• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Flashy Flash speed revision

By the way, didn't Flashy Flash slash Saitama at the speed of light on the web-comic, or is that ignored because it's an outlier too?

Reference intended.

Gery can throw rocks at sub-light speed due to a special psychic technique that no one, not even Tatsumaki has. Scaling every Dragon level to that is ridiculous. Unless there is an actual statement from Murata that a certain person's capable of reacting to/dodging those rocks, they don't scale.

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Hizack123
I don't think him attacking so fast a dome appearing around him is FTL but I'm not sure.

I already disagree with FTL, i just said that we should focus on the feats that happened

Devoyant said:
By the way, didn't Flashy Flash slash Saitama at the speed of light on the web-comic, or is that ignored because it's an outlier too?

Reference intended.
Well we ignore it since his attack names in the webcomic are mistranslated, just like his name in the webcomic. The kanji for lightspeed never appears in any of his attack names, the translator just went with it since it sounded cooler/better than their actually names of "Flash Fist" and "Flash Decapitation"

@Ryukama

I don't see how Geryuganshoop psychic ability makes his capability to throw rocks at sub-light speed special. Tatsumaki can indeed throw rocks that fast, but the fiction, and by extension the temperature increase created from rock hammering through the air would cause it to disintegrate.

You're literally arguing that non-psychics have a psychic ability. Do all Dragon Levels know martial arts because Gouketsu does? Can all Dragons do Pig God's weird eating thing because Gums can? Can all Dragons clone themselves because Black Sperm can?

Murata never, ever once stated that Tatsu can throw rocks at sub-light speed (He even pretty much says she can't). All he said that if she tried to throw them like him they'd disintegrate due to friction and air resistance. A rock without the ability to disregard physics like Gery's would obviously disintegrate FAR before it'd ever accelerate even close to sub-light speed.

I think what he's saying is that tats should be able to impart enough force to throw rocks like that but since she has to abide by physics it'll just wreck the rock.

@Ryukama

No. that's a misconstrue. In truth, am saying Geryuganshoop ability to throw rocks at sub-light speed can be categorized as an aspect of speed under the same umbrella as the speed of dragon-level threats. We have actually seen a similar case as this; in which Toneri's attack speed is associated with other characters, despite it was predicated on his psychokinetic ability to move meteors at relativistic speed. I don't know why members of this site has a tendency of going against their own established logic.

@Wokistan

That's exactly my point. I'll rather have Ryukama refer back to it, than clarifying what I meant only for it to be misconstrued.

> In truth, am saying Geryuganshoop ability to throw rocks at sub-light speed can be categorized as an aspect of speed under the same umbrella as the speed of dragon-level threats.

You still haven't given us a reason for why all Dragon-level threats should scale to it though.

Are you saying that Child Emperor should scale to Flashy Flash or Atomic Samurai in speed? All of them are S-Class Heroes after all.

Considering the prerequisites of becoming a s-class is based on the amount or magnitude of wins, rather than strength or speed that would serve as a benchmark; no he doesn't scale. None of them scale to each other normally.

You haven't provided a manga source for the ratings of Dragon level being based on speed, or why Gerg is a reasonable baseline for the minimum speed of a Dragon level monster.

Devoyant said:
Reference intended.
It's a move name called Lightspeed Slash, and he says his name is "Light Speed Flash", but names mean pretty much nothing. I believe it's mistranslated though.

Here's the interview if anyone can't find it.

Devoyant said:
@Ryukama
No. that's a misconstrue. In truth, am saying Geryuganshoop ability to throw rocks at sub-light speed can be categorized as an aspect of speed under the same umbrella as the speed of dragon-level threats. We have actually seen a similar case as this; in which Toneri's attack speed is associated with other characters, despite it was predicated on his psychokinetic ability to move meteors at relativistic speed. I don't know why members of this site has a tendency of going against their own established logic.

