• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Flashy Flash speed revision

Was about to post this. I'm not 100% sure if it's the correct translation, however it's WoG.

If WoG says Flash is ****** mftl+, then he is, basically.

Even if it a WOG, if there is no back up feat then it just an hyperbole.

But i think i see a good speed feat from flashy flash in new chapter.

He make dorm out of flash from sword fight spark with another Ninja guy.

That pretty goddamn fast.

@Boros-fan

That still isn't lightspeed tho. Unless someone can prove Lightspeed Flash is VASTLY than Greyuganshoop then it isn't backing this claim of FTL.

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Boros-fan
That still isn't lightspeed tho. Unless someone can prove Lightspeed Flash is VASTLY than Greyuganshoop then it isn't backing this claim of FTL.
Geryuganshoop is fodder compared to Orochi who is likely weaker than Boros and Garou. Flashy Flash was able to keep up with Garou or at least make him impressed.

If he's truly fodder then maybe but I'd like to hear what others think.

LordGriffin1000 said:
If he's truly fodder then maybe but I'd like to hear what others think.
Murata said that even if Geryuganshoop, Groribas, and Melzalgald have tons of time to prepare and then gang up on Orochi, they would have little to no chance at winning. And all three of them are Dragon level. And I seriously doubt that Orochi is stronger than Monster Garou or Boros. And Garou was impressed at Flash's speed.

Personally I wouldn't trust this statement unless ONE or Murata further backed it up. I'd also wait until the webcomic, since in there Flashy going at full speed explicitly and objectively isn't FTL. Perhaps that feat will get amped but it's best to wait until then.

Qawsedf234 said:
To add the quote comes from a chapter cover. If we're using them as proof for stats then Boros should be [upgraded to 5B or Low 5B for damaging Saitama.]
Wtf are you talking about? The "he took damage" quote wasn't even in the printed version which is the highest canon.

Furthermore, on the official One Punch Man website, the Japanese text is "Òü¥ÒüòÒüïÒü«ÒâÇÒâíÒâ╝Òé©".

I know a tiny bit of Japanese since I took it in high school and I'm pretty sure that quote translated to English is "no damage". So even if we take that quote into consideration, it was a mistranslation probably.

> wasn't even in the printed version which is the highest canon.

Exactly. It was omitted like 99% of cover text in manga. They're there to hype up the reader and usually mean nothing.

Based on cover text? I disagree. Until he actually displays something on that level he shouldn't get the rating.

I don't get why Flash was downgraded though when he kept up with Garou to some extent. Or rather, why were Boros and Garou nerfed in attack potency to High 6A, but went up in speed from Sub rel to Rel. Someone went a bit rogue?

The Garou who fought Flash isn't the Garou scaled to Boros.

> Boros and Garou nerfed in attack potency to High 6A,

The databook statement used to justify their 5B rating was dismissed as a mistranslation

> but went up in speed from Sub rel to Rel

I think it was decided to change their speed to rel as the Murata quote implies >10% lightspeed.

I personally heavily disagree with this wiki's understanding of the Flash vs Garou fight. But whatever, Antvasima (the dude who only acknowledges opinions from staff) will never allow it.

Probably gonna get banned for saying this or something.

To my knowledge the Garou scaled to Boros is one of the later monster forms and not the original (which I personally disagree with). However even in his original Awakened Form he went through abandonment and and multiple physical upgrades after he fought Flash, not to mention that he was still faster than Flash from the jump. The most you can say about FF right now is that he can defeat a pre-Awakened Garou which isn't enough to justify a Sub-Rel rating imo.

Plus he might get a speed upgrade later on, so there's always that chance.

Hopefully that scene where Flash first punches Garou will be clearer and usable

So Geryganshoop being stated to having relativistic attack speed is allowed, but flash having FTL speed isnt? Can't really accept one stantement without the other.

Nah we can deny obvious hyperboles yet accept legitamate statements. That's like saying we have to accept that Darkshine has strength that can't be measured in numbers or Metal Bat having near infinite strength if we accept Saitama's Planet level statements. Also later in the webcomic when we goes all out his speed is objectively not faster than light. We should at the very least wait until this feat happens in the manga (in case it gets amped) before making changes.

Tbh if anythings inconsistant with the series it's the timer on the feat. Flash dodged attacks from Garou multiple times that fight.

Flashy was clearly going rather serious and the timer feat was meant to be a true testament to his speed. He wasn't ultra restrained doing it.

Garou immediately blitzed Flashy after he dodged those casual attacks. Garou even blitzed Flashy with his back turned later on. I mean just compare Garou vs Saitama to Flashy vs Saitama. Flashy's speed is quite obviously not on par with Garou's.

Also what does Flashy also have Multi-Continental durability for surviving the attacks? No Garou was holding back a lot.

Holding back against flash only? because everyone else got hit lol, and flash was already weakened when he got blitzed with his back turned.

Speed =/= AP

Also literally right after that feat Garou litterally stated he can move even faster.

lol unless we really gonna put full speed flash at around mach 5, and downgrade every other character in the series

Flashy can move even faster, that doesn't mean Flashy was holding orders upon orders of magnitude and was at like Saitama levels of casual when he performed the feat. He was obviously pretty serious. Flashy being weakened shouldn't make his reflexes so much lesser than before to the point where a guy he is previously on par with can now blitz him with his back turned. And what even weakened Flashy in the first place? Getting blitzed by Garou.

Yeah so Garou was holding back drastically on his strength yet with speed he was absolutely going 100% all out when Flashy dodged him. Even when he blitzed Flashy right afterwards.

Again just reread Flashy vs Saitama and Garou vs Saitama. Flashy's speed is obviously nowhere even close to Garou's.

FTL is a hyperbole with no feats at all suggesting it, and a rather serious feat of his that objectively isn't FTL. It's just an exaggerated hype statement. Just like Darkshine being stated to have strength that can't be measured by numbers. Just like Metal Bat being stated to have near infinite strength. Just like Atomic Samurai being stated to be capable of cutting anything. Just like Tatsumaki being stated that no one can beat her in a frontal attack.

I mean the same section this FTL statement is from says Flashy is sharper than all right before. What is Flashy sharper than Saitama, Garou and Boros? Or is it just hyperbolic phrases we aren't meant to take literally like the other examples?

Back