• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Ignoring pages for a sec and just focusing on personal beliefs, do y'all think that Shanks' natural durability is as high as Big Mom and Kaido (or at least close), or do y'all think Shanks makes up for potentially lower dura by having insane Haki durability?
I don't think his natural durability is as high as them, he would make up for it though by avoiding attacks with Future Sight or blocking his blade + buso preventing him from taking any serious damage in the first place.

It's a minor CRT, so only 1 staff agreement is needed

Once the Ulti downgrade is implemented, we can then focus on upgrading Post Udon Luffy's G3 and maybe even his G2.

It's a minor CRT, so only 1 staff agreement is needed

Pog. I'll apply the revisions after work then.

Ignoring pages for a sec and just focusing on personal beliefs, do y'all think that Shanks' natural durability is as high as Big Mom and Kaido (or at least close), or do y'all think Shanks makes up for potentially lower dura by having insane Haki durability?
I think Shank’s is gonna end up beiing weaker in overall stats. Same with Mihawk.

Their bodies seem very much “human” compared to the massive “iron balloon” and the “strongest creature”.

They make up for it via superior mastery of haki and skill, but if either tried to like...arm wrestle Big Mom they'd get slammed imo.

I don't really disagree.

Big Mom is definitely carried in large part by her physical stats and devil fruit. She's never been shown to be a particularly strategic fighter, nor has she really shown exceptional skill as a fighter/swordswoman. In addition to being plagued by overconfidence.

I think not being particularly intelligent (outside of being a competent enough Emperor) is part of her character tbh. She's meant to be a bit more childish and impulsive than...say, Mihawk or Shanks.

Nah... I feel like his strength his greater but her durability is better
Fair enough yeah. I think Big Mom and Kaido are just set apart from a lot of the others, strength-wise, due to their abnormal bodies and size tbh. I could very well be wrong, but it just seems like those two are the most "monstrous" of the top-level characters.

In a pure slugfest I would give it to Garp, but that's because IMO he likely has better Haki. Which is gonna be the deciding factor there.

I mean... From feats and portrayals, big mom doesn't have anything close to garp strength wise... She is more of a tank than a missile with what's currently shown from her

Garp against Marco vs big mom against marco... Or even use aokiji if you think post timeskip is different

Casually destroying 8 mountains as basically a warm up + more

Last edited:
Strength as in AP or strength as in physical power alone?

I agree that Garp can hit harder than Big Mom. But I don't think he was ever portrayed as being significantly above her in terms of like...lifting or muscle strength. Again, Garp likely has extraordinarily good haki, and definitely has better Hao infusion than she does.

Strength as in AP or strength as in physical power alone?

I agree that Garp can hit harder than Big Mom. But I don't think he was ever portrayed as being significantly above her in terms of like...lifting or muscle strength. Again, Garp likely has extraordinarily good haki, and definitely has better Hao infusion than she does.
I'm talking physical striking strength and kinda lifting

What she do...?
Amiress.png

0439-010.png
0719-010.png

Has the lifting strength and definitely has the strength to overpower queen trying to resist

Otherwise I don't know what else your talking about, I'm on early wano btw

Back