• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Thirteen Impel Down

@LordWhis; only piece of evidence IIRC and that's him and Shanks duelling in the past, before Shanks became a Yonkou.

Vivre Card can't really be trusted. It said that Shanks was a Yonkou 12 years ago when he duelled Mihawk, whereas the manga revealed that Shanks became a Yonkou only 6 years ago.

Naw I agree with Mihawk being Yonko level

Noting disproves it unless it's in regards to possible time frames which is stupid imo

I found this thread from last year about tiering character via size.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1926585

Apparently Ugarik calculated that a human for be 6-B would had to be 22.500 meters tall.

Now i'm not sure if this is still considered accurate or if instead had be debunked, assuming it is still valid, could this potentially upgrade Zunesha to fully Country level?

Yes the results were based for a humanoid, but considering that a elephant just tall as a human would is still possess more weight, this could be see as an acceptable lowball.

Zunesha isn't really like any IRL elephant. The proportions don't line up given how long its legs are.

Damage3245 said:
Zunesha isn't really like any IRL elephant. The proportions don't line up given how long its legs are.
Yes, but Zunesha's body compare to a human body would way wider and longer, which would grant Zunesha way more weight.

Damage3245 said:
Vivre Card can't really be trusted. It said that Shanks was a Yonkou 12 years ago when he duelled Mihawk, whereas the manga revealed that Shanks became a Yonkou only 6 years ago.
Actually the vivre card never said he became a yonko 12 years ago. The translator themselves even admitted they just assumed it implied he was a yonko before he met Luffy but now it turns out he wasn't. Also that wasn't really the only reason he was considered comparable to a yonko. I think there was a reddit comment where a guy detailed all the stuff about Mihawk likely being yonko lvl.

One reason not to consider Mihawk Yonkou level is that when the Five Elder Stars were listing the only individuals they thought that were capable of stopping Blackbeard, they only listed Kaido, Big Mom and Shanks.

Damage3245 said:
One reason not to consider Mihawk Yonkou level is that when the Five Elder Stars were listing the only individuals they thought that were capable of stopping Blackbeard, they only listed Kaido, Big Mom and Shanks.
maybe but then again they could be talking about BB and his entier crew cus for sure mihawk cant take a yonko crew all by himself even if he was yonko lv

Damage3245 said:
I mean there's more reasons implying Mihawk is closer to Yonko lvl rather than against it. Oh right here's the comment by the way just found it. https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/danf8d/comment/f1tp0x2

I agree with the downgrade. It comes down to whether Mihawk scales to Yonko and if so, more often than he does weaker characterts. Lots of reasons on reddit but one only one that is legit: Shanks.

Even before recent reveal Shanks=Mihawk has been debated because some thnk Shanks gets most of his power from King's Haki. Now with this on top of it I'd say the logic of past Shanks doesn't make much sense.

On the other hand Mihawk already has scaling to Jozu, Vista, Duffy, Crocodile, and to a lesser extent Kuzan and Akainu. Low 6-B seems most appropiate At Least until he gets some much better feats.

I agree that Mihawk should be downgraded, but he should have a "possibly 6-B" with a description that he rivaled Shanks in the past, but it is unknown what level of power Shanks was at the time, given it was before he ascended to being a Yonko.

"At least Low 6-B (Walked away from the battlefield of Marineford with not a scratch on himself despite coming into contact with many notable pirates such as Commanders and Captains of the Whitebeard Alliance who were at least this powerful. He is also hailed as the world's strongest swordsman, implying his supremacy to the likes of Vista and many notable swordsman throughout the world), possibly 6-B (Was once a rival of Shanks, though this was before the latter became a Yonko, thus it is unknown how Mihawk compares to Shanks as of current times, or if he is even a match for him)"

Something to that affect, but more concise is what I'd suggest.

I think people are skipping over some pretty basic logic with regards to Mihawk's strength.

Mihawk is titled as the World's Strongest Swordsman.

Shanks is a swordsman.

