• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Film Scott Pilgrim Page Overhaul (Intelligence, Abilities, LS, and Stamina) + Addition to the Film's Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonkitt

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
So recently, an AP thread of mine got accepted for the Film Universe of Scott Pilgrim. As for this thread, I primarily want to update Intelligence, Abilities, LS, and Stamina. More shockingly though, I would you to propose an overshadowed addition to the film's canon. Lets get into it

For the following page overhaul update, I included feats from Scott Pilgrim vs. The Animation (not to be confused with the anime series on Netflix). But why's that? Isn't the animation just covering that one part from the comics that was totally made up due to Gideon's powers, AKA, The Glow? Here's the thing:

1. The Glow is completely absent from the film's canon. Ramona is controlled by Gideon using a mind control chip instead.

2. The end of Scott Pilgrim vs. The Animation advertises the film as telling us what happens to all of the characters we just saw in the short, even stating its "NOT THE END!"

3. When the text boxes for Lisa and Scott come up, Lisa's notes that she's "not in the movie", further adding to the canonicity of this short to Universal's Continuity

So this wasn't just an advertisement for the film based on one of the comics. It acts as an actual prequel to the film. Here's the sandbox I made for Film Scott Pilgrim:

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I agree with the revised page! Although I do have a question (Which effects my revisions for the comic page). What do we consider Scott's ability to turn people into money?

I agree with the revised page! Although I do have a question (Which effects my revisions for the comic page). What do we consider Scott's ability to turn people into money?
In regards to the film continuity, it might just be a verse specific thing. I don't think its specifically a hax type ability since you do need to be strong enough to actually kill the person you're attacking. For example, after Scott killed depowered Todd, Envy stated "you just headbutted my boyfriend so hard he burst". If this was specifically a hax-based thing, then Scott probably would've exploited that the moment he could land a blow on Gideon

Food for thought, at the moment

In regards to the film continuity, it might just be a verse specific thing. I don't think its specifically a hax type ability since you do need to be strong enough to actually kill the person you're attacking. For example, after Scott killed depowered Todd, Envy stated "you just headbutted my boyfriend so hard he burst". If this was specifically a hax-based thing, then Scott probably would've exploited that the moment he could land a blow on Gideon
That certainly is a unique perspective. I will say there are instances where the ability is done without engaging in combat, but the point of it being within the Scott Pilgrim universe is a reasonable take.

Also, I think you forgot to add the extra life.
I didn't add the extra life given it was a one use sort of deal and its somewhat hard to decide how to implement it on the page. Unlike the comic, Universal's Continuity treats the extra life more like a sidescroller where you restart the "level" (in Scott's case, a specific point before fighting Gideon), rather than just continuing right where he left off. In a battle thats not at all connected to the League games, its difficult to determine an objective point where he would reset to

Hmm, is that essentially proposing that the league has its own rules that allow for certain abilities to work?
I'm more so suggesting that the League games may be the only thing determining where Scott's extra life reset him to, given Gideon was the last evil ex, but note that I only hold that opinion over the extra life given its pretty much an oddity in the verse. I don't think the League rules determine anything else abilities wise

Primarily though, the fact that this was a single use item is why I didn't include it on the page

I've made the additions. Thanks to everyone who stopped by to help

Closing this now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back