• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

So this is calc that is used for Cell Destroying the Solar System from Earth to the Sun: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Assaltwaffle/Dragon_Ball_Z:_Cell_gets_out_of_Baseline

And this is a similar calc: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ion_With_a_Sun_and_Earth_inside_of_it_(REDUX)

The problem that I have though is that in the video shown, Earth is at the center of the destruction, meaning that Cell's blast is overcoming Earth's GBE and expanding to destroy the Sun from there. But Assaltwaffle's calc uses the Sun's GBE, not the Earth's, it would make more sense to be using KLOL506's calc. Although when I tried to address this on the calc itself, this is what I was told:

This confounds me even more because KLOL506's calc uses the Earth's GBE, which by Occum's razor means that it's at the center, not the Sun! And the calc also has the Sun's GBE added on there meaning that it gets destroyed at the edge like what's happening in the video.
Try thinking of it like the first example of Inverse Square Law. It calculates the energy needed to vaporize a simple brick from a distance of 5m, getting a result that's way higher than a brick being vaporized in the epicenter of the explosion.

The formula used for both calcs, that being 4*U*(Er/Br)^2 = E, does a similar thing where it calculates the energy needed to overcome the binding energy of the celestial object that is farther away. Even in the new calc it mentions how it handles the suns destruction at the epicenter, that being to just add the sun's GBE to the result.

Basically, if the Earth is in the center but it destroys the sun from farther away, it would need to carry the Energy required to destroy the sun till it reaches the star it destroys. If the Sun is in the center and it destroys the earth from farther away, it would need to carry the Earth's destruction energy till it reaches the Earth.

So this is calc that is used for Cell Destroying the Solar System from Earth to the Sun: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Assaltwaffle/Dragon_Ball_Z:_Cell_gets_out_of_Baseline

And this is a similar calc: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ion_With_a_Sun_and_Earth_inside_of_it_(REDUX)

The problem that I have though is that in the video shown, Earth is at the center of the destruction, meaning that Cell's blast is overcoming Earth's GBE and expanding to destroy the Sun from there. But Assaltwaffle's calc uses the Sun's GBE, not the Earth's, it would make more sense to be using KLOL506's calc. Although when I tried to address this on the calc itself, this is what I was told:

This confounds me even more because KLOL506's calc uses the Earth's GBE, which by Occum's razor means that it's at the center, not the Sun! And the calc also has the Sun's GBE added on there meaning that it gets destroyed at the edge like what's happening in the video.
If the sun is at the edge of the explosion from Earth then it should be inverse-square using the Sun's GBE. That's it, really.

KLOL's calc uses the Earth's GBE because the earth is at the edge of the "explosion" (creation distance). The inverse-square law we use for massive celestial explosions (I think) assumes that if it can destroy/create your object of choice at the edge of the explosion, it should have more than enough energy to destroy/create everything WITHIN that distance. Also KLOL's is specifically for creation hence why he just adds the Sun's GBE on top (because obviously, it was also created in the process).

However, the fact that he added the Sun's GBE on top makes me wonder why the standard pocket dimension starry sky only uses the GBE of one star rather than however many we can see in the sky... I guess it's because the result is higher than the GBE of each individual star combined (about 5.6e45 J) and so it should be sufficient? As far as I understand it, the reason he added the Sun's GBE on top is because the calc was below that value, meaning it wouldn't be sufficient to create the sun.

Basically, if the Earth is in the center but it destroys the sun from farther away, it would need to carry the Energy required to destroy the sun till it reaches the star it destroys. If the Sun is in the center and it destroys the earth from farther away, it would need to carry the Earth's destruction energy till it reaches the Earth.
But for when the Earth is at the center, wouldn't you just add the GBE of the sun like KLOL's calc does?

Edit: Also looking at the example, wouldn't the thing that gets destroyed within the explosion here be the Earth and not the Sun (immediately)?

Last edited:
But for when the Earth is at the center, wouldn't you just add the GBE of the sun like KLOL's calc does?

Edit: Also looking at the example, wouldn't the thing that gets destroyed within the explosion here be the Earth and not the Sun (immediately)?
I believe the Sun's GBE was added solely because the result of the calculation was below that, meaning it wouldn't have enough energy to blow up the sun which obviously defeats the entire point.

As for the example, think of it like this: If I can blow up a star that's millions of kilometres away, I can absolutely blow up a planet that's at the epicenter of the explosion. The power of it is measured by the objects it can destroy at its very edge, as that is when it is the weakest.

I'd like assistence with the following conundrum.
The context is simple.

The steel legs were moved simultaneously, and alongside a electricity particle that we accept as real electricity. Thus, we calculated how much energy each leg had in KE, and said the robot who performed it scaled to one of the legs KE.

Each leg is independent of another one.

However, the new calculation says the robot should scale to all 5 legs combined, as they moved them all at the same time.

My point of contention was the inconsistency. The damage of a single leg is 4, and all the other robot attacks do the same damage (4), including other legs that move in one at a time and slower, do the same damage.

I'd like the opinion of the CGMs. What calculation represents the true strength exerted here?

