• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1092: "The Tyrant Kuma's Rampage Through The Holy Land" (Fan Translation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we seriously going ti remove ftl shit because of "muh kizaru"?
I thought the main consensus in every battle forum, including vsbattles, was that Kizaru’s fight is going to make or break the OP speed meta? Obviously this chapter is going to have a huge impact on the scaling.

He & Luffy have databooks backing up this
Somehow, magically, when it gets to kizaru specifically that rule conveniently doesn't apply anymore.
Because photons can explode.
Because photons can be made into swords..
You have to convince me Kizaru is the one single outlier to the "devil fruit's base grows with the user" before you even make the argument that LS is his end all be all. Unless mfs are ready to argue kizaru's full potential as a photon man is... glowing brighter

And?
He's a light human at his base. Literally eating the fruit DAY 1 makes you LS. And if he said he accelerated out of his own mouth, arguing he didn't is literally debating author intentions.
Kizaru never said that he's accelerating his speed

because I literally said at the beginning of the text that I was considering that Kizaru can accelerate to a speed above light when using a "boost" through light...
That's the same way Luffy's rubber arm moves faster by using a "boost" through rubber. It's fiction. If he says he's faster, we have to sit Oda down and make him believe that what he wrote is wrong

We act like One Piece elements don't exceed their showings anyway.
Akainu's magma scientifically should be nowhere near burning ace, yet his magma is the hottest thing to exist in a verse where a lightning fruit, flame fruit, and a dude with blue flames exist.
CROCODILE is sand and he should be glassed by being near Akainu yet he splits the guy in half with zero affects to his sand.

Again, you're all looking at the user's abilities from the "base" standpoint, not from the fact that all these guys had 20+ years to train their powers to become even more powerful. This entire argument is stupid.

It really must be a language barrier, I literally took it into account in my points. Is my English really that bad? because I literally said at the beginning of the text that I was considering that Kizaru can accelerate to a speed above light when using a "boost" through light...
Okay now you're just taking the piss

I fail to see how "acceleration" implies "I'm accelerating my power" and not "accelerating to increase my power"
Kizaru made that statement while charging an other attack from a large distance but Kizaru previous attack still blitzed Luffy and and there is no proof that his previous attack was beyond LS

Couldn't the acceleration that Kizaru used for the attack simply be just him using the force from accelerating to LS? Hell you can see there is already a beam of light ahead of Kizaru before he uses the attack. Why would a beam of light be ahead of Kizaru if he is already moving at LS? He then catches up to it by accelerating and then uses the KE generated to kick Luffy. Seems simple enough.

Only way I can see the FTL is you believe that before acceleration Kizaru is already moving at LS. If that is the case, then when he catches up to the beam ahead of him then he has to be moving FTL.

He was ALREADY in his photon form. He was already LS since he took off. He accelerated while in that form for greater speeds, which is why we see his comperssed photon form SHOCKWAVE THREE TIMES before releasing
But why is there a beam of light ahead of him before he accelerates if he is already moving at LS? Sorry I don't One Piece scale I just lurk from time to time so I don't really know how light behaves in this verse.
Where are these new users coming from speaking bs? 🙉😅... Why now and only about this?

Is there some new tweet/vid that got popular or something 👁️
Not a new user just don't comment much.

But why is there a beam of light ahead of him before he accelerates if he is already moving at LS? Sorry I don't One Piece scale I just lurk from time to time so I don't really know how light behaves in this verse.
He does that to make a path to where he's going to move to
0510-004.png
0510-005.png
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/op_1090_kizaru_013.pnghttps://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/op_1090_kizaru_014.png
LS
09-1-697x1024.jpg

FTL

Last edited:
It seems that there’s gonna a never ending debate about the scan where Kizaru accelerates since some would say that you could argue either side 50/50. There are only 2 options: Kizaru traveled at LS or faster. IMO, obviously feel free to disagree, the best way to go around this is to look at the previous page.

Snakeman’s point blank attack got outsped by Kizaru’s basic LS form without any acceleration. He also got perception blitzed and couldn’t tell where Kizaru flew to until he shined like a flashlight. I can’t see this being anything other than clear cut evidence that Snakeman Luffy is slower than LS, and by quite a large amount too considering the distance Kizaru traveled.

