• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gonna argue against this saying that claiming a canon statement of Luffy seeing light as "too slow" is not sufficient is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard
I'm not the one who said it, this is like 6 threads worth of other people saying so including DT and them, so if "too slow" is good enough for SOL reactions I'm not against it, this is just saying that the rules say that the logic ain't good enough

Well guess what, the rules are dumb.

If reacting to the speed of light by going "too slow" isn't enough, nothing should be enough at this point. I've been saying this a lot lately, but this isn't logical, it's scrutiny for the sake of it.
Should I shoot this to CGD for more cgm's pov?

Gonna argue against this saying that claiming a canon statement of Luffy seeing light as "too slow" is not sufficient is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard
I second this.
There IS a canon statement of at least SOL perception as he calls light "too slow" without relying on kenbun for aim-dodging. If another character said Luffy is too fast it's different, but Luffy himself reacting to light patiently with no effort then calling its speed "too slow" by the standards of his own reflexes implies SOL perception at least.

This is apparently calc stacking

Based on Luffy not having a canon statement of SOL perception

Even the SOL being too slow not good enough

So that means that this needs to be removed from Luffy's, Kaidou's, and Yamato's pages
Disregarding the calc itself the fact luffy considers sol too slow and got multiple reaction speed amps afterwards but still got blitzed simply means kaido is faster than light bare minimum

Disregarding the calc itself the fact luffy considers sol too slow and got multiple reaction speed amps afterwards but still got blitzed simply means kaido is faster than light bare minimum
That's on his profile already

I can see why people are getting angry but the panel used to prove this is just Luffy dodging a laser is from (Presumably) a distance away.

That doesn't require LS movement and him calling it to slow can simply just be him referring to it being too slow to hit him, not necessarily him saying that the light itself is slow

I haven't seen the full context of the panel that this was from in it's entirety but that's what I think as of rn

Last edited:
I can see why people are getting angry but the panel used to prove this is just Luffy dodging a laser is from (Presumably) a distance away.

That doesn't require LS movement and him calling it to slow can simply just be him referring to it being to slow to hit him not necessarily him saying that the light itself is slow

I haven't seen the full context of the panel that this was from in it's entirety but that's what I think as of rn
Good point. IIRC the panel in question is when a Pacifista shoots lasers at Post-TS Luffy and he dodges by weaving his head?

Depending on the distance away from you and how much you moved, dodging even supersonic bullets could only grant you subsonic speed, so I think it matters quite a bit.

Last edited:
I totally agree, because firstly, he said the slow SOL is already older than thunder bagua feats which means the perception might be higher. As stated in the page stacking. Using ambiguous time frames and compressing the results obtained to SOL to make it look Low is stacking.

However I will say that since Luffy by this point has multiple laser dodging feats I believe a version of the calc could be made with baseline relativistic reactions

Similar to how we allow subsonic reactions for characters who consistently blitz humans

That would still probably yield something

Still I'd like to see what Damage has to say about it as he knows the rules better

That doesn't require LS movement and him calling it to slow can simply just be him referring to it being too slow to hit him, not necessarily him saying that the light itself is slow

Distance has no effect whatsoever on the statement itself.

He says the beam of light itself is "too slow". He's flat out calling out the speed as inferior, not that it was easy to see coming because of the distance or observation haki. If it were the latter he would've used something around the lines of "Predictable" instead

Distance has no effect whatsoever on the statement itself.

He says the beam of light itself is "too slow". He's flat out calling out the speed as inferior, not that it was easy to see coming because of the distance or observation haki. If it were the latter he would've used something around the lines of "Predictable" instead
Based on what?

He could just as easily be referring to the attack itself being "Too slow" to hit him

Point is he saw this attack coming from a distance away and only moved his head out of the way, that doesn't require LS reactions.

Distance absolutely has an effect on the statement itself

Based on what?

He could just as easily be referring to the attack itself being "Too slow" to hit him

Point is he saw this attack coming from a distance away and only moved his head out of the way, that doesn't require LS reactions.

I somewhat agree to this.

If there's a car travelling towards me at full speed, but its over 500 meters away, me calling it "too slow" isn't weird.

Based on what?

Heavily disagree

He's calling the light "too slow" and his evasion of it was depicted as effortless. That's at least SoL reactions on context alone. You're creating assumptions based on "well it could be this," when there's a far simpler explanation

Heavily disagree

He's calling the light "too slow" and his evasion of it was depicted as effortless. That's at least SoL reactions on context alone. You're creating assumptions based on "well it could be this," when there's a far simpler explanation
You don't need to be SOL reactions to perceive lightspeed movement just like humans don't need to be Superhuman reaction speed in order to perceive baseballs coming towards them at close distances. Hell humans can percieve tank shells and there are video recording just that but we don't rate normal humans as Subsonic+ to supersonic

Here's the full panel and as you can see the pacifista was nowhere near 1 meter from Luffy

bQ62aRIYvXUzJjSvU7Hg1611718673.jpg

We don't see when he does it we only see the aftermath of the laser whizzing past him

To claim that he did so in that single panel despite no supporting evidence is just straight up wrong
Yet you're claiming he Aim Dodged it without any evidence of your own, which in itself is outright wrong.

Not to mention, the anime supports my claim far more than yours (the episode is 521)

Based on what?

You're very flat out changing the interpertation and dialogue altogether.
Characters have differentiation. There's other instances where Luffy calls out predictability is called out in different fashion. He doesn't say light here is too predictable or "too easy' to dodge because of the distance. He says it's TOO SLOW. "Too slow" is used as a measure of speed, not predictability.
Same happens when he can't avoid thunder bagua and says it's "too fast" instead of "unpredictable", which he does later with drunk Kaido despite it being a 'blitz' by many standards. He differentiates when something is too fast/too slow and something is too predictable/unpredictable

Yet you're claiming he Aim Dodged it without any evidence of your own, which in itself is outright wrong.

Not to mention, the anime supports my claim far more than yours (the episode is 521)
I never said he aim-dodged it, I'm saying he isn't LS for dodging it which is objectively correct given what where shown.

I have no idea how the one-piece anime canonicity works so if it's usable then go ahead

Back