I believe the Sun's GBE was added solely because the result of the calculation was below that, meaning it wouldn't have enough energy to blow up the sun which obviously defeats the entire point.
I understand that, but even without that reasoning it still makes sense to add it anyway as it is seen getting destroyed at the edge

Also, in that example, it isn't clear about the placement of the brick, it might as well be at the epicenter

I understand that, but even without that reasoning it still makes sense to add it anyway as it is seen getting destroyed at the edge
  1. The sun's GBE was for the calc where it was created/destroyed in the center. If the Earth were in the center and was created/destroyed, the GBE of the Earth would be added.
  2. The Energy to destroy the sun in Assaltwaffle's calc is already accounted for by the calculation with the formula, which gets the Solar System result
Also, in that example, it isn't clear about the placement of the brick, it might as well be at the epicenter
Umm... no??? If it were at the epicenter, it would just be the energy to vaporize the brick.

Also it is VERY clear with the brick being 5m away in the examples description:
A ground explosion with a radius of 5 meters has exactly enough energy so when it hits a brick with an area of 0.07116953508 square meters and a volume of 0.0010692559 cubic meters, it vaporizes it. How much energy does this explosion hold?
If the brick's distance from the explosion was lower, a lower radius would be used because the explosion hit the brick before it reached it's maximum radius.

Basically, an explosion has more energy per area while expanding, which it loses as it expands. Therefore when it hits an object with enough energy to destroy it at the edge, it has more energy at the center or a distance lower than the edge.

No, the energy at the epicenter is several magnitudes higher because of inverse-square law. Energy spreads out the farther you are from the epicenter in an explosion.

Read above.

I'd like assistence with the following conundrum.
The context is simple.

The steel legs were moved simultaneously, and alongside a electricity particle that we accept as real electricity. Thus, we calculated how much energy each leg had in KE, and said the robot who performed it scaled to one of the legs KE.

Each leg is independent of another one.

However, the new calculation says the robot should scale to all 5 legs combined, as they moved them all at the same time.

My point of contention was the inconsistency. The damage of a single leg is 4, and all the other robot attacks do the same damage (4), including other legs that move in one at a time and slower, do the same damage.

I'd like the opinion of the CGMs. What calculation represents the true strength exerted here?
Well, I guess this is not gonna be helped with, I'll try to make CGD thread

No, I'm trying to point out that for either or, it makes more sense to use the GBE of the starting point.
It doesn't.

What they want to find out is how much energy from the epicenter is needed to create or destroy something that's far away

The requirement itself states that the edge has to have enough energy to match the celestial body one wants to create or destroy

As for the case of creating/destroying a sun at the center and the earth at the edge, you need enough energy to destroy the Earth that's far away when the blast has spread out already. This is a unique case where the energy needed to accomplish that is lower than the energy to just destroy the sun itself, because of that, the GBE of the sun is then added, to fill a requirement

For the opposite, this isn't necessary
Since Earth requires less energy to destroy than the Sun, when Earth is at the center, it's GBE is unnecessary because we know for a fact that when the blast/explosion is at its weakest it still will be strong enough to destroy the sun, aka several times stronger than the energy for Earth
This already solves for the problem the first case had
The energy at the epicenter can only be higher than at the edge so adding the GBE is irrelevant

For the second case, using the starting point's GBE doesn't work. What you're doing by using the GBE is saying "at the edge, the energy needs to be as strong as Earth's GBE", which would be insufficient to destroy the Sun, hence it doesn't really accomplish the feat you're trying to calculate.

I will also say for destroying everything from the Sun, wouldn't you need to first overcome the Sun's GBE and not the Earth's
That's a different feat from blowing the sun up from the Earth tho. And I already added the Sun's GBE in that feat as per DT's instructions.

No, I'm trying to point out that for either or, it makes more sense to use the GBE of the starting point.
As Topaz said, it doesn't. You are trying to find out the power of an explosion based on how much power it has left at the edge at a certain distance from the origin point.

As for the case of creating/destroying a sun at the center and the earth at the edge, you need enough energy to destroy the Earth that's far away when the blast has spread out already. This is a unique case where the energy needed to accomplish that is lower than the energy to just destroy the sun itself, because of that, the GBE of the sun is then added, to fill a requirement
Hence why you instead use the Sun's GBE instead of the Earth's? If you're going to destroy everything, starting with the Sun, why would you not start off with the Sun's GPE?

Hence why you instead use the Sun's GBE instead of the Earth's? If you're going to destroy everything, starting with the Sun, why would you not start off with the Sun's GPE?
We add the energy on top bruh. Thought that was obvious. That's what @DontTalkDT said to do. You can ask him if you don't believe me.

You completely ignore what I explained

Let's say we have a neutron star at the edge instead of Earth, and Sun at the center.

If we say the epicenter has the Sun's GBE, the edge would have far less energy than necessary to destroy the Neutron Star, which is something the blast needs to do. This is why we don't "start" calculating at the epicenter.

We add the energy on top bruh. Thought that was obvious. That's what @DontTalkDT said to do. You can ask him if you don't believe me.
And takes putting 2 and 2 together to think about that too!

