• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

On Sera EX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never knew about Sera honestly but beating 8 man while armed is literally lies to me.

I do learn martial arts but beating 8 people while they are armed would big NO for me and literally fairy tale story.
Beating up 8 people at once? My g just log off at that point lmfao. Not even the most professional of boxers can do that..if there's literal 8 humans on you.

For a site that commonly gauges fictions, the limits of physics, the laws of human capacity, you would believe that with so many calculations on bullet-timing, aim dodging, peak human speed, peak human reactions, etc... that would obviously be fantasy.

As AKM said earlier, we will have to discuss the issue with the HR group after things calm down and we have some free time, and also talk with Imade about it in private, I think.
Not sure my dude.

Every time I try to voice my worries and fears, they were shut down to be meangless and unreasonable, yet the majority of those skeptical ideas came out as true.

Don't bet I will be keep listening to anyone of you the same way.

EDIT: That was aimed to another message, sorry I'm not keeping up well enough...

Not sure my dude.

Every time I try to voice my worries and fears, they were shut down to be meangless and unreasonable, yet the majority of those skeptical ideas came out as true.

Don't bet I will be keep listening to anyone of you the same way.
You should obviously preferably find real people that you know IRL, and have good reasons to trust, before truly opening up to them, but that doesn't mean that you should expect everybody in this mostly nice community to be a treacherous, manipulative, and malicious asshole either.

You should obviously preferably find real people that you know IRL and have good reasons to trust before opening up to them, but that doesn't mean that you should expect everybody in this mostly nice community to be a treacherous manipulative asshole either.
Right. We should be aware on the people that we trust, someday they will betray you anyway.

I might be not helping so I should unwatch.

I have always felt something off about her, i was very much neutral to her promotion, but this is totally above what i thought possible.

I don't know what goes through someone's mind to deceive an entire community and manipulate people for years.

The whole issue with Sera, has nearly split this entire community apart, and the reaction to it was excessive, some people were banned unjustly.

So yea, as someone who actually has a say in these things contrasted to before, i and the other members of the HR group will be looking at those bans closely to see which can be lifted.

So I read the news, and I am in disbelief. There was a time when I thought she was a friend, which was some time ago but still. There were times when I had doubts, but I wanted to hope with everything that she was genuine. It probably only worked because I wanted believe. I’m just feeling extremely disgusted right now.

The situation really should be put into more open "public" discussion where possible. Given the gravity of it, and just how many people/accounts were affected.

Never spoke with Sera before but I am now glad I never did.

While I might disagree with everything in the wikia 100% its still a nice community a lot of people input a lot of their time and effort in. Hope all the mods and other users who were dragged into this don't lose the trust in everyone else in the community because of this even though its understandable. Be well, stay strong and don't let this tear the community apart.

The situation really should be put into more open "public" discussion where possible. Given the gravity of it, and just how many people/accounts were affected.
What do you mean?
While I might disagree with everything in the wikia 100% its still a nice community a lot of people input a lot of their time and effoet in. Hope all the mods and other users who were dragged into this don't lose the trust in everyone else in the community because of this even though its understandable. Be well, stay strong and don't let this tear the community apart.
Thank you. Agreed.

What do you mean?
I'm saying that this affects not only those accounts but peoples ability to have faith that the site can deal with situations like this going forward. I just feel it would be beneficial to be more open in discussing events related to this in the open where possible. A good faith gesture I guess.

But we had to research enough evidence before we published this information, and this is a public discussion.

Also, much of the reason why we mismanaged this earlier is that the people who were right about Sera were simultaneously running a harrassment campaign against me and other staff members and we had been fed information by Kepekley23 in conjunction.

Last edited:
Well I’m deeply sorry to everyone who was hurt by this news. I didn’t interact much with Sera but I genuinely felt bad when I heard that story she said but learning it was all fabricated is something I just can’t believe happened knowing the horrible things she’s done here is really awful.
I hope everyone manages to stick together and pull through this this can be devastating to anyone close with her but I hope everyone will be alright.

