• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Translation Requests Thread (New forum)

光速の一刀は飛ぶ斬撃となって、敵を襲う! 名刀黒澤とミフネの剣技が合致した一撃!!

The light-speed sword becomes a soaring slash to strike down the enemy! A strike that combines the Meito Kurosawa with Mifune's swordsmanship!!

光速 here literally means speed of light (I call it lightspeed but does it really make a difference?). This part has the actual kanji while the Lariat technique of Bee and A's just says they charge with speeds like light/light-like speeds.

So the Raikage/Bee one was a simile, and this one is literal. Glad to know one of them is literal.

Is there a concept of hyperbole in the Japanese language? If so (which I presume to exist), would your translation of the sword stuff fit in with that?

Wouldn't be the first time if something can just be taken as a hyperbole.

Something like speed of light can be written on there, but would it really be going at such speeds or is that just something like another way of saying someone's going really fast?

That, and I take this would cause yet another problem of scaling if this is actually light speed and someone has reacted/dodged this?

Wouldn't be the first time if something can just be taken as a hyperbole.

Something like speed of light can be written on there, but would it really be going at such speeds or is that just something like another way of saying someone's going really fast?

That, and I take this would cause yet another problem of scaling if this is actually light speed and someone has reacted/dodged this?
Sasuke deals with it easily, then later goes on to fight the Raikage, and dodge his Lariat.

Well, that's what I'm asking. For example, it wouldn't be considered "hyperbole" in portuguese, my native langauge, since you are assigning a characteristic to the subject of the sentence, wich is the attack. I have 0 knowledge about japanese, it's a different alphabet with different concepts. I wouldn't consider it an hyperbole, it's literally called speed of light. Just my opinion.
Sasuke reacted. Need to calc the feat first before saying it'd be an issue.

Ah, I think I understand the concern better.

Eh, I don't really know. There can be hyperbole in Japanese if it's something really outrageous. This one seems pretty straightforward in what it's describing the sword slash attack.

I never really focus on if Japanese statements are being literal or exaggerating something unless it's made really obvious on what they saying.

Eh, I don't really know. There can be hyperbole in Japanese if it's something really outrageous. This one seems pretty straightforward in what it's describing the sword slash attack.

I never really focus on if Japanese statements are being literal or exaggerating something unless it's made really obvious on what they saying.
I think he means the Lariat "like lightspeed"

I think he means the Lariat "like lightspeed"
No mrk, it's this one, about Mifune.

Perfect. Thank you.

Screen_Shot_2021-05-20_at_1.18.42_PM.png

(Here) Can the bold statement in the bottom middle and the statements in the top half of the panel be translated please?
This might've been lost in the Naruto convo

So I take the lightspeed sword slash will be a thing or nah? It's called as light speed, but IDK if you guys will take it like Haku's who has more to it than just being stated to move at lightspeed.

More out of curiosity cuz I think for something like hyperbole's, similes and metaphors, stuff like A and Bee's Lariat charge seems to fit that one.

We have to calc the feats first, but some people told me that that part is only for the character in question (Mifune) and not the ability itself.

Well I mean, since you are confirming that the thing isn't hyperbole, then we can disregard their main argument against this. The only arguemnt is the outlier, that's why me and some users are trying to calc a lot of different feats to support the "sword" feat. Anyway, I'm derailing now, if you want, we can discuss that on my wall.

Back