• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

On the topic of Raikage and Mifune's speed (Naruto)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is it stated to be only for mifune?
Going by this translation for Qlipoth:

The light-speed sword becomes a soaring slash to strike down the enemy! A strike that combines the Meito Kurosawa with Mifune's swordsmanship!!

I think we'd need more evidence to suggest that every single fodder samurai is a lightspeed fighter when the best calcs we have more most fighters on or near their level is Massively Hypersonic+. At the moment it also seems like it would be a substantial outlier that would make most characters to be lightspeed or FTL.

Going by this translation for Qlipoth:

I think we'd need more evidence to suggest that every single fodder samurai is a lightspeed fighter when the best calcs we have more most fighters on or near their level is Massively Hypersonic+. At the moment it also seems like it would be a substantial outlier that would make most characters to be lightspeed or FTL.
How is them being MHS+ relevant to their move being stated to be LS?

EDIT: Also Qlipoth said here that the LS statement and Mifune are two separate things.

Last edited:
From the few translations I saw, and by Qlipoth's translation, it seems like it does apply to all random Samurai, as Mifune's swordsmanship is only stated as a comparative. Nonetheless, it's a massive outlier.

On Qliphoth Translation its said that a combines from Mifune's Swordmanship and His Meito, Its Only for Mifune.

Reacting to a lightspeed attack, especially from a fair distance away, does not automatically grant you Speed of Light reactions; it was 0.134c, which is barely Relativistic. The only people this would affect are the really top-tiers and the god-tiers, but most of them are already Relativistic-FTL.

ay with the lightning armor was stated to have speed on par with minato's, so he should have relativistic anyway.

It does, Raikage would simply being FTL for Faster than Sasuke eyes who's could percive some light speed Issen. Kcm 1 would be FTL Too, and etc.
How much faster was the Raikage? Can you prove he was fast enough to be ftl? You aren't just gonna be FTL for simply being faster then a rela character. This would only upgrade characters from Pain's Assault on beyond, a lot of which are sub rela at least, so its not THAT big of a gap.

To all the people calling this an outlier, I ask, how is it an outlier exactly? This won't make anyone FTL, and it doesn't even scale to the Samurai themselves. Issen isn't the physical sword swing, but the chakra slash/beam itself. This means that the Samurai aren't physically moving at LS, but are unleashing a LS attack. In other words, it only applies to their Attack Speed.

Like Null said, if this goes through, it'd only scale to high, top, and god tiers. If memory serves, only Sasuke reacted to one of these slashes, and Sasuke is no fodder. Him having Sub-Rel to Rel reactions is no outlier, especially given his war arc feats later on (I know he has the EMS then, but it's not like it offers a guaranteed massive buff to reactions that we know of). He also barely reacted to the Raikage, a top tier in speed, and Killer Bee, another high/top tier. So yeah, I don't see any outliers there.

Also, this whole "The Raikage will be FTL for going FTE to Sasuke" is incorrect. He won't be FTL, that's not how this works. It'd be a blatant case of calc stacking.

Finally, the whole "Madara's attack would be useless" thing. No......? I mean seriously, what kind of argument is that? Just because a strong character uses a LS move, doesn't mean weaker characters can't either. Unless y'all wanna go back to the good old days when Kizaru was the ONLY possible LS user in One Piece, nobody was allowed to scale above him, and all LS feats were considered outliers.
Like, y'all would have a great point IF this resulted in the Samurai having LS movement, or some other characters having FTL speeds, but that is decidedly not the case.
It was never said that the Light Fang is the fastest attack in existence, or that nobody can have attacks that move at LS. That is simply untrue.

To all the people calling this an outlier, I ask, how is it an outlier exactly? This won't make anyone FTL, and it doesn't even scale to the Samurai themselves. Issen isn't the physical sword swing, but the chakra slash/beam itself. This means that the Samurai aren't physically moving at LS, but are unleashing a LS attack. In other words, it only applies to their Attack Speed.

Like Null said, if this goes through, it'd only scale to high, top, and god tiers. If memory serves, only Sasuke reacted to one of these slashes, and Sasuke is no fodder. Him having Sub-Rel to Rel reactions is no outlier, especially given his war arc feats later on (I know he has the EMS then, but it's not like it offers a guaranteed massive buff to reactions that we know of). He also barely reacted to the Raikage, a top tier in speed, and Killer Bee, another high/top tier. So yeah, I don't see any outliers there.

Also, this whole "The Raikage will be FTL for going FTE to Sasuke" is incorrect. He won't be FTL, that's not how this works. It'd be a blatant case of calc stacking.

