• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Smash Ultimate tier list

Pulinno said:
(also if the Smash version is being used Shulk is just High 8-C because it looks like he is using the Monado 1 in Smash)
Updated with that in mind, as well as some changes with Roy's stats. I'll reupdate it as soon as Byleth can be added.

Also Mr. G&W doesn't have a non-smash key anymore so checking where he goes compared to Roy and Shulk was so much fun *sarcasm intensifies*
Smash tier list again

I rmemeber someone a while ago saying Pre-Magnificant Ness was the smash version. I know jackshit about Earthbound and nobody has said anything since so I've just gone with it..

Why is Bowser in 4-D and Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Jr in Cosmic? They're not portrayed as anything other their regular base forms in the game.

@Bware Thankyou and Spoilers. I'm highly prioritizing speed which Roy and G&W both beat Shulk out by a longshot

@Generic his Grand Star key is Low 2-C, seems wierd that Mario doesn't hae a Low 2-C key of his own

SuperKamiNappa said:
@Bware Thankyou and Spoilers. I'm highly prioritizing speed which Roy and G&W both beat Shulk out by a longshot
@Generic his Grand Star key is Low 2-C, seems wierd that Mario doesn't hae a Low 2-C key of his own
But don't forget his Precog makes up for lack of speed as well as his other passives which Roy doesn't really have an answer for such as Attack Reflection and Reactive Power Level among others. Plus we should take the Arts into account

Reason why Mario doesn't have a Low 2-C key is due to the fact that it would mean that Bowser's base is Low 2-C which doesn't make sense for both the plot and lore.

Wait, so this doesn't display the characters at their best? Why not? Also, this version of Joker is not during the start of the game. They stated in his Smash trailer that he can use other Persona's if we wanted to. Eigaon is also a late game move you learn. Arsene reappears in Sae's palace during the end, meaning this Joker is at least 4-A.

DatOneWeeb said:
Wait, so this doesn't display the characters at their best? Why not? Also, this version of Joker is not during the start of the game. They stated in his Smash trailer that he can use other Persona's if we wanted to. Eigaon is also a late game mhove you learn. Arsene reappears in Sae's palace during the end, meaning this Joker is at least 4-A.
We have 2 lists going

Bware1 said:
Ren should actually be down in Nuclear. Ren only has access to Arsene who is cannonically sacraficed very early in Persona 5, after just awakening him in the very first palace. Low 2-C is when he fights Yaldabaoth by which point Arsene is long gone and has access to much stronger Persona's and Satanael
Also Shulk should be above Roy
Haru exists as a cameo in Joker's All Out Attack, she joins the team on Joker's 4-A key, let alone the fact the player can still use Arsene in the battle against Yaldaboath. So his Low 2-C key is fine.

Ok first off Mario has Cappy which means he is SMO Mario and he has two endgame costumes available.

Second off, @TheQuirkyBoy trophies don't exist in this game, so that point doesn't work

Pulinno said:
Second off, @TheQuirkyBoy trophies don't exist in this game, so that point doesn't work
It can still possibly work because he has access to abilities (most of his movesets are things he can't use outside of smash) that allude to what the trophy states, where apparently Paula and Poo had taught him those abilities and it was stated that he had defeated Giygas, which therefore means it is Post Magicant.

And that's not the only thing as his avatar can still be Low 2-C

However, unlike when Trophies existed, Paula and Poo appear to aid him in the use of a move (although only the FS)

And? It doesn't really disprove the fact that it's Post Magicant. And I do question... Why are we treating Smash Ultimate as a completely different canon? It doesn't make much sense to me since iirc the game picks up right after Brawl at the same area.

Yes, each Smash game is canon with each other. Palutena directly states that Pit was with Mario during the Subspace.

Yes, but I have rquested that it was specifically their SSBU version and mixed it up. The reason I did that was to avoid any confusion with Link, but I actually intensified it with Ness :p

Eh, Smash isn't the most consistent with these. I mean, Shulk has the Monado 1 but has Fiora in his Chain Attack which doesn't happen until his 5-B self.

Joker does not have access to only Arsene and Satanael, they're just his default Personas for the sake of character. You saying he was sacrificed is game mechanics because they did that TO show off Persona fusion, and he makes an appearance again vs Goro. It's stated in game by Morgana that he can use multiple Personas, so he by no means is Nuclear.

If this is purely AP, Sonic should be above Link but below Mega Man since Base Sonic scales >>> 3.736 Ninatons. And since Mega Man is soon getting upgraded to 11 Ninatons iirc, he remains at the top.

Back