• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
When Byleth was upgraded to High 6-A, this was one of the fights I wanted to see happen. Wanted to do a rematch with Majora Mask Link but since they share no tiers, I guess the guy who bested him will have to do.

From what I understand, Cloud is 12.141 Exatons compared to Byleth‘s 5.6 Exatons, this should be a fair match-up in terms of AP if I am not wrong.

Now, which of these mercenaries that appeared in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will emerge victorious when pitted against one another.

Rules
  • Speed Equalized
  • High 6-A versions (I.e, Enlightened One Byleth and Disc 1 Cloud Strife)
  • SBA for everything else
  • Battle Music

Byleth Eisner:

Cloud Strife:

Incon:

Last edited:
Not gonna lie this is a pretty cool matchup

Hmm... How much does Byleth upscale from the 5.6 Exatons with the Sword of the Creator and Awakening? Cloud is a pretty big gap above the 12 Exatons, more specifically, by the end of Disc 1 he's noticeably stronger than Vincent was (whom he scales to) when he casually beat 2nd Version Ravens, who in turn could one shot 2nd Class SOLDIER who are a bit stronger than the Summons who scale to the 12 Exaton feat. Furthermore, Limit Breaks hit well above his usual output (gameplay wise his weakest one is a 3x), though in FFVII he can't start with them and it takes a while for him to get them ready, unlike his Advent Children key.

Cloud definitely seems to hold the AP advantage. Though, I will note that Byleth has AP amps of their own, and some good damage reduction/nullification skills. Byleth also has Death Manipulation, which Cloud doesn't seem to resist.

How skilled is Cloud by the way?

Cloud definitely seems to hold the AP advantage. Though, I will note that Byleth has AP amps of their own, and some good damage reduction/nullification skills. Byleth also has Death Manipulation, which Cloud doesn't seem to resist.

How skilled is Cloud by the way?
He does resist Death Manip as it's under E Skills. Also while this seems like a fun match, Cloud is about to undergo a "Rebirth" soon. Not sure if this match should be done.

Last edited:
He does resist Death Manip as it's under E Skills. Also while this seems like a fun match, Cloud is about to undergo a "Rebirth" soon. Not sure if this match should be done.
Well, that's true, Cloud is most likely going through a big revision soon. But, we can have a little fun meanwhile that proposal is done. His matchup results can be updated later on.

Oh, then Byleth is screwed lmao
Are they, though? What about his damage reduction and null or his resurrection (if I got that right)?

Was also thinking, we could unequalize speed? I know the gap is monstruous, but equalizing it takes away Byleth's biggest advantage. And Cloud does have some options against a blitz.

Are they, though? What about his damage reduction and null or his resurrection (if I got that right)?

Was also thinking, we could unequalize speed? I know the gap is monstruous, but equalizing it takes away Byleth's biggest advantage. And Cloud does have some options against a blitz.
I don't think Byleth has any realistic wincons without Death Manip, since the AP gap is too high from what I'm seeing, and nulling/resurrection is only going to last so long. I didn't know we were using all the stuff in Cloud's tabbers, which would also include stuff like AZ.

Back