• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Canonicity of 3D2Y there

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be fine for most people on here, but it's not enough for me. And if people are going to try and make a TV special the basis for all Post-Timeskip scaling in the verse then I think it would be highly disappointing.
I mean, for Fairy Tail we literally just based all of the scaling before the Alvarez Arc on an anime-only canon arc, so what's the issue here?

I mean, for Fairy Tail we literally just based all of the scaling before the Alvarez Arc on an anime-only canon arc, so what's the issue here?
What makes you think I'm happy with that?

This quite literally doesn't affect the scaling at all except giving Luffy a "stronger" key

Every time we have a canonicity argument, it ends up being more focused on scaling repercussions instead of canonicity.

"How bad is it gonna affect scaling? Is it gonna bring outlier calcs or anime timeframes that would make feats look too good?"

And then yall base how much you care about canonicity with that.

Deadass I've heard people in this thread say "Idk about it being canon if it's making people scale this high".

Like come the **** on, stop worrying about scaling in a canonicity thread
Except the OP is addressing this because of scaling that will come out of it
Power scaling wise we can post time skip Luffy 600x stronger than pre time skip and 100x faster

possibly 100xftl

lol
After watching the movie I will post the feats

Every time we have a canonicity argument, it ends up being more focused on scaling repercussions instead of canonicity.

"How bad is it gonna affect scaling? Is it gonna bring outlier calcs or anime timeframes that would make feats look too good?"

And then yall base how much you care about canonicity with that.
My opinions on its canonicity would be exactly the same even if it didn't present any changes at all to the profiles. I'm just stating my other issues too.

Except the OP is addressing this because of scaling that will come out of it

lol
Yeah. A little hard to separate potential scaling issues with it when the OP makes it clear they want it accepted so they can bring in a 100x multiplier to the verse.

I don't necessarily care about th3 scaling I one piece because it's just all too confusing to me to put in effort in trying - I just think that the reasoning for this movie being canon isn't enough imo which is why I disagree

And he's wrong because it doesn't upgrade anything.
As long as the powerscaling argument isn't used to discredit the opposing side then idrc. Because I found it interesting how ppl were jumping Damage for mentioning powerscaling but not the OP who quite literally has powerscaling in mind lol

I agreed while literally forgetting there's any scaling involved. Idgaf about who's stronger than who, just the fact that everyone's so concerned about that, that they deliberately ignore evidence.
My God, nobody is "so concerned" about the powerscaling but the OP are you kidding me?

As long as the powerscaling argument isn't used to discredit the opposing side then idrc. Because I found it interesting how ppl were jumping Damage for mentioning powerscaling but not the OP who quite literally has powerscaling in mind lol
Attacking someone who hopes to upgrade scaling via canonicity ≠ Attacking someone who's view on canonicity is affected by powerscaling

This is as if someone's primary argument for Film Red not being canon is that Oven and Franky matched a punch when they have no similar feats in the manga

In fact I never even mentioned powerscaling in my argument, not even once.
Damage only mentioned powerscaling in response to the OP clearly being focused on powerscaling

Attacking someone who hopes to upgrade scaling via canonicity ≠ Attacking someone who's view on canonicity is affected by powerscaling
Errr
This is as if someone's primary argument for Film Red not being canon is that Oven and Franky matched a punch when they have no similar feats in the manga
I have no horse in that race. Didn't watch it, nor do I really care about something unrelated to this specific topic at hand.

My God, nobody is "so concerned" about the powerscaling but the OP are you kidding me?
Because I found it interesting how ppl were jumping Damage for mentioning powerscaling but not the OP who quite literally has powerscaling in mind lol

How about you wait for it to get accepted first before we start throwing big numbers- People will disagree based on nothing but knowing it's intended for an upgrade

I told the OP to zip it about powerscaling in this topic specifically because it has no bearings whatsoever on whether the movie's canon or not.
When STRONG WORLD was being accepted as canon the counter-arguments only started after people brought up the merveille feats too.

I'm jumping everyone who mentions powerscaling in a canon evidence thread smh

handshake__meme_base__by_lyaidemon_def9das-pre.jpg

I told the OP to zip it about powerscaling in this topic specifically because it has no bearings whatsoever on whether the movie's canon or not.
When STRONG WORLD was being accepted as canon the counter-arguments only started after people brought up the merveille feats too.

I'm jumping everyone who mentions powerscaling in a canon evidence thread smh
Good, twas just referring to kt and monke lol

image0.png
Canonicity of 3D2Y

In a interview conducted with the assistant producer of the 3d2y movie, it was stated that the movie was an addition to luffy’s 2 year training period and followed the original story line .Its also stated that Oda was okay with this addition which further proves that it is indeed a canon movie.

Source
[http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/2014/08/13/interview-with-3d2y-assistant-producer-teramoto/]

IMG_4648.png

To further support this Oda was the one who drawn Brynndi World and that he was the one of the prisoners who escaped from Impel Down’s Level 6 .

IMG_5278.png

This movie have novel which is written oda and tatsuya
It says at the bottom that it is written by someone else. It just says 'Created by Eiichoro Oda', likely because he's the original creator of the series.

Even with all this proof you don’t want to accept it is canon than I don’t know what would. I and monkey Da goat showed you
•Oda approval to the story.
•it connects with manga and anime storyline
•we should that oda was involved in it (he created world character)
•I showed you that the novel is canon.

It wouldn't be a consistent multiplier, just a multiplier specific for the Luffy between pre and post-ts. Doesn't mean G2 is a x100 or anything. Similiar to the Douriki scaling/G2 not keeping the two-hand scaling after enies lobby
Then how does the 100x multiplier affect his scaling compared to his pre timeskip self?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back