• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One punch man: Ninjas Speed revision and Key Additions

I kinda lost myself in the middle of the massive derail from before, so I'll focus only on the OP and if I miss something important, feel free to quote me

1. Gale Wind and Hellfire Flame's monster forms are faster than light, downscaling from Flashy Flash' speed
I was against this before, but I talked with Ziller before this CRT even happened and yeah, we considered them to be massively slower than Flash because of them being frozen after the Flashy Kicks but we missed the part where that would've stunned them + they can still plan while stunned

I'm uncertain in giving them a solid rating, but something (Likely, Possibly, At most) should be considered
2. Gale Wind and Hellfire Flame's post MA arc key should scale directly to Flashy Flash
Because they are confident in taking him on ?

They surely look a little bit too confident on their own abilities tho, so I dunno if we can already scale them with only that appearance. Also, Flash was always considered to be the strongest ninja right ? Yet some other ninjas easily overpowered Gale and Flame in the last chapter, which goes against them being equal or superior to MA Flash
3. Substitution Jutsu
Sure
4. Flashy Flash should get a post MA arc key
Agree although I'd rather wait for his future buffs + new sword
5. Flashy Fist and Flashy Slash should also be acknowledged on the profile
I also agree with this

Because they are confident in taking him on ?

They surely look a little bit too confident on their own abilities tho, so I dunno if we can already scale them with only that appearance. Also, Flash was always considered to be the strongest ninja right ? Yet some other ninjas easily overpowered Gale and Flame in the last chapter, which goes against them being equal or superior to MA Flash
The ninjas are always training, so it would be unsurprising if their party was also weaker then MA arc flashy until recently
that being said, the ninja leader also kinda proves that flashy isn't all that godlike either
It's a buff for both them and flashy since the reason they were overconfident is that they didn't consider flashy's training, rather than just being weaker than the MA arc flashy that they experienced the power and speed of firsthand pretty much.
Agree although I'd rather wait for his future buffs + new sword
if it'll make the crt pass faster, I'll just do the stuff related to new keys a few chapters from now or something I guess

If its just a speed upgrade you can probably do it with 2 staff?

Or at least you can do it and blame me if someone points a finger at you.

alright
also question, flashy seems to scale to garou's 7-A stomp, so why is he upscaling from it with an "at least 7-A"?
is that something I could fix?

I’d really hate to make another crt purely to address that but I also don’t care enough to potentially get reported over it so I’m just gonna put it as a little note in one of my next CRTs

Just my two cents here but Hellfire and Gale Wind should have their speed listed as follows:

Human form:

"At least [Speed Value] (Easily landed blows on Speed-o'-Sound Sonic while just playing around), likely higher (Can react and dodge attacks from a casual Flashy Flash)"

Monster form:

"At least [Speed Value] (Far faster than before to the point of completely blitzing Speed-o'-Sound Sonic and pressing Flashy Flash), [Speed Value] at full power (By abandoning their techniques and fully focusing on releasing their overwhelming power and speed they became fast enough to pose a threat to Flashy Flash who believed he had to finish them both at once at the risk of one of them escaping. Moved fast enough to make several explosions look as if they were happening in slow motion)"

Does that work for you guys? I added a "full power" key here since they do allude at having to completely abandon their techniques to be able to use their power properly and the moment they do they start to actually fight somewhat evenly with Flashy Flash

Last edited:
Anyway if I were you Zill I'd refrain from making any changes until Flashy and Sonic vs the ninjas happens

Just my two cents here but Hellfire and Gale Wind should have their speed listed as follows:

Human form:

"At least [Speed Value], likely higher (Easily landed blows on Speed-o'-Sound Sonic while just playing around), likely higher (Can react and dodge attacks from a casual Flashy Flash)"

Monster form:

"At least [Speed Value] (Far faster than before to the point of completely blitzing Speed-o'-Sound Sonic and pressing Flashy Flash), [Speed Value] at full power (By abandoning their techniques and fully focusing on releasing their overwhelming power and speed they became fast enough to pose a threat to Flashy Flash who believed he had to finish them both at once at the risk of one of them escaping. Moved fast enough to make several explosions look as if they were happening in slow motion)"

Does that work for you guys? I added a "full power" key here since they do allude at having to completely abandon their techniques to be able to use their power properly and the moment they do they start to actually fight somewhat evenly with Flashy Flash
The thing is, I don’t think the gap between their “full power” and what they used before should really warrant a tier difference
it’s like in real life where you can technically not be holding anything back, and you can run kinda fast, but if you’re completely focused and put in maximum effort and your adrenaline is up and stuff, you can run just a little faster
At worst though, I think if they were to be downscaled to sol then it would at least be a bit more realistic than just upscaling a few times above mhs+, since the statements flashy made applied to their monster forms when they were still not at their absolute 100%

likely higher (Easily landed blows on Speed-o'-Sound Sonic while just playing around), likely higher (Can react and dodge attacks from a casual Flashy Flash)
Are two "likely higher" really necessary? Just put the Sonic justification next to the [Speed Value] while the casual Flashy Flash justification is for "likely higher"

