• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

I was enjoying her just fine up until the last chapter of wano. What broke me was the last page with her of Momo saying he's gonna surpass his father and Yamato says "Who, me?"
No words can describe how that single interaction tired me. I went from liking Yamato a lot to straight up disliking the character because of how braindead they act.
It could just be the 'overused gag fatigue' that made me pull back from Sanji during FMI tho. We'll see how Yamato is when the wano squad comes back
I kinda think Yamato is a lot more than just "I'm Kozuki Oden lmao," he just likes to add in the lil bits as jokes. I mean, Yamato has actively referred to himself as the son of Kaidou. Imo it would be funnier if Yamato pointed to Kin'emon and said "who, him?"

Seriously, this is like saying Brook's character is just about being a pervert. It's a lot of it, but he also plays music.

Also, my friend unironically called Sabo the next Kozuki Oden because of that one anime scene with the flashbacks of Roger, WB, and Oden next to Luffy, Ace, and Sabo.

More like two. There's a Flash thread I'm kind of hanging out to dry rn.

Oof.

I'm joking, ofc. Only about that, though, not about you.
1688671156466.jpg

I think Franky has a decent chance as well, depending on how he plays his cards tbh.

General Cannon's AOE is so massive that if he leads with it he's pretty much guaranteed to demolish them, same with the Radical Beam explosion.

I kinda think Yamato is a lot more than just "I'm Kozuki Oden lmao," he just likes to add in the lil bits as jokes. I mean, Yamato has actively referred to himself as the son of Kaidou. Imo it would be funnier if Yamato pointed to Kin'emon and said "who, him?"

Seriously, this is like saying Brook's character is just about being a pervert. It's a lot of it, but he also plays music.
it's because Yamato got like 40% of a single arc and used it so many times in that short timespan that it felt suffocating to sit through.
Compared to sanji/brook who's gags are sprinkled across a far longer duration.

Plus their gag doesn't affect their person much (until FMI sanji, hence why I hate that era) to the point of "my personality is this gag".
I still don't hate Yamato half as much as some though, I'm rooting for the character to come back less... whatever they were. The Oden shit needs to end, not because of Oden's name, that's fine- but pushing it to the point of "Momo is my son" is painful

it's because Yamato got like 40% of a single arc and used it so many times in that short timespan that it felt suffocating to sit through.
Compared to sanji/brook who's gags are sprinkled across a far longer duration.

Plus their gag doesn't affect their person much (until FMI sanji, hence why I hate that era) to the point of "my personality is this gag".
I still don't hate Yamato half as much as some though, I'm rooting for the character to come back less... whatever they were. The Oden shit needs to end, not because of Oden's name, that's fine- but pushing it to the point of "Momo is my son" is painful
I honestly think the Oden stuff is best left as a crutch that's thrown aside when Kaidou's defeat has finally... y'know, sunk in for him. What I genuinely want is Yamato taking Kaidou's place, but actually being a good person. Best-case scenario, well... the Beast Pirates don't exactly have a captain at the moment, and the strongest member by far, King, does not seem to like being in charge.

Unrelated but:

What Strawhats, aside from the Monster Trio, can defeat Usopp and Nami in a 2v1? Usopp with all equipment (Pop-Greens, Dials, etc) and Nami with Zeus.
Full crew, rough estimates:

Luffy: 99% odds.
Zoro: 99% odds.
Sanji: 1% odds against Nami alone.
Jinbe: 95% odds.
MP Chopper: 80% odds.
Robin: 50% odds.
Franky: 25% odds.
Brook: 10% odds.

Robin has the highest odds of the non-m3 members tbh.

She can spawn limbs on multiple people, and undoutably has more lifting strength, so she can easily knock their weapons away before they can really do anything. Then just break their back.

They have no real counter to her doing that, and its pretty in-character she would start a fight with that strategy.

Back