• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1068: A Genius's Dream (Official Translation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. The One Piece story definitely doesn't catch its breath for long. Things keep happening swiftly now.

Oda is zooming through this arc, like it might honestly end in 20 chapters. I just hope we still get the devil fruit explanation.

Oda meant it when he said this was the final saga!

Also Ant, I really like your pf pic! Has a Fire Emblem 9 type of feel to it.

Thank you. It is another Bolin (from The Legend of Korra) image designed by DALL-E 2 in a style similar to that of Artgerm, after which MonkeyOfLife replaced its background with a cloudy sky.

72fm32.gif

HIGH 6-A LUCCI, LFG!!!!

Also, didn't Atlas damage Luffy notably with one punch?

Base Lucci > Atlas = Base Luffy's durability = High 6-A (even if we assume his durability without Haoshoku is only as durable as post-Udon Base Luffy, that's still Yonko-lvl durability).

HIGH 6-A LUCCI, LFG!!!!

Also, didn't Atlas damage Luffy notably with one punch?

Base Lucci > Atlas = Base Luffy's durability = High 6-A (even if we assume his durability without Haoshoku is only as durable as post-Udon Base Luffy, that's still Yonko-lvl durability).
gag
also Lucci probably jumped her since y'know they're a gang who were told to do that to each Punk clone, if not and he one shotted her then I guess that's impressive

What caught my attention is Sentomaru being name dropped. I knew his position as Vegapunk's body guard was going to override his position as a marine officer. Good to see he's doing his job and didn't become a Government dog.
The "energy source" is almost definitely lunarian fire now. I thought it had to do with the Nika fruit (and it still might) but Vegapunk is coincidentally about to get eliminated right after discovering the replication of lunarians and their flame.

What caught my attention is Sentomaru being name dropped. I knew his position as Vegapunk's body guard was going to override his position as a marine officer. Good to see he's doing his job and didn't become a Government dog.
The "energy source" is almost definitely lunarian fire now. I thought it had to do with the Nika fruit (and it still might) but Vegapunk is coincidentally about to get eliminated right after discovering the replication of lunarians and their flame.
I actually talked about that with a friend on Discord, how he wasn't addressed in a long time despite being his guardian and a user of Ryuo.
This actually gives me hope for the character Kong, who basically runs the WG. Both him and Sentomaru appear in a few panels and have their name and role dropped and didn't appear for hundreds of chapters since. But now Sentomaru is back, it's time for him to shine finally.

Edit: And also, I always thought the energy source would be powered by Sabo. It makes sense as the Revs are related to Vegapunk.

This actually gives me hope for the character Kong, who basically runs the WG. Both him and Sentomaru appear in a few panels and have their name and role dropped and didn't appear for hundreds of chapters since. But now Sentomaru is back, it's time for him to shine finally.
If Sentomaru's looking after vegapunk despite government people wanting him dead, then he's probably a secret revolutionary now or sword is revolutionary related somehow. Or they're just government "good guys" that have similiar goals to the revs.

At least Lucci is being set up as a major threat.

I think his Base will be around Sanji level, and with his Hybrid form (especially with amps from Rokushiki) he'll be around Zoro level.

Not enough to beat Haoshoku Luffy but enough to at least draw some blood and make him try.

Who knows? Maybe he's awakened his DF and has an even stronger Awakened Hybrid form!

At least Lucci is being set up as a major threat.

I think his Base will be around Sanji level, and with his Hybrid form (especially with amps from Rokushiki) he'll be around Zoro level.

Not enough to beat Haoshoku Luffy but enough to at least draw some blood and make him try.

Who knows? Maybe he's awakened his DF and has an even stronger Awakened Hybrid form!
Someone made a great point that he would not be able to be trained, even if by an Admiral, and keep up his job as a secretive assassin and body guard at the same time. Admittedly they sort of sit around and don't really succeed with their missions but they still have a job regardless of how good they are at it.

Someone made a great point that he would not be able to be trained, even if by an Admiral, and keep up his job as a secretive assassin and body guard at the same time. Admittedly they sort of sit around and don't really succeed with their missions but they still have a job regardless of how good they are at it.
Speaking of Lucci and admirals, anyone else remember how in One Piece: Gold (which IMO is a tad underrated) where he basically stood up to Akainu and demanded 10 fleets?

Balls of Sea stone right there!

He's a butcher, but definitely not a coward!

He also matched Sabo, and gave zero ***** about the lives of the Celestial Dragons.

Speaking of Lucci and admirals, anyone else remember how in One Piece: Gold (which IMO is a tad underrated) where he basically stood up to Akainu and demanded 10 fleets?

Balls of Sea stone right there!

He's a butcher, but definitely not a coward!

He also matched Sabo, and gave zero ***** about the lives of the Celestial Dragons.
lol yeah, and Kuzan stood up to Akainu: resulting in a fight where Akainu ultimately had the choice to murder him in an extreme diff but didn't
Fujitora stood up to Akainu: got thrown out of the marine bases and got beaten by Sabo and his boys.
Standing up to Akainu isn't something you want to do if you're not at least equal to him like Sickbeard was.

So it seems like Atlas' face might get the Burgess treatment. If so then I really hope Lucci gets pulverized for hurting her face, she was one of the cutest Punks along with York.

Lucci getting humbled by a yonko crew sounds far more fitting to me. I doubt he'll be fodderized, but still-
I still think his base will be Sanji level and his Hybrid form will be somewhere between Sanji and Zoro level.

Power Creep is a bitch.

I mean, why else are Apoo's sound attacks stronger than Big Mom's attacks?

🗿🗿🗿
no way people downplay Big Mom like this
Wasn't my idea in the first place to scale Apoo's DF to Yonko level.

Narratively makes zero sense.

And Base Post-Udon Luffy also scales in durability to Kaido as well, since he took a Thunder Bagua to the head and took casual hits from Hybrid Kaido

Wasn't my idea in the first place to scale Apoo's DF to Yonko level.

Narratively makes zero sense.

And Base Post-Udon Luffy also scales in durability to Kaido as well, since he took a Thunder Bagua to the head and took casual hits from Hybrid Kaido
Oda likes to hype up characters so another character hitting them is more impressive or maybe less impressive, like with Ulti vs Luffy. Ulti reasonably shouldn't have been able to clash with him like that but Oda wanted to hype up Yamato one shotting her, so..

LOL I'm like the only one here hoping for High 6-A Lucci
You would've had more chances of getting High 6-A Lucci if he met up with Sanji first. But I'm not even sure if Lucci's on Sanji's level right now.

Then again, knowing how Oda likes for Luffy to struggle in the beginning before he gets serious and has stated that he hates when people say villains are weak, you MIGHT get your wish. We'll just have to wait until next week to see.

Then again, knowing how Oda likes for Luffy to struggle in the beginning before he gets serious and has stated that he hates when people say villains are weak, you MIGHT get your wish. We'll just have to wait until next week to see.
I'd even take Scabbard lvl Lucci

You would've had more chances of getting High 6-A Lucci if he met up with Sanji first. But I'm not even sure if Lucci's on Sanji's level right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back