• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1092: "The Tyrant Kuma's Rampage Through The Holy Land" (Fan Translation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, not surprising though as some people are eager to take down FTL for OP.

I wouldn't be surprised if people off site are using this to basically argue OP is sub light speed since they likely don't realize the possibility of this being an FTL attack and not a LS attack.
Disagreeing with certain parts of the scaling doesn’t automatically make people wrong. This chapter cleared a lot of things up for the speed scaling, so it makes sense that there’ll be a lot of discussion.

The only time Kizaru could be argued to have explicitly traveled FTL is when he used his accelerated kick, because that’s the one time his LS travel is drawn differently. The page before that has Snakeman missing a point blank attack and not perceiving Kizaru’s basic LS travel, which idk about you, but is extremely clear evidence that Luffy is NOT LS or FTL in that form, though I see almost no one addressing this and it seems very disingenuous. People say that Kizaru improved his DF’s speed, which sure could be true, however, the only time we can assume such a thing in this chapter is when he used his accelerated kick because it’s drawn differently only for that specific moment.

Gear 5 will probably end up being FTL because it’s his strongest mode.

If Kizaru can kick at SOL as shown multiple times before, I find it weird that he needs to travel far away from Luffy to charge at him with a light-speed attack. This would make Luffy react easier due to distance unless Kizaru actually speeds up beyond SOL and kicks him.
I think it's likely that Kizaru did attack him at FTL speeds here.

But I don't think that Luffy himself is FTL.

Though who knows, maybe Kizaru will confirm him as FTL now that he's fighting in Gear 5.

Gimme your best monkey flip, i missed it.
6tnfep.gif

If Kizaru can kick at SOL as shown multiple times before, I find it weird that he needs to travel far away from Luffy to charge at him with a light-speed attack. This would make Luffy react easier due to distance unless Kizaru actually speeds up beyond SOL and kicks him.
Yes, that's why Kizaru needed to accelerate his speed. Otherwise this scene of him taking distance to kick wouldn't make any sense.

I just don't think it's a light speed kick either since during mid travel he undergoes a huge burst of speed, which he's never done or shown for any of his LS attacks, he's always just started at LS off rip.

Well, at least we're finally getting to see Luffy with the chance to avenge his previous loss at Kizaru's hands. As for the "Is Luffy now slower than light cuz he couldn't react against Kizaru," I knew that this would be the first reaction many fans would have. I'll give my two cents on the issue.

The first moment when Kizaru moves fast enough that Luffy's caught off-guard, it doesn't seem as though he actually transformed. We only saw his palms emanating beams of light, but his body wasn't shown transforming. That could imply it was his natural combat speed that was too fast for Luffy to react to. With Kizaru's follow-up attack, it looked as though the blinding light kind of threw Luffy off-guard and threw off his senses.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that the FTL should stay as they are. There's too much supporting evidence of Luffy dodging light beams based on Kizaru's light powers and other characters performing similar feats. It's entirely possible that Kizaru found a way to hone his powers and move past the speed of light. The image of him about to attack Luffy and kick him towards the barrier looked as though it was some amplified attack. I imagine that in the upcoming chapters, when Luffy dodges some of Kizaru's attacks, he'll say something like, "Impossible! Nothing's faster than light!" or something along those lines to cement the FTL ratings.

Disregarding the speed feats, I'm sure this'll give the OP community here a lot to talk about for powerscaling and how the other admirals would scale to this.

Well, at least we're finally getting to see Luffy with the chance to avenge his previous loss at Kizaru's hands. As for the "Is Luffy now slower than light cuz he couldn't react against Kizaru," I knew that this would be the first reaction many fans would have. I'll give my two cents on the issue.

The first moment when Kizaru moves fast enough that Luffy's caught off-guard, it doesn't seem as though he actually transformed. We only saw his palms emanating beams of light, but his body wasn't shown transforming. That could imply it was his natural combat speed that was too fast for Luffy to react to. With Kizaru's follow-up attack, it looked as though the blinding light kind of threw Luffy off-guard and threw off his senses.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that the FTL should stay as they are. There's too much supporting evidence of Luffy dodging light beams based on Kizaru's light powers and other characters performing similar feats. It's entirely possible that Kizaru found a way to hone his powers and move past the speed of light. The image of him about to attack Luffy and kick him towards the barrier looked as though it was some amplified attack. I imagine that in the upcoming chapters, when Luffy dodges some of Kizaru's attacks, he'll say something like, "Impossible! Nothing's faster than light!" or something along those lines to cement the FTL ratings.

Disregarding the speed feats, I'm sure this'll give the OP community here a lot to talk about for powerscaling and how the other admirals would scale to this.
imo, my opinion would be that the pacifista light beams would be LS ( a robot cant hone fruit powers), meanwhile kizaru's attacks would be FTL, as he's trained the fruit for over 20 years atp, and has been shown to exceed his element's limit

imo, my opinion would be that the pacifista light beams would be LS ( a robot cant hone fruit powers), meanwhile kizaru's attacks would be FTL, as he's trained the fruit for over 20 years atp, and has been shown to exceed his element's limit
You realize that "exceeding his limit" could just be the FTL tunnel technique that he pulled in the latest chapter, and not every one of his beams now being FTL.

For all we know he could train with the fruit for twenty years and a lightspeed laser will still be... a lightspeed laser.

I dont want to talk more about this but ill just remind some people there and it happened in the same arc
Luffy was out speeding or was at the same speed as the laser that the police pacifista shoot at Bonny and let me remind u luffy was in his base form
Sanji casually saved Edison and outspeeding the laser that was shot by hawk-seraphim by his base from.
I feel like I missed some but this is only in this arc alone so yeah Kizaru + luffy are FTl

You realize that "exceeding his limit" could just be the FTL tunnel technique that he pulled in the latest chapter, and not every one of his beams now being FTL.
He already does something similar via his yata mirror move.
For all we know he could train with the fruit for twenty years and a lightspeed laser will still be... a lightspeed laser.
return to sabaody luffy called the pacifista lasers "too slow", no way they're the same speed.

personally i think downscaling any speed values outside of maybe bonney doesnt make any sense, u can see little light pellets in both of the snakeman kizaru panels

and the whole "luffy couldnt hit kizarus ls travel" argument sounds really dumb at least in my opinion. luffys just wondering y kizarus leaving the match, i mean we literally get a scene of kuma running away from akainu on foot, and akainu cant kill him, so are we gonna downscale akainu to base human speed?

A dozen ftl feats from regular mfs
Dude made of photons, has precognition, world's toughest defense, and 20+ years of combat experience post-becoming light doesn't get blitzed
Obvious argument "he's comparable to them in combat speed."
Caveman argument "Let's disregard every other feat because only he is light, never got faster in 20+ years of being in the battlefield, and... kicked the ftl character once after partially blinding him."

Lmao

Last edited:
This is literally how it feels rn with people who either don't partake in OP at all in the wiki or very rarely comment on it suddenly appearing in this thread.

When cool shit happens in the manga and lore is revealed: silence

When the speed scaling is even remotely possibly put into question: Let us introduce ourselves.

I don get why ya'll think FTl is over since whe see kizaru (In photon form) seemingly charging an attack os some kind that just knocked luffy into a barrier (which is the most dmaage he got in this arc) and it was twice too. FRAUDRU is REAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back