• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

On this thread it says that freezing a human is Small Building level

But when I click on the bold text, it brings me to a calculation page where you get Wall level values. Which one is correct?

On this thread it says that freezing a human is Small Building level

But when I click on the bold text, it brings me to a calculation page where you get Wall level values. Which one is correct?
There's a collapsible right below that has a calc for freezing a human to absolute zero (y'know, -273.15 C) - which has the Small Building level calc you're looking for.

There's a collapsible right below that has a calc for freezing a human to absolute zero (y'know, -273.15 C) - which has the Small Building level calc you're looking for.
How would I know if they were frozen to Absolute Zero without statements? Unless freezing a human is automatically absolute zero

How would I know if they were frozen to Absolute Zero without statements? Unless freezing a human is automatically absolute zero
You don't, so it's not usable. For absolute zero you need explicit statements, otherwise you use the Wall level one.

You don't, so it's not usable. For absolute zero you need explicit statements, otherwise you use the Wall level one.
So that means the small building level calc on the page is wrong and I should use DontTalks version? If so, Room level isn't on the tier system anymore so where does the joule value scale to?

So that means the small building level calc on the page is wrong and I should use DontTalks version? If so, Room level isn't on the tier system anymore so where does the joule value scale to?
Ah, I understand what you're talking about now.

Yes, the one on the page is outdated, use the one that you see when you click on the bolded link.
Room level = Small Building, or you could just look at the Attack Potency chart and see 2.23e7 J fits.

Could this be classed as a shockwave? JasonSith seemed to neither agree or disagree and told me to get more approval on it

The sounds seemed to be pretty loud especially since it was coming from multiple metres away, the wind also provides a little more evidence of it being a shockwave, or should I just stick to KE for this one ( btw if there's a way I can calc the wind since it spans 15 metres wide and long I would love to know, if not its fine )

Let's say that I deflect Fat Man into a mountain with a kick and then it explodes upon impact, does that make me 7-C by default? The KE to deflect Fat Man would need to be at least 9-B+ by default

Let's say that I deflect Fat Man into a mountain with a kick and then it explodes upon impact, does that make me 7-C by default? The KE to deflect Fat Man would need to be at least 9-B+ by default
If it was an energy based attack that you would deflect, then it would be viable for you to scale to that energy blast’s AP. But a physical object before it explodes? Definitely not, so you would need to calculate the weight of the bomb before getting the KE of yourself deflecting it.

7-C is the explosive yield so no, for that to happen you would need to counter that energy with your own equivalent and neutralize it completely.

Thank you. I have another question,

Character A is able to walk through a swarm of projectiles all circling around at the speed of sound, How would I calc that?
And another character is able to do several slashes to attack the swarm of projectiles circling at the speed of sound, how would this be calced?

Character A is able to walk through a swarm of projectiles all circling around at the speed of sound, How would I calc that?
And another character is able to do several slashes to attack the swarm of projectiles circling at the speed of sound, how would this be calced?
There are a lot of factors that would go into calcing something like that, link the feat.

Wait, so the projectiles are moving at the speed of sound?

I’d say count the number of projectiles, then find the length of each individual projectile, then multiply those two numbers together. Next, find the circumference of their trajectory, then subtract that by the number you found earlier. Divide this new number by the number of projectiles.

That number is the average amount of space in between each projectile. Then use this number and the speed of sound to find your timeframe. After that, find the distance that Character A moved.

distance Character A moved / found timeframe = speed of Character A

another character is able to do several slashes to attack the swarm of projectiles circling at the speed of sound, how would this be calced?
Can’t be calced safely, as it could be explained by aim-dodging. I’d just say he’s relative to the projectiles in speed.

One question, if lightning strikes an ambulance and it explodes, could it be said that it has the power 1.6 billion Joules if it strike someone in the ground?

Wait, so the projectiles are moving at the speed of sound?

I’d say count the number of projectiles, then find the length of each individual projectile, then multiply those two numbers together. Next, find the circumference of their trajectory, then subtract that by the number you found earlier. Divide this new number by the number of projectiles.

That number is the average amount of space in between each projectile. Then use this number and the speed of sound to find your timeframe. After that, find the distance that Character A moved.

distance Character A moved / found timeframe = speed of Character A
Alright so I've come to realize the attack isn't at the speed sound, I mistook it for that but its a weaker version of the attack.

Nonetheless, the context behind the attack is a swarm of bats are flying around at high speed creating a sorta wall. Here's the visuals

One question, if lightning strikes an ambulance and it explodes, could it be said that it has the power 1.6 billion Joules if it strike someone in the ground?
Lighting strikes typically have around 1 billion joules of energy which is small building level+. If theres 1.6 billion its in the bulding level ranges so id assume it have the same energy striking the ground as it would the ambulence if that awnsers your question

Back to this freezing calc, If a character got frozen by that, and they broke out with physical strength would they scale to that energy?

What exactly is the method to calculation someone creating a vacuum?
I do not have an answer for you, but I can tell you that trying to calculate things like this are typically very difficult due to the sheer amount of factors that go into it. Pressure, temperature, temperature distribution in air molecules, the size of the object itself, etc.

I'm new to this stuff, and have no idea how to calc. So I'd like to know how to go about calculating these.
  • Character notices floor below is hollow. He punches the ground and creates a big hole.
  • Character Freezes a giant beast
  • Character punches the ground hard enough that it cracks the ground, making some parts of the ground point outwards (towards the sky)

Character notices floor below is hollow. He punches the ground and creates a big hole.
Just get the measurements of the hole he made. Considering it's hollow though I doubt it's impressive.

• Character Freezes a giant beast
Can look here.

• Character punches the ground hard enough that it cracks the ground, making some parts of the ground point outwards (towards the sky)
If the parts are really big than I think KE could work or measure the size of the parts to determine the effected area.

Just get the measurements of the hole he made. Considering it's hollow though I doubt it's impressive.
The hole isn't circular or a square though. So do I measure each and every edge of the hole?
I don't think I can compare the heat capacity of a giant turtle to a human
If the parts are really big than I think KE could work or measure the size of the parts to determine the effected area.
I'll attempt it

The heat capacity of flesh is going to be mostly similar across species.

No, but it's definitely possible to discern weight if you can estimate size by just upscaling the mass of a normal turtle.

Back