So I read the news, and I am in disbelief. There was a time when I thought she was a friend, which was some time ago but still. There were times when I had doubts, but I wanted to hope with everything that she was genuine. It probably only worked because I wanted believe. I’m just feeling extremely disgusted right now.
Be weary, while people on the internet can be very fun associates, they are NOT your friends. That only goes for people you’re close with for years on end

I know I’ll get some flak for this, but it’s true

Well, I guess I'll take back that "sayonara" from the Good Bye thread, tho at the same time I had almost 0 interactions with Sera, so I'm not really affected by this. But, as someone who went through a somewhat similar thing in the past, I do kinda know how the ones who considered Sera their friend feel right now.

When I was a new user the first person I ever met was Sera, who instructed me on the site's standards after a bad profile I made. I became attached to her quickly and thought highly of her. Years down the road when I became staff and she returned to staff I still admired her and was happy to learn that she thought of me as a friend

I really don't know how to process what happened, I probably should have known since the e-mail merging incident during the forum move, but I was blinded by trust. Now that the whole truth has come out I don't know how to feel, do I just forget about her and act like nothing ever happened, I don't know. I'm just sorry for everyone who were manipulated by her and greatly disappointed to see how much someone can take advantage of people's trust online and lie to them like this. It really worsens a person's ability to put faith in others, which sucks for people like me who has lost contact with a lot of his irl friends and mostly finds company online

I have met great people online and came to personally know them, but that was only because most of them were from my home country. Even then I think I just got really lucky to be involved in that kind of community where everyone just wanted to get to know each other.

It simply isn't safe to share any personal information in a community of this size and variety, IMO unless the two parties are certain with their sincerity and sure of their security which is still quite difficult. It's why revealing any shred of personal information beyond some old stories and what I put in my profile is something I had no intention of ever doing.

Be safe out there, people.

Well...this certainly is something to wake up to. I’m just absolutely speechless about all of this. I wasn’t particularly close with Sera but now I feel just completely manipulated like an idiot.

So, I was mentally and emotionally abused by a ghost, then. Great.

No, this is not a point of exaggeration or hyperbole. Back just before Sera made her farewell thread, she was going off the wall on VSC about feelings of depression and other adjacent topics. And I had the nerve, the gall, to simply ask, "Hey, are you okay?"

I won't go into the exact specifics of what happened afterwards, but suffice to say, that one seemingly harmless question gave her the opportunity to absolutely unload on me, calling me out for not minding my own business and, as she herself stated, "playing psychiatrist with her," as she stated so many other people would do with her before I did. We traded words, the situation growing more and more heated, and it soon got to the point where I was getting tragically depressed, what with having my own kindness being used as a tool to figuratively bite my head off. In fact, it was after this whole situation that she felt the urge to write that farewell post, and the worst part of it was that I ended up blaming myself for the whole thing. If I had just kept my mouth shut, I thought, she wouldn't have felt the urge to do this.

Now, I just feel sick and heartbroken. This whole...thing has left me feeling like I was played like a fiddle. She won my sympathy, and at the cost of me never again wanting to go out of my way to help anyone ever again, in fear of being attacked like I did with her. I am shocked and hurt by this, and I don't care if she made hyperbolic claims about her "social circle," if they even existed. I'm not even too phased about the fact that she lied about where she came from and what she looked like. The thing that breaks me is the fact that I was starting to trust her and let her in a bit, to the point where I felt comfortable enough to start talking about literally deathly serious topics at home, and she even later apologized for the trauma she caused me.

I certainly do not have as high of stakes as some others on here, particularly the people that may have been falsely accused for doxxing Sera. But as someone with an incredibly low sense of self-esteem of myself as it was, having someone controlling you and playing mind games with you, preying on your weaknesses to gain sympathy while simultaneously screwing with you just kills you.

