• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man: Some Tiering Adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to see what is even the point of having a physical gadget split if we're going to be this lenient with it.

Please stop with the false equivalencies for Gods sake, you understand its not the sword that's responsible for the cutting yeah?

How the **** is that being lenient? You're being way too strict.

I've seen some of the powerscaling with the big 3 on this website and it's waaaaaay more lenient than what we've been doing lately.

It's still a tool, a.k.a. a "gadget".

No, that was created by Atomic's skill and strength, like Spring Mustachio's was from skill and strength. Spring steel is a type of steel, like Atomic's sword is a type of steel.

"Spring steel is a name given to a wide range of steels[1] used in the manufacture of springs, prominently in automotive and industrial suspension applications. These steels are generally low-alloy manganese, medium-carbon steel or high-carbon steel with a very high yield strength. This allows objects made of spring steel to return to their original shape despite significant deflection or twisting."

Since Spring Steel is a type of metal, not something Mustachio pushes a button to activate, it can be concluded he uses skill and strength for the "Tomboy" technique.

Aight, I really dont care what we do at this point, someone just make a full list of which hero goes in the Gadget and Physical category.

Wait. So you're telling me Twin Tail is a gadget based hero when her only weapons are basic knives and clubs, but a guy with a gigantic drill and spring loaded sword counts as physical fighers?

I didn't add Stinger because I don't really know and it's still being contested, I even said that here. Twin Tail literally only uses her knives for combat and has basically no durability feats aside from maybe tanking a fairly casual punch from Rhino Wrestler that only harmed the first guy, Mustachio does and I've already given evidence for this.

Basically, Twin Tails is Wolverine at this point.

To be honest, I really feel Dark-Carioca's comment sums it up best:

"Would Spring Mustachio really scale to a monster that soundly defeated him, unless we assume he got stronger than Kombu after his fight with him? Only his Tomboy attack managed to do some damage. Kombu wasn't even tired by the time Mustachio dropped unconscious to the ground and was even disappointed by the hero."

That's more of a stamina feat. He scales to Kombu because they could trade blows with each other. The Tomboy attack didn't manage to do some damage, it would've done some major damage on KI, this is supported by the fact it literally vaporized a hole through one of his tentacles and KI had to dodge the attack.

Twin Tail still has to use her arm strength to throw her projectiles at you and she juggles around heavy steel balls among other things so she's not lacking physically.

Gadget users would be gun users, or Wild horn's pile bison maybe. I say maybe for him because he still has to take the impact of that thing when he uses it.

Pretty sure a gadget counts as anything with a mechanism type system. Such as a spring loaded sword or self rotating gigantic drill.

I mean if you're gonna say Wild Horn should scale to his Pile Bison cause he needs to tank the impact you might as well say Death Gatling should scale to his Death Shower "cause he needs to tank the impact." At which point what was even the reason for making this physical gadget split?

He's right, it's a part of laws of physics. If you can give a punch, you can take it. It doesn't apply to guns, energy blasts, etc tho.

What? Of course it applies to guns. You do know that your arms would break if you used a gun that powerful in real life?

... the sword isn't a mechanism or spring loaded. It's just the type of metal which is manipulated through skill.

SuperAPM said:
What? Of course it applies to guns. You do know that your arms would break if you used a gun that powerful in real life?
Would you rather take a shot or give one?

There's no point in this whole "would you take a shot" argument, so I'm just going to ask that you guys end it here.

Anyway, Gatling does have some modicum of durability to withstand the recoil, but it's still not equal to gun's firepower.

Gadget heroes: Death Gatling, Magic Man, Blue Fire, Green (not technically gadgets but he mentions his body is pretty weak aside from the plants growing in him), Lightning Genji, Golden Ball, One Shotter, Wild Horn, maybe Double Hole?

Lightning Max and Child Emperor use gadgets to boost their AP but they also have physical stats to back themselves up. Child Emperor himself obviously operates on a different scale but he's just an example. Zombieman's heavy artillery gun probably has a higher AP than he does, since the recoil of the gun destroys his arms. He still has the physical stats to hurt Pureblood with weapons.

Definitely, he's withstood hits from even Demon level opponents, but we shouldn't talk about characters that aren't even on this wiki, unless they scale to someone.

Well, we were talking about Withered Sprout being a Tiger earlier and he took down Smile Man, right?

Withered Sprout already scales to a City Block level feat, which is way above Smile Man.

Smile Man took a punch from a demon level and was ready to keep fighting.

Then Bang showed up and destroyed that monster.

Quick side note to whoever applied the changes, make sure to justify each character's attack potency, even if that just means linking the profile of someone they scale to.

I'll assume this is alright to be closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back