• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Revisions

Stefano4444 said:
Now that i think about, i could just scale the base of the sand storm with the Royal Plaza and then scale the upper part of the Sand Storm to found the full diameter, after all it was created to make sure either Vivi or anyone else could stop the fights, so it must be have been as large as the plaza.
Here the result.
Stefano2.0 Sand Storm
Palace's Elevation (Black line in the middle of the scan) = 267 pixels

Sand Storm's Base (Black line in the middle of the red line) = 728 pixels.

728/267 = 2.72659176.

Sand Storm's Total Diameter = 5*2.72659176 = 13.6329588 kilometers.

13.6329588/3.15073032804 = 4.32692023.

4.32692023*1.405 = 6.07932292 Megatons of TNT = Small City level+.

Not fully City level, then again it still higher than before and it was casual, so Crocodile could be upgrade to fully city buster.

Still, the chance would be extremely small, the sand storm will have like 0.94444445% less mass than before.

0.94444445*6.07932292 = 5.74158279 Megatons of TNT.

0.94444445*10.4514459 = 9.87081007 Megatons of TNT.

Yes it is. A sandstorm is basically a ton of sand particles moved by the wind(in rough terms). Given how small the sand is, and how big the distance between each sand particle is, 90% hollowness is the usual method.

And as I said before, I'm not sure about it scaling to Croc's normal AP, given that it grew so big only due to being close to a desert.

Then there's the issue which I stated before, being that it's far more reliable to scale it to the palace than the plaza.

Captain Torch said:
Yes it is. A sandstorm is basically a ton of sand particles moved by the wind(in rough terms). Given how small the sand is, and how big the distance between each sand particle is, 90% hollowness is the usual method.
Ok then.

Captain Torch said:
And as I said before, I'm not sure about it scaling to Croc's normal AP, given that it grew so big only due to being close to a desert.
This was already been adressed previously, the sand storm to become stronger need to travel around the desert for a period of time, the one created in Alubarna didn't travel around the desert for then return back in Alubarna, it was created instantly inside the plaza itself.

Captain Torch said:
Then there's the issue which I stated before, being that it's far more reliable to scale it to the palace than the plaza.
I'm still don't understand for what proof the palace has show to be more reliable than the rest of Alubarna, i seriously doubt it lack the same size inconsistencies of the entire city had.

@Stefano

The city is located in the desert though. The Ground itself is sand as well. So that point is moot.

Because we often saw the palace in comparison to the characters, and the size was quite consistent, while the city itself was super small and super small in different panels.

Captain Torch said:
@Stefano
The city is located in the desert though. The Ground itself is sand as well. So that point is moot.
The ground of the plaza is made of rock like the rest of the city, not of sand.

I do not have the time to continue to read all updates to this discussion, so I will unsubscribe now. You can send me a message when you have reached a conclusion.

Gear2ndGandalf said:
Well my house is built on a cement slab in dirt, but it's not made out of cement and dirt.
The desert in still below the actual city and the ground where the city is build on is clearly not made of sand.

And this discussion is pointless, even if it the ground is pure sand, the sand storm doesn't get instantly stronger by be here, it need to travel over the desert to boost its strength.

Gear2ndGandalf said:
Except the sand isn't traveling. It's being generated by Croco Boy atop the structures.
This is what i have stated until now, Crocodile created the entire sand storm by its own power, without using the desert to boost his strength or by using the sand around the city, and it was casual.

This feat can be scaled to his standard AP, there is enough proof of that, the only thing we should trully discuss if the actual size of the sand storm.

I still don't think that creating a sandstorm scales to his usual AP feats. I'm unconvinced that Luffy kicking a Desert Spada makes him City level.

I would say that, even if we agree on it scaling to Crocodile, that it is an outlier for Luffy.

I see what you mean Stefano, but I agree with Damage on the sandstorm not scaling to his usual AP feats. I think Luffy should be downgraded to something like town level for this arc. City level is a bit much this early in OP for Luffy.

Luffy has a calc of his golden bell attack against enel, which resulted in small town. His Gears then would be town level via scaling to reject dial(Because Lucci's Rokyogan >= Reject Dial, as stated by himself) which is like 17 kilotons

Damage3245 said:
I still don't think that creating a sandstorm scales to his usual AP feats. I'm unconvinced that Luffy kicking a Desert Spada makes him City level.
Unless you want to suggest that Crocodile need to put more effort in creating the sand storm rather than fight Luffy, which i'm sorry to said but its illogical.

Damage3245 said:
I would say that, even if we agree on it scaling to Crocodile, that it is an outlier for Luffy.
Bruh what

Gear2ndGandalf said:
I see what you mean Stefano, but I agree with Damage on the sandstorm not scaling to his usual AP feats. I think Luffy should be downgraded to something like town level for this arc. City level is a bit much this early in OP for Luffy.
If we really going to downgrade Luffy, then he still get to be Small City level in virtue of be physically superior to Pell, who had survive the previously mentioned bomb while in a weakened state, thanks of Nico Robin.

You know, the same bomb which had a radious of 2.5 kilometers, which would make it Large Town level+.

Well, the Pell feat is undeniably an outlier though. Like the crocodile stuff is debatable but Pell? No way in hell is this legit. Not to mention that he didn't even necessarily "tank" it, it's more like he "survived" it.

Captain Torch said:
Well, the Pell feat is undeniably an outlier though. Like the crocodile stuff is debatable but Pell? No way in hell is this legit. Not to mention that he didn't even necessarily "tank" it, it's more like he "survived" it.
So since he didn't tank it it means he didn't needed to had Large Town level durability to survive it? Despire the fact he had took the explosion at point blank?

