• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

On the topic of Raikage and Mifune's speed (Naruto)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I was asking because if “kousoku” can be used for lightning depending on the context, what’s to prove that it’s not lightning for Mifune? It uses the same kanji and structure as the Itachi statement “光速の[insert noun here]”.

Is there any indicator for us to tell whether or not “光速” is referring to lightning or light speed? If there were VIZ scans I’d say use them but we don’t have those lol.

Being that Itachi’s case demonstrates the same structure as Mifune’s and uses the lightning speed translation as opposed to light, why are we going with “light speed slash”?
It doesn't mean "literal" lightning.

It means that the word can be used in a hyperbolic manner, as in "lightning-fast", or "finishing work at light-speed"

Heavily disagree the data books always contradict the manga when it comes to speed. Like some people have pointed out even tusande gets heavily damaged by LS movement and she can withstand the force of her own punch. 99% of naruto characters aren't tanking a punch from tusande who is know for her strength. Even the riakage was slightly damaged.

Zetus says lighting is unavoidable. Even itachi could barley react. Hebi sasuke lost this itachi which would mean he's around lighting speed. And before plp say itachi was sick. He still had enough power fight of ochimaru and his strongest summoning. Sasuke after just getting MS fights killer bee and reacts to his lariat in base sharingan. Which i believe proves lariat is not that fast if base sharingan sasuke reacted to it

Heavily disagree the data books always contradict the manga when it comes to speed. Like some people have pointed out even tusande gets heavily damaged by LS movement and she can withstand the force of her own punch. 99% of naruto characters aren't tanking a punch from tusande who is know for her strength. Even the riakage was slightly damaged.

Zetus says lighting is unavoidable. Even itachi could barley react. Hebi sasuke lost this itachi which would mean he's around lighting speed. And before plp say itachi was sick. He still had enough power fight of ochimaru and his strongest summoning. Sasuke after just getting MS fights killer bee and reacts to his lariat in base sharingan. Which i believe proves lariat is not that fast if base sharingan sasuke reacted to it
Huh? Truth Seeking Orbs can be destroyed by a lightspeed attack, doesn't mean shit dude.

It can be outlier for the others when they have never showed anything near Mifune's Issen.

Tsunade is only a contradiction if physical movement is involved and the character scales below her.
More so that data book just has different speed scaling then manga. The databook says minato and guy is lighting speed while other characters who are slower are LS.

While the manga has shown consistent speed scaling

Last edited:
More so that data book just has different speed scaling then manga. The databook says minato and guy is lighting speed while other characters who are slower are LS.

While the manga has shown consistent speed scaling
Send scans.

Well agree for the LS issen, neutral on raikage but if the "almost as fast as light" is not a hyperbole then rel to rel+ for him I guess.
The itachi is a hype statement so irrelevant.

And issen is a technique used by the samurai not just mifune, well I doubt the speed varies based on user, but the scan is from technique databook page not user page

Ignoring a direct SoL declaration doesn't seem right, no matter if there are any inconsistencies, the attack remains declared SoL. Scenes of attacks arriving at the same time as Issen should not be taken into account, this happens a lot, like Darui arriving at Sasuke at the same time as the Raikage with armor, ninja alliance running basically at the same speed as Naruto KM2... Simple, the Issen is SoL, we just need to decide if it's scalable to Samurai or just Mifune, that's the discussion here, the scaling is for later. In the worst case we can declare the attack as SoL, but without scaling to anyone but users, I remember that a while ago there was a thread that approved Foxy's attacks from One Piece as SoL but without scaling to no one due to inconsistencies.

I agree with the Issen SoL, the translation of the scan in my language implies that the context is for everyone, and not just for Mifune.

Sorry to interrupt, I know it's out of topic but I have something to ask, is FTL 2.11 Naruto including combat speed and travel speed?

So we are giving SoL attacks to fodder? It’s not like Madera Who heavily scales above them uses SoL attacks legitimately?

Like are we really saying that fodder samurai have attacks that are on par ( in terms of speed) as Madera?

Quick question, does Mifune’s quote not say that the sword stroke is LS, why does that make the chakra beam slashes LS? Would it not just be the swing of his blade that is LS? I only skimmed this thread so I may have missed a clarification here.

Edit: How I interpreted Mifune’s quote was as follows: because he swings the blade at LS it can fire a chakra-air pressure like slash. The actual wave would slow down traveling through air, similar to how when you throw a ball the release speed of your arm is faster than the ball after it’s travelled a little bit. Just food for thought I guess.
Huh, kinda like how Kuma's air pads create shockwaves at LS but the shockwaves aren't LS?

Are we saying that Haku have attacks on par with Madara in terms of speed? Oh? We are?
We don't. The Speed of Light is only accepted for Haku travelling between mirrors.

Why wouldn't it be for all samurai?
Because the statement appears to be specifically for Mifune.

Nothing in the rest of the series imply that Samurai are Speed of Light speed fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back