would only scale Meteroric Burst.

Now that I think about it, Armored Boros may not be above dragon. He should be: Possibly 6-C (scaling above Geryuganshoop via Murata's statement) and I'd propose a Possibly 6-B because the databook stated that Saitama's punch, which had buried many enemies, can't take Boros down. I know the meteor isn't considered a living being, but it is still a threat that needed to be destroyed. Besides, Saitama showed interest against Armored Boros and even flicnhed his hand.

Or At least 6-C, possibly 6-B if we consider him as an above dragon (because the meteor is a dragon level threat)

Before someone says that the meteor is a one shot attack and threat levels take into consideration that characters do damage overtime, I'd like to remind you that we considered Base Orochi and Armored Boros 6-C scaling to HE's big energy ball, which is basically the same as the meteor, but weaker.

I think all forms should scale to dragon or above. I'd say we should just scale all his keys to Low 5-B honestly if we are accepting Boros > Orochi in terms of threat levels like what I proposed.

But if we're only going with what the OP suggested, then I believe only released and MB should scale.

That's all I'll say for now. I'll just wait for further arguments from others.

Last edited:
Armored and Unrestricted Boros are only Dragon

"災害レベル: 竜"

Meteoric Burst is the only one who should get the upgrade via the statement
Uh no. This is wrong for a few reasons. Firstly, the databook never explicitly goes into the detail which form of Boros is threat level dragon. Secondly, the book is from the perspective of the hero association, who have never met Boros, so it's clearly not fully accurate.

ONE himself mentions Boros to be dragon or above in general, and again, if he wants to be specific, he will.

I don't think we should consider Armored Boros as an above dragon since it technically isn't a form. His first true form is released one without any restrictions. So Armored Boros should be 6-C due to scaling above Geryuganshoop while other forms should be above Orochi IMO.

Uh no. This is wrong for a few reasons. Firstly, the databook never explicitly goes into the detail which form of Boros is threat level dragon. Secondly, the book is from the perspective of the hero association, who have never met Boros, so it's clearly not fully accurate.
False, while they are showing CSRC (which the association has zero knowledge of, so, no, it's not their perspective), they never once said shit about Meteoric Burst, so it's Base Boros. This is from Chapter 2, it's not from the Hero Association's perspective.
ONE himself mentions Boros to be dragon or above in general, and again, if he wants to be specific, he will.
you do realise that the key word is "or", right?
ONE said he could be equal to Dragon. It would make perfect sense if he was equal to Dragon in base, and above with Meteoric Burst.

False, while they are showing CSRC (which the association has zero knowledge of, so, no, it's not their perspective), they never once said shit about Meteoric Burst, so it's Base Boros. This is from Chapter 2, it's not from the Hero Association's perspective.
How do you know databook is only referring to those two from either? They even show images of meteoric burst in the corner.

you do realise that the key word is "or", right?
ONE said he could be equal to Dragon. It would make perfect sense if he was equal to Dragon in base, and above with Meteoric Burst.
Again, what's the proof he was referring to meteoric burst specifically when he said above?

How do you know databook is only referring to those two from either? They even show images of meteoric burst in the corner.
What? Meteoric Burst is only shown when it's describing an ability, like CSRC, or his Kinetic Kick. These were used while in M.B form, doesn't mean M.B is being represented here. Because it's not.
99% of the images are from Base form Boros, the visual representation for the data portion is Armored Boros and Unrestricted Boros.

Again, what's the proof he was referring to meteoric burst specifically when he said above?
That's an interpretation of the quote. He said Boros is "Greater or equal to Dragon", the only thing that makes Boros greater than Dragon by a significative margin is Meteoric Burst.

His previous forms are depicted as Dragon Threat Level.

In my opinion it should be:

- Armored Boros: At least 6-C (stronger than Geryuganshoop) possibly higher.

- Released Boros: At least 6-A, likely High 6-A (damaged his ship much more than Saitama's landing), possibly Low 5-B

- Meteoric Burster: At least Low 5-B, higher with CSRC
I agree with this. But why don't we accept CSRC as 5-B since High 6-A CSRC wouldn't make sense anymore if we accepted Boros as low 5-B

But if we're scaling Boros above Orochi via threat levels. All forms of Boros scale above Orochi
The rating would be something like

"6-A (Current Reasoning), High 6-A with the CSRC (Current reasoning). Possibly At least Low 5-B (Tornado ship thing and Saitama's statements), higher with the CSRC"

He's not becoming just Low 5-B without harder stuff.

The rating would be something like

"6-A (Current Reasoning), High 6-A with the CSRC (Current reasoning). Possibly At least Low 5-B (Tornado ship thing and Saitama's statements), higher with the CSRC"

He's not becoming just Low 5-B without harder stuff.
So...

Boros > Boros' Ship > Tatsumaki > Psykorochi? Is that solid?

What is the debunk? It should be something obvious, right?
Tatsumaki was extremely casual, clearly not at full power and not explicitly trying to bring down the whole ship when she attacked it. Her intention was to destroy the ship’s cannons, which she succeded in doing. And she did so much damage that the people on the ship were scared for their lives.

Why we can't just make boros 5B via statement in Anime?
The anime changed what he said. The manga he explicitly limits the attack to just the Earth's surface.
This has been debunked multiple times, what exactly is different now?
If we're including the ship databook thing I guess it would be secondary behind Saitama statements.

Tatsumaki was extremely casual, clearly not at full power and not explicitly trying to bring down the whole ship when she attacked it. Her intention was to destroy the ship’s cannons, which she succeded in doing. And she did so much damage that the people on the ship were scared for their lives.
This... does not debunk the notion that the Ship's overall capacity was superior to Tatsumaki.

Boros is capable of taking his own ship down

Saitama's normal punches aren't. The ship's walls was praised by its durability using Saitama as a basis.

Which is why I suggested it being the secondary thing rather than the primary if this is going through.
But it shouldn’t be used at all, unless someone wants to change things so we do scale off of Saitama.

In the past, Murata said: "The animation team misinterpreted ONE’s intentions when animating the Ancient King fight. ONE only wanted Tatsumaki to drop a big boulder on Ancient King. Before the boulder hits him, Ancient King has a flashback of the meteor that destroyed his race eons ago and starts to scream. She was not supposed to pull a meteor from space, if she could do that, she should be able to bring down Boros's ship without difficulty. The meteor scene was supposed to be flashback only."

This kinda implies that Tatsumaki isn't able to just pull down the entire ship like nothing, or at least in my opinion.

But regardless that's far from the main reason for scaling Boros to Low 5-B.

In the past, Murata said: "The animation team misinterpreted ONE’s intentions when animating the Ancient King fight. ONE only wanted Tatsumaki to drop a big boulder on Ancient King. Before the boulder hits him, Ancient King has a flashback of the meteor that destroyed his race eons ago and starts to scream. She was not supposed to pull a meteor from space, if she could do that, she should be able to bring down Boros's ship without difficulty. The meteor scene was supposed to be flashback only."

This kinda implies that Tatsumaki isn't able to just pull down the entire ship like nothing, or at least in my opinion.

But regardless that's far from the main reason for scaling Boros to Low 5-B.
If you want to be technical, pulling the ship down wouldn’t be AP. That’d be LS. So even if we took that as saying she 100% can’t pull it down (and we assumed that statement wasn’t outdated, and it definitely is), that doesn’t mean the ship’s durability is greater than her AP.

Boros being Low 5-B isn’t my issue here, I don’t really care about that. My issue is using Tatsumaki as a basis when she was most definitely not at full power or even exerting herself at all against the ship. She was definitely not trying as hard as she was against like, Psykorochi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back