• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

On the topic of Raikage and Mifune's speed (Naruto)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well from the OP, Mifune being Light Speed is legit, I ain’t reading 4 pages of debate over Naruto here tho, so someone will have to tell me what the issues are 👀
We had @Qliphoth_Bacikal translate the statement for us, and he said this:
"It's just saying that the attack matches up with Mifune's swordsmanship and his personal sword.

I don't think it has anything to do with the lightspeed sword swing. At least not how I look at it again."

He said that the statement is in reference to the technique itself, and is essentially using Mifune as a reference point to compare to. It's also not referring to the physical sword swing, but the chakra slashes/beam/projectile.

Here's Qliphoth's full translation for context. Here's his explanation of the context. Also, here's the calc for Sasuke reacting to the slash, which is pretty much the only the only feat we have of someone reacting to it.
This calc is not an outlier because the only people who would scale to it are top tiers, who either already scale to Rel or should scale.

We had @Qliphoth_Bacikal translate the statement for us, and he said this:
"It's just saying that the attack matches up with Mifune's swordsmanship and his personal sword.

I don't think it has anything to do with the lightspeed sword swing. At least not how I look at it again."

He said that the statement is in reference to the technique itself, and is essentially using Mifune as a reference point to compare to. It's also not referring to the physical sword swing, but the chakra slashes/beam/projectile.

Here's Qliphoth's full translation for context. Here's his explanation of the context. Also, here's the calc for Sasuke reacting to the slash, which is pretty much the only the only feat we have of someone reacting to it.
This calc is not an outlier because the only people who would scale to it are top tiers, who either already scale to Rel or should scale.
I agree with this.

I mean I personally argued for using this statement years back and my viewpoint hasn’t changed since. I think it can be used but despite my viewpoint not changing on this, I will say that I’m not as keen on using it as I was in the past. If it turns out that this gets accepted but it causes issues down the line, get rid of it without hesitation.

That being said, do double check to make sure it doesn’t cause inconsistencies (if this goes through) and be careful when making these kinds of threads. The databook translations online tend to have issues at times to say the least.

Do people even know what an outlier is anymore?

You have ******* Mifune and FODDER SAMURAI not even close to other high tiers have SoL attack off a databook statement? Like honestly how tf is it not an outlier? What mental gymnastics do you have to do in your head to have this make sense?

Like Arc said multiple times
Also, as someone and myself keep mentioning but get ignored. Only the sword stroke is stated LS
So now we are saying Mifune and Fodder Samurai are higher than multiple high tiers in terms of attack speed. That’s honestly just bs and y’all know it.

Trying to say that fodder samurai have a technique that is = in speed to JUBI MADERA IS AN OUTLIER.

Read the this page and tell me it’s not perfectly describing this databook statement Here

It's just the attack, they don't scale to it. Juubidara never sad his attack was super fast for him or anything, for all we know he could've just used it cause it was strong, being able to cut through Truth-Seeking Orbs and all.

Madara using an LS attack doesn't imply that other characters can't have one either. See an example in One Piece, Kizaru who is one of the admirals that in theory is equivalent to the Yonkous has LS attack and several other characters far below him also have. It's just an attack, Madara still scale to Naruto himself who has 2x faster than "Light Fang". These outlier "justifications" sincerely border on the ridiculous...

And the Madara's attack is quite strong and is extolled in the Databook for its cutting power, in addition to having cut Naruto's Gudoudama easily, this may have been exactly the reason for his choice to use this technique and not due to speed, since he himself is 2x above. If we take that into account, why don't we downgrade all Raitons or techniques with lightning speed? Because the Madara's "Inton: Raiha" technique is just natural lightnings created from nothing with the Yin element, so if he, a God Tier used a natural rays, no one below him can have techniques at that level, following this logic...

Last edited:
Okay, so I just noticed something kinda important that I completely missed before. Looking back at @Qliphoth_Bacikal's translation, it seems that the statement is referring to the slash/swing performed by the "Meito Kurosawa", which is Mifune's personal blade. With that in mind, I guess it really is referring exclusively to Mifune lol.
Sooooooooooo, yeah, RIP.

After the translation, Cyber asked him if the quote was just about Mifune, and he told us the context. Are two separate things.

It's technically two sentences.

Honestly, I'm not so sure myself anymore. If you could ping @Qliphoth_Bacikal here to settle this once and for all, it'd be greatly appreciated. It'd save us a lot of time and trouble, too.
I agree. My interpretation on reading this is that a comparison is made with Mifune only, first we have a phrase that talks about the technique itself, and then another phrase that seems to me to mean that this technique combines with the swordsman technique and the sword of the Mifune, for me it's a expression like: "This dress combine with her personality", when I read it, it's that kind of comparison that comes to my mind, but nothing that implies that only he is LS.

And if Qliphoth still has the same opnion as before and confirms it again here, the only way out for some here on the topic is to resort to the Outlier again, but as I said, Madara using an LS technique doesn't prevent someone weaker from also having. Even natural lightnings were used by Madara, so this "justification" doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back