The thing is, I don’t think the gap between their “full power” and what they used before should really warrant a tier difference
it’s like in real life where you can technically not be holding anything back, and you can run kinda fast, but if you’re completely focused and put in maximum effort and your adrenaline is up and stuff, you can run just a little faster
At worst though, I think if they were to be downscaled to sol then it would at least be a bit more realistic than just upscaling a few times above mhs+, since the statements flashy made applied to their monster forms when they were still not at their absolute 100%
Well, but they do make that distinction and by using their full capability they do lose on their techniques as they can't use their full speed while performing them.

And I guess I agree with them downscaling from FF but I have no clue what the consensus about that is so that's why I put [Speed Value] instead of an specific one

The gap isn't really relevant, the important part, in this case, is if the two tiers have different conditions in order to be "used", and it seems to be the case for their monster form, so I support Recon's model for the speed description

so below 1% sol normally, and 4 times the speed of light when trying harder
I'll agree to these terms as long as we can give darkshine his confidence amp above golden sperm

It has come to my attention that there is an explicit statement of their “ultimate speed that was intentionally sealed away” so it turns out the claims made before actually were valid
image0.jpg

So yeah
their normal monster form speeds would just to the at least mhs+ likely far higher deal I guess
with unsealed speed at most ftl

I see the points the admins were making for the arc to kind or at least go far. By next chapter sonic would most likely be added to this scaling

It has come to my attention that there is an explicit statement of their “ultimate speed that was intentionally sealed away” so it turns out the claims made before actually were valid
image0.jpg

So yeah
their normal monster form speeds would just to the at least mhs+ likely far higher deal I guess
with unsealed speed at most ftl
can any staff approve this one

Well since you’re here can we add the revisions for the older chapter stuff
Yeah, I said it's probably fine before:
If its just a speed upgrade you can probably do it with 2 staff?

Or at least you can do it and blame me if someone points a finger at you.
Just note that the Monster Forms only scale to Flashy when they use their full speed.

Human form:

"At least [Speed Value] (Easily landed blows on Speed-o'-Sound Sonic while just playing around), likely higher (Can react and dodge attacks from a casual Flashy Flash)"

Monster form:

Yeah I'm pretty against anyone scaling to Sonic. Gale and Hellfire expressed shock over far simpler three dimensional movement and Flashy schooled them so hard even Sonic was surprised. Barring thr Ninja leader I don't think any of then should scale to Flashy Flash.

Yeah I'm pretty against anyone scaling to Sonic. Gale and Hellfire expressed shock over far simpler three dimensional movement and Flashy schooled them so hard even Sonic was surprised. Barring thr Ninja leader I don't think any of then should scale to Flashy Flash.
Gale and hellfire already scale to ftl though, won't the rest scale to him?
And wait your comment on Sonic, he already scales to Flashy Flash at least on a low end right?

Gale and hellfire already scale to ftl though, won't the rest scale to him?
Gale and Hellfire's monster forms scale when they use their full speed, but are still overall slower. Them scaling in their base forms I don't see, especially when they've proven multiple times to have a bad understanding of what Flashy Flash can do.
And wait your comment on Sonic, he already scales to Flashy Flash at least on a low end right?

Mobile caused me to early post.

For Sonic I also don't see him full scaling to Flashy. Blocking a single kick and then being shocked by his serious speed isn't a good scaling chain in my view.

Gale and Hellfire's monster forms scale when they use their full speed, but are still overall slower. Them scaling in their base forms I don't see, especially when they've proven multiple times to have a bad understanding of what Flashy Flash can do.
While this is true shouldn't something like at least sub-rel in their base forms make more sense and then their monster forms ftl?

While this is true shouldn't something like at least sub-rel in their base forms make more sense and then their monster forms ftl?
Their base forms are faster, I'm not against that, they're just not FTL either. Especially when their reaction to a worse version of the rock feat was to express shock over the other ninjas ability.

For Sonic I also don't see him full scaling to Flashy. Blocking a single kick and then being shocked by his serious speed isn't a good scaling chain in my view.

I'm pretty sure it was one of flashy ultimate moves that sonic was able to keep up with. Lemme check it well

I'm pretty sure it was one of flashy ultimate moves that sonic was able to keep up with. Lemme check it well
He managed to guard against the Flashy kick. But going by Blast he has a maximum acceleration Flashy Kick and Sonic was later floored by his speed and the 3D movement stuff as well.

I don't think full scaling is really backed by the narrative.

Back