I'm sad. I'm angry. I'm just...empty right now. As one final token of good faith, however, I hope Sera and her group, if they even existed in the first place, will stay healthy and try to live their best lives in the future. I wish them the best, likely unlike the majority of people coming here today, and I hope they will learn from this and change themselves for the better.

Last edited:
Hey now that people finally recognize this, I may actually come back to the wiki. Sorta ridiculous it took this long to realize how easily someone could manipulate the entirety of the upper staff echelons on word alone, but this is progress I am happy to see.

Especially since Bambu gets some vindication. He deserves it

When I was a new user the first person I ever met was Sera, who instructed me on the site's standards after a bad profile I made. I became attached to her quickly and thought highly of her. Years down the road when I became staff and she returned to staff I still admired her and was happy to learn that she thought of me as a friend

I really don't know how to process what happened, I probably should have known since the e-mail merging incident during the forum move, but I was blinded by trust. Now that the whole truth has come out I don't know how to feel, do I just forget about her and act like nothing ever happened, I don't know. I'm just sorry for everyone who were manipulated by her and greatly disappointed to see how much someone can take advantage of people's trust online and lie to them like this. It really worsens a person's ability to put faith in others, which sucks for people like me who has lost contact with a lot of his irl friends and mostly finds company online
I am very sorry to hear that Andy. For what little it is worth, many genuinely decent members of this community still appreciate you and all the help you have given to this site.

So, I was mentally and emotionally abused by a ghost, then. Great.

No, this is not a point of exaggeration or hyperbole. Back just before Sera made her farewell thread, she was going off the wall on VSC about feelings of depression and other adjacent topics. And I had the nerve, the gall, to simply ask, "Hey, are you okay?"

I won't go into the exact specifics of what happened afterwards, but suffice to say, that one seemingly harmless question gave her the opportunity to absolutely unload on me, calling me out for not minding my own business and, as she herself stated, "playing psychiatrist with her," as she stated so many other people would do with her before I did. We traded words, the situation growing more and more heated, and it soon got to the point where I was getting tragically depressed, what with having my own kindness being used as a tool to figuratively bite my head off. In fact, it was after this whole situation that she felt the urge to write that farewell post, and the worst part of it was that I ended up blaming myself for the whole thing. If I had just kept my mouth shut, I thought, she wouldn't have felt the urge to do this.

Now, I just feel sick and heartbroken. This whole...thing has left me feeling like I was played like a fiddle. She won my sympathy, and at the cost of me never again wanting to go out of my way to help anyone ever again, in fear of being attacked like I did with her. I am shocked and hurt by this, and I don't care if she made hyperbolic claims about her "social circle," if they even existed. I'm not even too phased about the fact that she lied about where she came from and what she looked like. The thing that breaks me is the fact that I was starting to trust her and let her in a bit, to the point where I felt comfortable enough to start talking about literally deathly serious topics at home, and she even later apologized for the trauma she caused me.

I certainly do not have as high of stakes as some others on here, particularly the people that may have been falsely accused for doxxing Sera. But as someone with an incredibly low sense of self-esteem of myself as it was, having someone controlling you and playing mind games with you, praying on your weaknesses to gain sympathy while simultaneously screwing with you just kills you.

I'm sad. I'm angry. I'm just...empty right now. As one final token of good faith, however, I hope Sera and her group, if they even existed in the first place, will stay healthy and try to live their best lives in the future. I wish them the best, likely unlike the majority of people coming here today, and I hope they will learn from this and change themselves for the better.
I am very sorry to hear this Starter Pack. You are one of our most helpful and reliable staff members, so I really hope that you will manage to recover.

As I always recommend in these situations, because it works for me, please listen to relaxing music, watch upbeat cartoons or movies, go on nature walks, exercise regularly, and hug therapy pets. Meditation while listening to low volume Karunesh music is also useful.

If you do all of this in combination, it should help you out.

