• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man: Some Tiering Adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kombu Infinity actually survived this shit. The agreed end was obviously High 8-C+. Since Kombu is a tiger level threat, essentially any and all Demons should scale above this. Furthermore all heroes currently rated at 8-C should also be bumped up to around baseline High 8-C+. If there are no issues with this I'll get to work applying it as soon as possible.

This random copper also somehow survived this shit. Given the feat is essentially 2x off baseline 9-A, anyone that scales above that would be put at that level. So since even the weakest hero is considered to be superhuman against regular coppers, it should be fine to apply this to them. Most Tigers and even Wolves would also most likely be affected by this. If there are any issues with this then make sure to mention them down below, as I'd like to avoid any and all incorrect ratings.

Even C-Classes are considered vastly superior to people who can't be heroes, if I recall.

Edit: Here. Although I'm not sure if it means these C-Classes are superior to police, but Darkness Blade notably is.

Yeah, you're absolutely correct. Your first scan even implies that even the weakest hero must be above the avergae human; i.e. a random cop to qualify for the HA. So I'd say its fine for them to scale above it, assuming there are no other issues.

How do you feel Wolves and Tigers scale off of this tho?

Well, even a Wolf requires 3 C-Classes or 1-B Class to defeat, so they could be at least Wall level+. A Tiger level requires 5 B-Classes, so they should easily be Small Building level. For reference, one of these super-humans the Hero Asociation guy spoke of was Bones, a B-Class Rank 77 hero who was instantly crushed by Hundred-Eyes Octopus.

Just wondering, how heavily damaged was this cop?

So do you think Wolves and C-Class heroes should scale to be "At least 9-B+" or just straight up upscale to baseline 9-A?

The cop in question was knocked out, but he appeared to recieve no physical injuries from what I recall.

Probably at least 9-B+. It's a little low, in my opinion, but that's how powerscaling works if there's no numbers.

Seems fine then.

Ok so here's how the scaling appears to be per your suggestions:

At least 9-B+: C-Class heroes, Wolf level threats.

Baseline 9-A: B-Class Heroes, Tiger level threats.

Is this correct?

Ok, well I will await for others to see if everything is correct and applicable.

What're your thoughts on the High 8-C+ scaling?

I think it makes sense. Someone like Hundred-Eyes Octopus should be around that level for destroying a skyscraper, anyway.

I've asked someone to calc his feats for me, according to them they appear to be roughly 8-A level.

It's likely Saitama wasn't trying to kill Kombu Infinity and we don't even see him being hit by it IIRC? So he shouldn't scale to the calc.

Well obviously he held back, but I'm pretty sure Saitama simply batted him away through the building whilst pulling out his Kombu. I don't see the logic in him simply punching away at nothing for no discernable reason.

Considering the fight was entirely offscreen, I have reservations against scaling him fully to the calc.

And also this:

> Since Kombu is a tiger level threat, essentially any and all Demons should scale above this.

Is questionable stuff.

Let's remember that Homeless Emperor is a Dragon level threat but according to the manga has human-level physical stats.

We can't assume that any and all Demon level monsters are as tough as this monster.

Homeless Emperor is obviously a very special case. He was a regular human that was granted godly powers.

Also not sure if this adds anything but a bunch of military armored vehicles and a swat team were sent to take down Piggy Bancon after it defeated the local police iirc.

I honestly see it as the only interpretation that makes any sense.

Not every aspect of a monster needs to be at a certain level for it to be a certain threat level. The threat level system is rated predominately on Attack Potency above all else. So whilst HE possess' human level physique the thing that actually makes him Dragon level is his energy sphere's. Melz is also another case of having higher AP than Durability. We obviously have to take this case by case, but in almost all cases its specifically the AP that warrants a given disaster level, and in most case their AP scales up to that regardless.

The "fight" lasted 1 second according to the Databook. Kombu got clobbered and survived the encounter. That's not debatable.

In many cases, though, rankings aren't always reflective of physical might, such as the battle with Rhino Wrestler. I suppose it should be taken case-by-case.

Many of the A-Classes, such as Shadow Ring, were outclassed by Mizuki and other B-Classes. Also, many of the S-Classes were originally much lower ranks despite their power, and S-Class was only created afterwards.

I'll put a list below.

ByAsura said:
Many of the A-Classes, such as Shadow Ring, were outclassed by Mizuki and other B-Classes. Also, many of the S-Classes were originally much lower ranks despite their power, and S-Class was only created afterwards.

I'll put a list below.
Oh I thought you were hinting at Rhino Wrestler not being a demon level because Gyoro Gyoro let him think he was stronger than he actually was.

Well RW scales above Iaian so Gyoro lying or not wouldn't matter much for his rating regardless.

But obviously he is a demon and the thing she lied about was that he was a match for s class heroes and not just glorified cannon fodder. I was just confused by what he meant initially.

0.00101619178 Tons of TNT. A fifth of the way from Small Building level, and it's probably a casual feat is Saitama survived it while he was 12.

The one linked to here is 12,102,517 Joules or 0.0028925709847 Tons. For reference baseline 9-A is 20,920,000 Joules or 0.005 Tons

That hole was already there before kombu even appeared. It's the same hole that was shown when saitama had broken his limiter in the training and punched a monster through that building as of I remember.

In my opinion, half these profiles should be deleted, as they are just scaling with practically no substance whatsoever. I'll mention them below.

C-B Class Heroes:

• Armored Chief Clerk (He was summoned to defeat Surprise Attack Plum at the Police Precinct, so he should be at least Wall level+ for being superHuman compared to police officers)
  • Licenseless Rider (He's entirely a physical fighter with no powers, meaning he should be physically superior to C-Classes, who are in turn physically stronger than non-heroes like police. At least Wall level+ is fine, especially since fodder 12 year old Saitama [who was curbstomped by other 12 year olds] has a Wall level feat after already being beaten and seeminly running for a long time)
  • Tanktop Tiger (Should be deleted, imo)
  • Tanktop Black Hole (He's an entirely physical B-Class fighter with a grip strength of 2,800 psi, so Small Building level makes sense)
  • Lily of the Three Section Staff (Technically a physical fighter, but I'm skeptical. She's also not seen during the battle with Tatsumaki, meaning she's likely knocked out like most of the others were)
A-Class

Monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back