@Wokistan

That's exactly my point. I'll rather have Ryukama refer back to it, than clarifying what I meant only for it to be misconstrued.
Again. Geryuganshoop can only throw rocks at sub-light speed due to a psychic technique that no one, not even Tatsumaki has. Other Dragons who aren't psychics don't have this ability just as other Dragons don't have Black Sperm's cloning ability or Gouketsu's martial arts capability.

The only way to scale someone to this is if they're directly stated or shown capable of reacting to/dodging the rocks like Saitama was.

Using just "they're Dragons" is basically saying all Dragons are on par with each other, which is ridiculous. Gouketsu is vastly superior to Bakuzan. Golden Sperm is vastly superior to Gouketsu. The two ninjas are obviously way, way faster than someone like Withered Sprout. A Dragon like Elder Centipede or Overgrown Rover is obviously way, way more durable than a Dragon Level glass cannon like Homeless Emperor. Claiming all Dragons have comparable physical stats is objectively false.

And no Tatsumaki cannot throw rocks at sub-light speed. The words "Tatsumaki can throw rocks at sub-light speed" never comes from Murata's mouth. All he says is if she tried to throw the rocks like Gery they'd disintegrate due to friction and air resistance. Friction and air resistance would disintegrate the rock FAR before they ever reach close to sub-light speed. If he actually said "the rocks Tatsumaki throws would reach sub-light speed only to then disintegrate" you'd have something. But he only ever says that they'd simply disintegrate due to air resistance and friction, which we know would happen to rocks way before they accelerate to such speed. Murata even ends off his talk by saying that "there's a limit to how fast Tatsu can throw objects", with that "limit" clearly being she couldn't throw stuff at sub-light speed.

Again with the misconstrue/straw man. Where did I say all dragon-level threats should have the same similar physical stats? I reiterate; where and when did I suggest that? Similarly how are you not understanding am not talking about the ability, but the speed of said ability?

I'm going to assume you're finding it difficult to understand my points. What's worst, you prefer to misconstrue them, than actually ask for clarification. That says a lot about where this is going.

@Ant, yes, please close the thread.

By claiming that all Dragons should scale to Gery's speed, you're saying that all dragons should have the same similar physical stat (speed).

The speed of the ability only comes from an ability that no one else has. So it's fallacious to claim that other characters can match this ability, or the speed of this ability, when they themselves don't have the ability.

So like I said, in that case the only characters who scale to the speed of this ability are those who are directly stated/shown to be capable of reacting to/dodging Gery's rocks. Which so far none of the Dragon Levels have.

They get Dragon tier due to different things. You can get the same amount of destructive energy by having one large mass moving at a lower speed AND by having one small mass moving at a high speed.

That being said, I disagree that all dragons should be treated the same in terms of speed. That meteor was dragon tier and it wasn't very fast. Terminal velocity isn't very high, still would've destroyed the city completely.

However I do believe that Flash matching Garou even for a second should carry more weight. As a character that soley focuses on speed, so he's probably the fastest or maybe 2nd fastest as I dunno how he compares to Tats.

It's a low-ball and good supporting feat, one that's coincidentally consistent with Atomic Samurai's feats (not saying they scale though).

Of all the heroes possibly scaling to Atomic Samurai, Flash probably makes the most sense

He should be well above Atomic by scaling somewhat to even a suppressed Monster Garou.

They could always amp his rush against Garou. Its also could be possible to get a better speed rating if you used a different explosive velocity, but that would require doing the calc differently

Just finished reading, so in the end, he got serious, and blitzed them. And apparently, he's the only S class who could deal with their speed, saying this after seeing the atomic slash, so more confirmation that he's faster than atomic samurai.

And they made him draw blood, so they are definetly true dragon level threats. Could probably deal with hero hunter Garou if they encountered him.

Looking over the chapter i saw that Flash didnt just blitz them, but he kicked them so fast they couldnt react, went to get his sword which they launched a while back before it even hit a serface, and rushed all the way back and oneshotted gale and hellfire before they even touched the ground.

Back