Finally, the whole "Madara's attack would be useless" thing. No......? I mean seriously, what kind of argument is that? Just because a strong character uses a LS move, doesn't mean weaker characters can't either. Unless y'all wanna go back to the good old days when Kizaru was the ONLY possible LS user in One Piece, nobody was allowed to scale above him, and all LS feats were considered outliers.
Like, y'all would have a great point IF this resulted in the Samurai having LS movement, or some other characters having FTL speeds, but that is decidedly not the case.
It was never said that the Light Fang is the fastest attack in existence, or that nobody can have attacks that move at LS. That is simply untrue.
Put it perfectly.

As I said further up, I need more personally to be convinced that this is supposed to be a statement for every single samurai's attack speed. The translation I've seen for the statement doesn't support it.

I agree with your answer

Well from the OP, Mifune being Light Speed is legit, I ain’t reading 4 pages of debate over Naruto here tho, so someone will have to tell me what the issues are 👀

I feel like “combining Meito Kurosawa and Mifune’s swordsmanship” following the “LS sword stroke” make it pretty obvious they’re referring to Mifune. As they directly state that it is a combination of the technique and Mifune’s talent.

Also, as someone and myself keep mentioning but get ignored. Only the sword stroke is stated LS not the air-chakra slashes. The LS sword stroke produces these airborne slashes, but the air-chakra slashes don’t have a stated speed. A good analogy brought up was Kuma’s air pad paw cannon things.

Not to mention that apparently the kanji “kousoku/光速” can also mean lightning speed and not just light speed, so there’s that too. Albeit it appears we are accepting the LS translation.

How much faster was the Raikage? Can you prove he was fast enough to be ftl? You aren't just gonna be FTL for simply being faster then a rela character. This would only upgrade characters from Pain's Assault on beyond, a lot of which are sub rela at least, so its not THAT big of a gap.
Issen Move at Speed Of Light and Sasuke Could Easly perciving and reacted to those attack, but not With Raikage Movement like this, that Implying Raikage Move Faster Than what Issen Did.

Issen Move at Speed Of Light and Sasuke Could Easly perciving and reacted to those attack, but not With Raikage Movement like this, that Implying Raikage Move Faster Than what Issen Did.
Ok, reacting to a lightspeed attack doesn't make you lightspeed, nullflower calced it at rela, and on the very low end. All that is shows is that the Raikage is faster then Sasuke, which we know, but it doesn't mean he went over 7 times faster then him. Even if he was, that is just rela+, not to mention how A implies Minato is faster then he is.

You. Do. Not. Need. LS. Reactions. To. React. To. LS. Attacks.

Distance is a huge factor, so Sasuke reacting to the attack will be Sub-Rel to Rel at most.

We explained you do not need ftl or ls reactions to react to a ls attack, you even said you knew this, yet your argument is based around the misconception that this would make sasuke ls.
im not Talking About Reaction Im talking About His Perception who could Perciving Light Speed But Not For Raikage.

but A....
B, C, D, E, F, G.....
Look man, lemme give you an example. You can perceive a plane flying from hundreds of meters or kilometers away, as if it were moving relatively slowly, right? Does that mean you're faster than the plane? No, but distance makes a massive difference.

Here, Sasuke wasn't that close to the Samurai, and thus his reactions don't need to be as fast as the attack in order to perceive it. I probably didn't use the best analogy out there, but I hope that helps clear it up for you a bit.

It. Does. Not. Make. Him. Lightspeed.
ok imma give you an Example.
if You Could See a regular Car with speed 100 Km/h Coming At you not Mean You As Fast As a regular Car Does, but You can Perciving The Car Comming At you with That Speed, Then a Super Car coming to you At Speed That You couldn't Percive Its mean that Super Car Are Faseter Than a Regular Car wich You can Percived before.

I think I've already mentioned it, but I'll say it again. I agree with Issen for all samurai. The page talks about the technique in general and not just Mifune, it's the technique page and it's explaining how it works. And Qlipoth said that the LS statement and Mifune are two separate things, so yes, it applies to samurai in general. The translator himself told us the context, what's the point of asking for translations if we're just going to ignore what the translator says?

"The light-speed sword becomes a soaring slash to strike down the enemy!", for me this fits perfectly in the Issen and not the movement of Mifune's arm as the Arc says, and if that's what he says, Sasuke blocks a direct attack of Mifune so...

im not Talking About Reaction Im talking About His Perception who could Perciving Light Speed But Not For Raikage.
Orochimaru had perception and reaction to a photon beam, Mitsuki "surpassed" his perception, is Mitsuki FTL for real at last?? 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back