• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Flashy Flash speed revision

Flash was definetly weakened massively, right after that hit, he couldnt even stand anymore, and his whole body was paralyzed.

Flash speed wasnt stated in story, it's narration. The author put it in there. One wanted flashes speed to be faster than light.

Trying to use a mach 5 feat to debunk flash would mean all the calcs did for the series are also off as well. Atomic Samurai would get nerfed in speed since he's slower than flash, tats speed would get nerfed since she's slower than flash. Because since it's the only speed feat that has a time on it, everything else is considered outlier by your logic.

Lol might as well throw out Geryganshoop's attack speed as well since he had no previous feats to suggest it as well.

I would say he was keeping up in the first place, but they do show his speed is still superior, like when Flash says he's "so fast" or he keeps up with both him and Darkshine's combination. Not going to comment on him holding back on speed though, but he definitley says he hasn't been using his full "strength" possibly meaning "potential" by the context.

Here's the fight chapters if you guys want to see them.

Uhh, that's the title card of an introduction to a character...?

Like if Freeza back in Namek Saga was labelled "Destroyer of the Universe", that alone wouldn't make him 3-A.

That's not what I meant. I was saying he kept up with their combo, that's all.

Quangotjokes said:
Flash was definetly weakened massively, right after that hit, he couldnt even stand anymore, and his whole body was paralyzed.
Couldn't even stand? That's literally what he's doing in that panel. And how does someone whose entire body was paralyzed manage to even get up off the ground and walk towards Garou in the first place? And even then again what was it that weakened him? Getting blitzed by Garou. He's not on par with Garou.

Flash speed wasnt stated in story, it's narration. The author put it in there. One wanted flashes speed to be faster than light.
Darkshine having strength that can't be measured with numbers was said by the narrator. Tatsumaki being unbeatable in a frontal attack was said by the narrator. Metal Bat having near infinite power was directly said by ONE. Flashy being said in the sentence before to be sharper than all is said by the narrator. Doesn't mean these aren't hyperboles.

A serious Flashy being objectively slower than light was also put in there by the author. Yet that for whatever reason can be discarded yet not the statement.

Geryuganshoop is different because there's clearly nothing at all hyperbolic of Murata giving an in depth explanation of his powers and repeatedly saying his throws are sub-light speed. A throw-away line given right after after a hyperbole isn't the same as that.

I'd rather wait until the centisecond feat likely gets amped before making any changes to the profile. But as it stands nothing suggests Flashy is FTL besides this hyperbolic throw-away line and when he's serious he has a feat that objectively isn't FTL. Until there's more to suggest he really is FTL I don't think we should rate him as such.

The thing with Flash is that it isn't even narration. Its just cover text. There's nothing (as of now) supporting the statement and he has anti-feats going against such a thing anyways. There's no reason to upgrade Flashy, Garou, Boros, and Saitama unless we want to start upgrading Batman to 4-B or Hulk to tier 1.

Qawsedf234 said:
unless we want to start upgrading Batman to 4-B or Hulk to tier 1.
Pls give me your examples for this

There's multiple comic covers where Batman has either defeated or is fighting Superman/The Justice League and there's a few Classic Hulk narration feats that but him at 1-B or High 1-B iirc. Plus the general fluff of "The strongest/best/fastest/most dangerous character" sorta stuff that appears every so often.

Ryukama said:
Quangotjokes said:
Couldn't even stand? That's literally what he's doing in that panel. And how does someone whose entire body was paralyzed manage to even get up off the ground and walk towards Garou in the first place? And even then again what was it that weakened him? Getting blitzed by Garou. He's not on par with Garou.

Darkshine having strength that can't be measured with numbers was said by the narrator. Tatsumaki being unbeatable in a frontal attack was said by the narrator. Metal Bat having near infinite power was directly said by ONE. Flashy being said in the sentence before to be sharper than all is said by the narrator. Doesn't mean these aren't hyperboles.
A serious Flashy being objectively slower than light was also put in there by the author. Yet that for whatever reason can be discarded yet not the statement.