Last edited:
Snakeman’s point blank attack got outsped by Kizaru’s basic LS form without any acceleration. He also got perception blitzed and couldn’t tell where Kizaru flew to until he shined like a flashlight. I can’t see this being anything other than clear cut evidence that Snakeman Luffy being slower than LS, and by quite a large amount too considering the distance Kizaru traveled.
Bs of bs 😴

Where is it shown that he couldn't perceive Kizaru?
This scene to me just shows that Luffy is confused/surprised that Kizaru flew really far away
Luffy kept looking at the same spot Kizaru was in until he realized that Kizaru disappeared
9093667-img_20230913_203256.jpg

Last edited:
Can I ask for your reasoning?
Don't wanna debate but sure... Basically you're just headcanoning what actually happened
09-1-697x1024.jpg

Luffy didn't know why he went away... Which is why he was confused. You can even see before mid movement, luffy looking and reacting to kizaru flying away (kizaru is still moving via looking at the action lines and appearing bigger compared to the left panel)
10-1-2-694x1024.jpg

Luffy even reacts to the accelerated kizaru even more denying your interpretation/headcanon

Last edited:
Luffy kept looking at the same spot Kizaru was in until he realized that Kizaru disappeared
9093667-img_20230913_203256.jpg
He was confused as to why Kizaru flew away, that's why he goes "hm?!"
Nothing in the panel or chapter implies that he got perception blitzed
Heck the scene right after shows him reacting to Kizaru's movement with him going "!!!!" when Kizaru is dashing at him at light speed

He was confused as to why Kizaru flew away, that's why he goes "hm?!"
Nothing in the panel or chapter implies that he got perception blitzed
Heck the scene right after shows him reacting to Kizaru's movement with him going "!!!!" when Kizaru is dashing at him at light speed
It's also the notification mark as well

0784-012.png
0784-013.png

This is perception blitz, something that didn't happen at all with kizaru

Don't wanna debate but sure... Basically you're just headcanoning what actually happened
09-1-697x1024.jpg

Luffy didn't know why he went away... Which is why he was confused. You can even see before mid movement, luffy looking and reacting to kizaru flying away (kizaru is still moving via looking at the action lines and appearing bigger compared to the left panel)
10-1-2-694x1024.jpg

Luffy even reacts to the accelerated kizaru even more denying your interpretation/headcanon
You’re ignoring the first panel of the first scan you posted where Luffy was still looking at Kizaru’s previous position despite him being long gone, as well as the previous page when Snakeman’s point blank attack failed to hit Kizaru.

Kizaru was hundreds of meters to potentially a few KMs away from Egghead, it’s not far fetched at all for Luffy to have at least have some sort of reaction to Kizaru charging at him. Snakeman’s slower than light, but not to the extent that he can’t perceive it from such a distance with prep time (Kizaru floating there and then charging up the attack).

You also need to remember that Kizaru was outside the island, and Luffy was already looking at him before he accelerated. In the panel after Kizaru disappears, it shows Luffy with his hand on face, After Kizaru speeds up, Luffy notices but can't even block, and again: Kizaru was EXTREMELY far away.

The issue here goes beyond this scene, when Luffy's punch hits the ground, Kizaru had dodged at the speed of light and was very far away, a SoL wouldn't do that to someone who is 8x faster.

There's still the issue of Bonney not being able to hit and being hit, Franky didn't notice Kizaru disappearing in front of his eyes...

Kizaru without his SoL movement, managing to react to Luffy's blows, which by default is already FTL even in base...

I'm not saying that there are no FTL characters in OP, but rather that the scale is clearly strange, in addition to several FTL characters that shouldn't be, there is still how FTL level they are scaled is clearly too high.

Sanji using his exo density "faster acceleration, greater weight"<wiki accepts he's faster
Luffy recoiling his arm off air "Even stretching, my arm will accelerate!"<wiki accepts he's faster
Kizaru charging up in photon form "Acceleration is power"< "No he specifically can't be faster"
I dont think its about kizaru moving faster, its moreso a debate on how he actually acheives that. If he has to move through that tunnel to move faster than light then it becomes different.

You also need to remember that Kizaru was outside the island, and Luffy was already looking at him before he accelerated. In the panel after Kizaru disappears, it shows Luffy with his hand on face, After Kizaru speeds up, Luffy notices but can't even block, and again: Kizaru was EXTREMELY far away.

The issue here goes beyond this scene, when Luffy's punch hits the ground, Kizaru had dodged at the speed of light and was very far away, a SoL wouldn't do that to someone who is 8x faster.

There's still the issue of Bonney not being able to hit and being hit, Franky didn't notice Kizaru disappearing in front of his eyes...

Kizaru without his SoL movement, managing to react to Luffy's blows, which by default is already FTL even in base...

I'm not saying that there are no FTL characters in OP, but rather that the scale is clearly strange, in addition to several FTL characters that shouldn't be, there is still how FTL level they are scaled is clearly too high.
This is exactly my point. In this chapter alone, there are too many things that don’t make sense with the previous speed scaling.

Except it doesn't make sense.. light can't be faster than itself that's literally one of the light proprieties plus there is literally no indication that Kizaru was going at a speed beyond LS to begin with aside from a vague statement
We do know it actually does make sense within the context of one piece and how devil fruits work.

I dont think its about kizaru moving faster, its moreso a debate on how he actually acheives that. If he has to move through that tunnel to move faster than light then it becomes different.
the point is that he can move faster than his element's baseline. I never disagreed when damage said he only needs the tunnel for it. I'm disagreeing with people saying he's not faster despite that because "it makes no sense" even though it came out of his mouth

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back