I am very sorry to hear this Starter Pack. You are one of our most helpful and reliable staff members, so I really hope that you will manage to recover.

As I always recommend in these situations, because it works for me, please listen to relaxing music, watch upbeat cartoons or movies, go on nature walks, exercise regularly, and hug therapy pets. Meditation while listening to low volume Karunesh music is also useful.

If you do all of this in combination, it should help you out.
Helps me at times as well.

I can understand how the people here are hurt by this, but when you start thinking any of the stories I've seen from Sera at all, it was pretty obvious that Sera was talking out of their ass. For those that considered yourselves friends of Sera, you should have called this out, friends don't let friends do that.

and @Starter_Pack, and all of those who were manipulated. hold your head high, you were a part of the masses whom Sera managed to manipulate but at the end of the day life goes on, use this as a cautionary tale for others and grow from it, and if you want something truly calm to watch please see below.

It this kind of drama that's (partly) the reason I'm currently taking a long break from the Wiki (and Vs debating in general). Pardon me if I sound cliche but this is ment to be a fun hobby where you can learn as well as share new information about different works of fiction while getting into various discussions/debates about miscellaneous subjects (since knowledge is the best the cure for ignorance).

That said the internet is a unpredictable place where some folks become so disconnected from reality to the point they actually believe some random person online (that they don't even truly now) is their friend, role model, muse, etc yet that random individual might not even be real moreover those who put on those facades online, sometimes begin to believe their own lies while also tricking others with their deceit eventually leading to creation of a false narrative/world that many believe to be the truth...

As for the situation with Sera, I just don't know what else to say (that hasn't already been said already). I'm just glad I was only minimally affected by her manipulation yet being manipulated in the first place still sucks (speaking from personal experience) and I feel like a fool for actually supporting her that said I can't help but pity someone who feels the need to cast such a twisted tangle web of lies that has negatively affected so many folks (it really does make you ponder what would cause someone to go that far? but I digress).

Honestly these past few months (likely longer for others) the Wiki has felt less stable as well as enjoyable to me and for some reason I've always had this underline feeling of tension just boiling beneath the surface and when that tension does occasionally erupt it has caused me lash out against others, leave projects unfinished and was slowly turning me into something I didn't want to become (hence why I'm taking a break).

I don't know when/if I will return to the Wiki (on more permanent bias) but these kind of revelations, aren't exactly encouraging me to return anytime soon, trust is a fickle commodity in that regard.

Sorry if I derailed the thread with my long-winded comment, like others have already mentioned please stay safe online folks and peace!

I can understand how the people here are hurt by this, but when you start thinking any of the stories I've seen from Sera at all, it was pretty obvious that Sera was talking out of their ass. For those that considered yourselves friends of Sera, you should have called this out, friends don't let friends do that.

and @Starter_Pack, and all of those who were manipulated. hold your head high, you were a part of the masses whom Sera managed to manipulate but at the end of the day life goes on, use this as a cautionary tale for others and grow from it, and if you want something truly calm to watch please see below.

Well once again, you have to consider that not everyone heard of these stories until now. I for one don't remember anything about Ven beating up 8 armed guys and whatnot.

In the end of the day, everything Sera has done and the mass fooled by her, they were just the usual circlejerk behavior for me. Or maybe my community is just that shitty something like the Sera incident feels normal. Undoubtedly this individual has contributed a big part to an awful image or VBW, and little could you guys done to revert the damage, everyone should best recover from this so that you guys could operate normally.
Everyone has to make a few big mistakes in their life after all, cyber or real :) I know this might have been said several time already, and since I'm a outsider my words might sound hollow, but this is genuine. Seeing a community broken down by a single jerkass isn't fun, but seeing it unable to recover will leave a bad taste in my mouth, even if I'm not too invested myself in it.

Well once again, you have to consider that not everyone heard of these stories until now. I for one don't remember anything about Ven beating up 8 armed guys and whatnot.
I know that, but from what I have read there were several other stories that I missed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back