Geryuganshoop is different because there's clearly nothing at all hyperbolic of Murata giving an in depth explanation of his powers and repeatedly saying his throws are sub-light speed. A throw-away line given right after after a hyperbole isn't the same as that.

I'd rather wait until the centisecond feat likely gets amped before making any changes to the profile. But as it stands nothing suggests Flashy is FTL besides this hyperbolic throw-away line and when he's serious he has a feat that objectively isn't FTL. Until there's more to suggest he really is FTL I don't think we should rate him as such.

He said himself he was paralyzed.

Tatsumaki's was accurate via context.

Metal bats we don't even know enough about the guy's ability so no point in commenting on it.

You can't really say this line is hyperbole without it contradicting the series, which it factually hasnt.

Geryganshoops is no different. Both are statments from the creators. Not in verse.

If one says Flash attacks at fTL speed then he does, flash has one mach 5 feat and plenty of much faster feats.

But all in all, i'm willing to bet that he's stated in the series soon, probably during or after this fight that he can move faster than the speed of light. Then this debate will be over once, and for all.

"He said himself he was paralyzed."

When? And again he was both capable of standing and could get up to walk towards Garou. Plus he was weakened by getting blitzed by Garou in the first place so it proves he's not on par with him.

"Tatsumaki's was accurate via context."

No it's not. Saitama, Boros and Garou would destroy her even if they attacked her up front. Also you can't just say the word "context" and call it an argument. You have to actually explain what you're claiming the context to be and how it backs up your point.

"Metal bats we don't even know enough about the guy's ability so no point in commenting on it."

Metal Bat does not have near infinite power. That can be certainly said. Also what about the clear Darkshine hyperbole?

"You can't really say this line is hyperbole without it contradicting the series, which it factually hasnt."

Flashy being sharper than all certainly is a hyperbole. Saitama, Boros and Garou are sharper than him. And even if there was a contradiction (like there's a contradiction to FTL Flashy) you wouldn't count it.

And again a throw-away line in the cover page said right after another hyperbolic statement is different than Murata giving an in depth explanation of his powers and repeatedly saying his throws are sub-light speed. A throw-away line given right after after a hyperbole isn't the same as that.

It says it's also "countless" along with the "peerlessly sharp" you mention. That's quite clearly a hyperbolic to hype up his abilities. It's so common, like people saying they'll "destroy" or "end" this planet just for threats.

the cover says peerlessly sharp, not sharper than all in the updated translation.

We'll see in the coming chapters

Quangotjokes said:
the cover says peerlessly sharp, not sharper than all in the updated translation.
And it's still a hyperbole. If he was peerlessly sharp that'd mean there is no one who can match or surpass how sharp he is, which isn't true.

but despite the cover i just disagree that the full speed was diplayed in his light speed fist feat.
Maybe not as fast as he can possibly go but he's still pretty serious and not going Saitama levels of casual where he's holding back by orders of magnitude. And Flashy's speed isn't at all on par with Garou's. Garou outright blitzed Flashy and did ridiculously better against Saitama than Flashy did.

Ryukama said:
Quangotjokes said:
And it's still a hyperbole. If he was peerlessly sharp that'd mean there is no one who can match or surpass how sharp he is, which isn't true.

but despite the cover i just disagree that the full speed was diplayed in his light speed fist feat.
Maybe not as fast as he can possibly go but he's still pretty serious and not going Saitama levels of casual where he's holding back by orders of magnitude. And Flashy's speed isn't at all on par with Garou's. Garou outright blitzed Flashy and did ridiculously better against Saitama than Flashy did.
I got the feeling that was in context to the ninja, or swordsman in general.

Or

Sharp as in battle smart. Kind of like when he focused on the eyes of the octopus, he analyzed and found a weakness.

This could be further proved by Monster garou stating his previous self would have lost, and at this point in the redrawn version Flash being the smartest fighter is applicable.

Now you're just making various different interpretations to make the statement not a hyperbole. But even then, it's a throw-away line in the title page. It's incomparible to WOH giving an indepth explanation of one's powers in which they're said multiple times to literally have sub-light speed. And so far nothing in the story supports him being FTL, and there's even an instance of him showing to objectively not be FTL.