We already know they were rivals. It fits, and unless someone can show me how Shanks just.....isn't a swordfighter, then you have to presume that literally everyone knowledgable in the world of One Piece is wrong insofar as Mihawk's title is concerned.

The only reason to not consider Mihawk on the level of the Yonkou, generally, in-verse is that the size and strength of their crews is what makes the Yonkou fearsome as well as having an absurdly monstrous Captain. But Mihawk should absolutely be on the level with other Yonkou individually due to, reasonably, being at-or-above Shanks' level.

First of all why are we considering shanks to be stronger as he ages? Isn't this the same verse where you guys say old age plays a huge part in ap??

If anything shanks without an arm is weaker than the shanks that rivaled Mihawk.

Xulrev said:
I think people are skipping over some pretty basic logic with regards to Mihawk's strength.
Mihawk is titled as the World's Strongest Swordsman.

Shanks is a swordsman.

We already know they were rivals. It fits, and unless someone can show me how Shanks just.....isn't a swordfighter, then you have to presume that literally everyone knowledgable in the world of One Piece is wrong insofar as Mihawk's title is concerned.

The only reason to not consider Mihawk on the level of the Yonkou, generally, in-verse is that the size and strength of their crews is what makes the Yonkou fearsome as well as having an absurdly monstrous Captain. But Mihawk should absolutely be on the level with other Yonkou individually due to, reasonably, being at-or-above Shanks' level.
Shanks literally ended a War.... If Mihawk would've pulled that same stunt everyone would've probably laughed.

Y would they laugh?

The whole world knows Mihawk probably even more than Shanks because you don't have to be a pirate to be a swordsman so I'm pretty sure non pirates around the world know of the world Greatness Swordsman and his strength with the black blade

AstralKing7 said:
Y would they laugh?
The whole world knows Mihawk probably even more than Shanks because you don't have to be a pirate to be a swordsman so I'm pretty sure non pirates around the world know of the world Greatness Swordsman and his strength with the black blade
Because Mihawk is fodder. Imagine Mihawk saying the same words Shanks did to Garp, Sengoku, Akainu, Kizaru, Akoji, etc....

Im sorry I just don't think it would have ended well for him.

Shanks literally ended a War.... If Mihawk would've pulled that same stunt everyone would've probably laughed.
Shanks WITH HIS CANONICALLY-ABSURD CREW ended a war that was already on its last legs wherein all major players were severely wounded or had sustained massive losses. Shanks' crew is notable specifically for each member having monstrous bounties and being renowned in their own right, so yes, Shanks ended the War but Celestial my man you obviously are ignoring context to lend your point more credence than it is owed. That is dishonest.

I still hold that the marines could have killed the red hair pirates if they had wanted to. And I consider Beckmann to be a Yonko level fighter. 4 healthy top tiers and one somewhat injured top tier vs 2 top tiers.

I still hold that the marines could have killed the red hair pirates if they had wanted to
If Blackbeard&Crew suddenly just stopped kicking the shit out of Garp and Sengoku, sure. The Marines split into two factions to deal with the fleeing pirates and also hold off Blackbeard, so I fail to see how they miraculously would have had enough manpower to even fathom an idea of harming the Red Hair Pirates.

AstralKing7 said:
First of all why are we considering shanks to be stronger as he ages? Isn't this the same verse where you guys say old age plays a huge part in ap??

If anything shanks without an arm is weaker than the shanks that rivaled Mihawk.
Because Shanks isn't old. He's young enough that it's perfectly reasonable to assume he got stronger since then.

AstralKing7 said:
That's only partially true, Sengoku did stated that Big Mom and Kaido back at the time of Xebec where not as strong as they were, despire becoming much older especially with Big Mom.

So yes, it looks like that characters can still keep getting stronger until they reach a certain age, for there they would start to get weaker instead.

Because Shanks isn't old. He's young enough that it's perfectly reasonable to assume he got stronger since then.

Same holds true for Mihawk.

Honestly the marines could beat all 4 Yonko at the same time- 5 top tiers vs 10. To quote Joseph Stalin- "Quantity has a quality all its own.

Back