This is getting ridiculous, you're suggesting that anything higher than Multi-City Block level must be an outlier, at this point you should also say that the Desert Spada's feat must an outlier as well, since neither other comparable chararacters have display similar feats and because he had just one single 8-A feat.

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying it's an outlier because this bomb was a problem for EVERYONE there, and yet Pell survived it. I guess Pell > Luffy, Zoro, sanji, etc.?

Not to mention that surviving something =/= tanking it. Doflamingo survived Luffy's King Kong Gun, but he doesn't scale to that

Captain Torch said:
No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying it's an outlier because this bomb was a problem for EVERYONE there, and yet Pell survived it. I guess Pell > Luffy, Zoro, sanji, etc.?
Nobody in that arc has ever mention that characters like Luffy or Zoro wouldn't have survived the blast, only that it was going to kill the royal army and rebel army, and none of them were on the level of Pell.

Captain Torch said:
Not to mention that surviving something =/= tanking it. Doflamingo survived Luffy's King Kong Gun, but he doesn't scale to that
I'm pretty sure that was because powerscaling wise Doflamingo was inferior to him so he cannot be scaled.

Still, if you survived a 10 megaton bomb in front of you face and you were still able to remain alive even if heavy wounded, you still get to have City level durability.

No, it's because surviving a feat =/= tanking a feat. Pretty basic tbh. Pell was knocked out by that bomb for an unknown amount of time, so it wouldn't scale either way. Not to mention that it's an obvious outlier given the hype the bomb had.

Captain Torch said:
No, it's because surviving a feat =/= tanking a feat. Pretty basic tbh. Pell was knocked out by that bomb for an unknown amount of time, so it wouldn't scale either way. Not to mention that it's an obvious outlier given the hype the bomb had.
The bomb was been considered dangerous for three reasons:

- Because nobody know where it was going to be fired, make it harder to locate it.

- It was going to be fired in just a few minutes, so there was little time to stop the bomb.

- It was going to kill everyone on the plaza, wiping out both one million people.

It was never hype to be powerful enough to kill the strongest people on Alubarna.

Captain Torch said:
"Pell was knocked out."

That's all we need to know. This means he cannot scale to it. I agree with Cap on this one.

Considering how inconsistent Crocodiles strength was depicted later in the series, I dont think scalling so many characters to him is a good idea.

Yeah, I have to say that Crocodile is one of the few cases of Oda deliberately retconning stuff; the guy gets bloodied by punches from base Luffy in the Alabasta Arc but is able to mostly tank a Haki-infused shoulder charge from Jozu later on?

I think we need to re-evaluate the scaling of the characters from early on, and see if we can build a more cohesive picture than just making everyone from the Alabasta Arc onwards as City Level.

im less impressed by pell surviving the explosion im more impressed by him falling at terminal velocity into the ground after surviving the explosion the whole thing is irrelevant as pell did indeed die from the explosion and oda retconned it mid arc and does regret it to this day that's why I don't expect to see Pedro anytime soon speaking of pedro anyone know how that explosion puts Perospero at?

1cheapskate said:
the whole thing is irrelevant as pell did indeed die from the explosion and oda retconned it
That's like arguing that Akainu's surviving Whitebeard's fury is not a valid feat because Oda initially wanted him to die.

Or like say any feats after the Namek Saga is irrivelant because Toriyama wanted to end the series after that Saga.

Its a really stupid argument, it doesn't matter if this was a retcon or not, Pell had still survived the explosion just like how Akainu survived Whitebeard's fury.

Claim it as an outlier is a far better reason than this nonsense.

Damage3245 said:
Yeah, I have to say that Crocodile is one of the few cases of Oda deliberately retconning stuff; the guy gets bloodied by punches from base Luffy in the Alabasta Arc but is able to mostly tank a Haki-infused shoulder charge from Jozu later on?
There is a reason why Crocodile was divided in two keys, and personally it would be better in that way due of the difference gap of power show in the different Sagas, just like how we don't treat Pre Recton Beyonder and Post Recton Beyonder or Pre Crisis Darkseid and Post Crisis Darkseid like the same person. Doing otherwise it would make a huge mess, because if we use Alabasta Saga Crocodile, then who is going to scale who?

No other characters have perform feats on the same level of Crocodile, neither Mr. 1 or Mr. 2 have show anything higher than Large Building level, and since Pell surviving the bomb is now an outlier everyone will be downgraded to Large Building level+.

In Skypiea only Enel have feats reaching Town level, but no one was trully able to fight him on par, and since Luffy was technically able to win because he was immune to his most powerful ability it could be argue that no one should get scaling from Enel.

While in Water Seven everyone is depend by powerscaling (with the expection of Kalifa), so even if we go are trying to be generous they would only reach City Block level via powerscaling.

And then we reach Thriller Bark, and at that point only Shadow Asgard Moria have show a Town level feat, but with this new scaling the are going to have in front a massive jump of power (city block to town level is not a small gap), and where we will have two choices, either not accept as it could be considered as an outlier for the sake of be coherent or accept it despire the fact that other feats didn't get the same treatment.

Basically Pre Time Skip One Piece would suffer a massive downgrade.

Captain Torch said:
Luffy has a calc of his golden bell attack against enel, which resulted in small town. His Gears then would be town level via scaling to reject dial(Because Lucci's Rokyogan >= Reject Dial, as stated by himself) which is like 17 kilotons
^The monster trio has decent feats though

> Basically Pre Time Skip One Piece would suffer a massive downgrade.

This may have to be the case.

Post-Timeskip One Piece had to undergo a massive downgrade because there were flaws with the reasoning for its previous ratings.

I do think that the Pre-Timeskip ratings have been a bit inflated in the past and need some refining.

Back