Yes. Even if we're going to say it's a low end and discard it, it's stll a showing of Flashy not being FTL. So there's zero feats supporting this throw-away title page line, and an anti-feat against it. Therefore, unless there comes a feat supporting it, I don't think this statement alone should upgrade him.

It's a speed feat, not the pennicle of his speed lol plus one said everyone getting buffs, so FTL is logical.

Flashy Flash being FTL based on a cover page... is just laughable. I'm not sure why this thread needed to be created.

This

@Hizack123

I don't think him attacking so fast a dome appearing around him is FTL but I'm not sure.

Yeah, if cover page saying Flashy Flash is FTL is proof, then Hiei would be FTL do to the fact that the speed of Darkness is actually FTL because it needs to move out of the way when light approaches, or that it existed before light did.

Ryukama said:
Yes. Even if we're going to say it's a low end and discard it, it's stll a showing of Flashy not being FTL. So there's zero feats supporting this throw-away title page line, and an anti-feat against it. Therefore, unless there comes a feat supporting it, I don't think this statement alone should upgrade him.
I just feel the need to address the glaring misconception.

"Flashy Flash has nothing that supports him being FTL"

Except he recently reacted to attacks from two Dragon-level threat who should have the same attack speed with Geryuganshoop (a dragon-level threat likewise) whose attack speed was 90%/100% SOL. With the induction of scaling, reacting to two Dragon-level threat with an attack speed of 90%/100% factually puts his reaction speed at FTL. Keep in mind it was heavily implied he was holding back still.

GyroNutz said:
Since when did hellfire and gale scale to Geryuganshoop?
Since never.

Dragon-level Monsters do not automatically scale to each other in speed.

Pretty sure I made it clear about that.

Geryuganshoop is a dragon-level threat, likewise Hellfire and Gale after their transformation, thus they shouldn't be slower than Geryuganshoop attack speed. While threats are categorically placed based on damages, increase in speed has been accounted through depiction.

> While threats are categorically placed based on damages, increase in speed has been accounted through depiction.

Okay, where has it been depicted that Gale and Hellfire are comparable in speed to Geryuganshoop?

Ex: Hellfire and Gale speed was actually augmented when they became Dragon level threat, which posit speed increases per threat levels, and most importantly it matters.

You seem to not have answered my question.

Yes; it is clear that Hellfire and Gale are faster than what they were previously. Nobody is disputing this.

The argument is, what about their depiction makes them comparable in speed to Geryuganshoop?

@Damage3245

I never attempted to answer your question. But now that you mentioned it;

Geryuganshoop is dragon-level threat, likewise Hellfire and Gale, thus they scale. As I posited earlier, speed is a prerequisite behind the placement of threat levels. To exemplify this; in addition to what I said earlier; Hellfire and Gale aren't capable of causing damages as most dragon-level threat, but their speed is that much, they are immediately considered to be dragon-level threat. Furthermore, when I said speed is accounted through depiction, am talking about the increment of speed whenever a character levels up in the threat scale.

And you assume that Geryuganshoop is the most reasonable low-end for all Dragon-level monsters to scale to?

@Devoyant https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1659007

Geryuganshoop being able to fling rocks at sublight speeds is attributed to his ability to eliminate the friction between rocks and air, not the speed of his raw Telekinesis. Why should it be assumed that other Dragon-level threats can apply their powers at the same rate?

@Damage3245

Yes. It's unreasonable to say otherwise considering it disvalue the necessity of your level of strength. Essentially, if you're saying speed isn't a factor of threat levels because it varies as we go through the threat scale, we can as well say Sonic would blitz some dragon-level threat and remain in sight with the logic.

@Maverick

I'm pretty sure removing fiction the air creates in collision with an object doesn't make objects goes at sub-light speed.

> we can as well say Sonic would blitz some dragon-level threat and remain in sight with the logic.

I mean, he could. He actually did blitz a Dragon level threat in the audio books and only got tagged due to massive AoE attacks.

Until they actually get a feat or statement nothing supports them being sub-rel or relativistic

Back