• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashy Flash 4th Wall Awareness (again)

We talked about this in the previous discussion and the discussion ended with Qawsed saying that this panel was redrawn. I talked to Qawsed about this on Message Wall and I asked him about the source and he said:

"The scene originally comes from Chapter 194 where Flashy Flash asked Blast about the Ninja Village, this was changed in the redo of Chapter 194 where thst line was replaced with Makato patting Saitama on the back due to listening too another backstory."

I didn't think it was clear and I looked into it a little bit more and I'll tell you what I've learned now. Contrary to what Qawsed said, this scene comes not from Chapter 194 but from Chapter 196. There is already a scene in Chapter 194 where Saitama gains "4th wall awareness", so for that panel to no longer be canon would mean that Saitama would no longer have "4th wall awareness".

"So where does the confusion over Section 194 come from?" I looked into it, let's look at the Yusuke's tweet:
Tweet1

Then he throws in an English version of this chapter:
Tweet2

If you notice, they are two different chapters. One is Chapter 194 and one is Chapter 196. That's how I figured it out, because when I opened the chapters, it threw me to different translations of the same chapter. So I opened both Chapter 194 and 196 online to figure out which chapter it was. And I found out on the internet that this chapter is Chapter 196. Now let's come to another issue:

Now you will say, "Well, you yourself said that the Flashy Flash panel was redrawn." First of all, the fact that this panel has been redrawn does not mean that it has been abolished. Yusuke Murata has done similar things in a few other chapters. When we look at his Tweet before releasing this Redraw, we can already understand that he did this to give information about the Ninja Village Arc. Therefore, I think this is enough for me to say that Chapter 196 is still canon and redraw is addon. But if you are still going to be argumentative about this, let's try to contact Yusuke Murata on Twitter and ask him questions (even though it doesn't seem very possible).

However, just in case all of this is not accepted by you, I'm going to make an additional argument. Let's go back to the drawing of Saitama breaking the 4th Wall. Both Saitama and Flashy Flash must have 4th Wall Awareness. Because Flash doesn't find it strange at all and takes it as a unit of measurement: "Well done, you outstrip even me."

In this case, we can at least say that Flashy Flash also has an idea of what the 3 manga panels are.

The only real argument here is the last paragraph.

The other things are completely meaningless, as you are not giving any actual proof of the redrawn chapters being canon, just assuming that Murata's intention should be that they're canon to supposedly give us some hint of the future arc but without supporting that idea in anything else that your own headcanon, so it is not a real argument.

We do not accept redrawn chapters as part of the continuity, as we have no reasons to do so. They've been redrawn for a reason, after all, and in most cases do not even follow the same continuity (and this is the case, since in that chapter Saitama came to help against Empty Void, Blast not meeting Empty Void since many years ago, etc.).

Leaving that aside, I do not feel the last paragraph should be reason enough to grant FF Fourth Wall Breaking. Unless the gag repeats itself, that's like giving it to anyone else who was there because they didn't ask the hell Saitama was implying by 3 manga panels

The only real argument here is the last paragraph.

The other things are completely meaningless, as you are not giving any actual proof of the redrawn chapters being canon, just assuming that Murata's intention should be that they're canon to supposedly give us some hint of the future arc but without supporting that idea in anything else that your own headcanon, so it is not a real argument.

We do not accept redrawn chapters as part of the continuity, as we have no reasons to do so. They've been redrawn for a reason, after all, and in most cases do not even follow the same continuity (and this is the case, since in that chapter Saitama came to help against Empty Void, Blast not meeting Empty Void since many years ago, etc.).

Leaving that aside, I do not feel the last paragraph should be reason enough to grant FF Fourth Wall Breaking. Unless the gag repeats itself, that's like giving it to anyone else who was there because they didn't ask the hell Saitama was implying by 3 manga panels
Unfortunately, I cannot argue with what you've said. Ultimately, that these should be considered canon and that the redraw does not make significant changes to the storyline is merely my perspective. However, I disagree with your last statement, as the conversation did not concern everyone present in that environment; instead, it was about Flash arguing with Saitama. Flash acknowledges and accepts the concept of Saitama completing this in '3 manga panels.' So, Flash is aware of and agrees with the term '3 manga panels' in this context.

Contrary to what Qawsed said, this scene comes not from Chapter 194 but from Chapter 196.
The redraw also shuffled around Chapter numbers. Which is why 194 became 196, but both are referring to the same set of events.

Now you will say, "Well, you yourself said that the Flashy Flash panel was redrawn." First of all, the fact that this panel has been redrawn does not mean that it has been abolished.
Yes it does. It was completely removed like with Pig Gods shock Absorption scene (until the bonus Chapter added it back slightly).

Therefore, I think this is enough for me to say that Chapter 196 is still canon
It was changed completely, rendering it non-canon. You can see it by just going to the official online release of the Japanese version. The original Chapter was removed from the OPM section and moved to the non-canon section.

However, just in case all of this is not accepted by you, I'm going to make an additional argument. Let's go back to the drawing of Saitama breaking the 4th Wall. Both Saitama and Flashy Flash must have 4th Wall Awareness. Because Flash doesn't find it strange at all and takes it as a unit of measurement: "Well done, you outstrip even me."
This is the only one that really has evidence but I'm with JustaNormalPerson here. If it happens again I can see it though.

This is the only one that really has evidence but I'm with JustaNormalPerson here. If it happens again I can see it though.
I'm not going to say anything about the other things you said, I presented my own thoughts and additional answers there. I'm taking my last argument as the main topic of discussion at the moment. I'm defending it.

I also gave a reply to JustaNormalPerson's point:

Unfortunately, I cannot argue with what you've said. Ultimately, that these should be considered canon and that the redraw does not make significant changes to the storyline is merely my perspective. However, I disagree with your last statement, as the conversation did not concern everyone present in that environment; instead, it was about Flash arguing with Saitama. Flash acknowledges and accepts the concept of Saitama completing this in '3 manga panels.' So, Flash is aware of and agrees with the term '3 manga panels' in this context.

Back