"Well, the energy at the epicenter is less than the Sun's GBE... But the Sun would need to be created/destroyed, so it can't be lower than that.", then you just add it

You could make the argument that you should simply use the Sun's GBE itself instead of adding both together
but still doesn't change the fact you're right

You completely ignore what I explained

Let's say we have a neutron star at the edge instead of Earth, and Sun at the center.

If we say the epicenter has the Sun's GBE, the edge would have far less energy than necessary to destroy the Neutron Star, which is something the blast needs to do. This is why we don't "start" calculating at the epicenter.
Not to mention that the power at the epicenter would automatically be magnitudes beyond whatever is being destroyed at the center if you're destroying very large stuff particularly far away.

Not to mention that the power at the epicenter would automatically be magnitudes beyond whatever is being destroyed at the center if you're destroying very large stuff particularly far away.
So

Since you seem like a very nice person
With a very nice reasoning capacity
Could you please help me with this? I really feel like no one will ever give their input on there and I don't want it to die...

the second one is are there any people who are interested in Murder Drones calcs? Because I still suck at pixel scaling and just can’t seem to hey a hang of it(you’d think calcing one or two laser dodging feats wouldn’t be so frustrating)
Eh, I’m pretty sure the lasers aren’t real since they aren’t supposed to explode. Not only that, but they were never called lightspeed nor were they from a realistic source (A cannon cannot shoot lasers).

Eh, I’m pretty sure the lasers aren’t real since they aren’t supposed to explode. Not only that, but they were never called lightspeed nor were they from a realistic source (A cannon cannot shoot lasers).
I’ve been inactive so I only just saw this, but this isn’t exactly true.

(Please forgive me for going on a tangent here, I get a little carried away with MD scaling, I love telling people about the crazy stuff)

Uzi’s railgun is confirmed to be a “magnetically amplified photon converger”, meaning that it in of itself is at least real light(possibly even faster given that it is magnetically amplified), you may be wondering, whadoes this have to do with MD lasers?

The thing is, Uzi’s railgun is powered by MD technology from the Corpse Wall, meaning that this technology to weaponize photons is very common.

also, the MD lasers never explode, Uzi’s doesn’t either(I am planning on mentioning this in a CRT because there is a lot of misinformation on Uzi’s page atm. the scene makes it very clear that her railgun just shorted, fired at the door, and slammed into her face, I don’t get why people thought it exploded when it was in perfect shape in the next scene), even when Uzi shoots J, we can see that there is nothing but scattered light and no form of blast radius.
now, the railgun admittedly did explode after it was destroyed by Eldritch J in ep 2, but that seems to be more a result of the other technology inside it given that the thing is confirmed to be photon based and the lasers themselves haven’t ever exploded.

All in all, this stuff is pretty consistent and the technology was scavenged from the Corpse Wall anyway, which means that it’s technology that either Workers have inside them already(which J, V and N would also have by default), or that it was MD technology as well.

The lasers also match the conventional requirements of lasers(they generate heat, no recoil, etc).

Overall, I feel like there is more than enough to classify these lasers as light speed.

Well, do note I made the profile before episode 4 came out, and I was planning a CRT to add new abilities. But I assume you will plan on including those new abilities should I not make my CRT in time?

Well, do note I made the profile before episode 4 came out, and I was planning a CRT to add new abilities. But I assume you will plan on including those new abilities should I not make my CRT in time?
That I do. I have been planning a CRT for a long time as well, I have been trying to wait for if I could get the laser dodging calced but if not then I’ll just make a giant CRT without it(I have 60 custom Imgurr links of feats and abilities)

i guess that makes us brothers in MD crts lol.

That I do. I have been planning a CRT for a long time, I have been trying to wait for if I could get the laser dodging calced but if not then I’ll just make a giant CRT without it(I have 60 custom Imgurr links of feats and abilities)
Luckily for you, I still have that scaling image in my files of Uzi ducking under that laser in episode 1 that I was originally going to include in my MD blog, but I wasn’t sure at the time if it was a real laser. Now that I know, I might go ahead and make a new calc for it.

Luckily for you, I still have that scaling image in my files of Uzi ducking under that laser in episode 1 that I was originally going to include in my MD blog, but I wasn’t sure at the time if it was a real laser. Now that I know, I might go ahead and make a new calc for it.
Oh, thanks man.

So, uh... In a novel I'm reading, it was stated a character shook the entire world and could destroy it. However, the world isn't actually a planet, but just a huge continent. Any idea on how I could calc this?

So, uh... In a novel I'm reading, it was stated a character shook the entire world and could destroy it. However, the world isn't actually a planet, but just a huge continent. Any idea on how I could calc this?
shaking can be done with earthquake magnitude calcs. if "destroy the world" is said in text by a reliable source/the narrative i think it's usually assumed to be an explosion, so if you find the radius you can then sub that into an explosion formula

Last edited:
I am wondering how to find the m/s someone can react to for a person who can react within 1/75 of a second.

I am wondering how to find the m/s someone can react to for a person who can react within 1/75 of a second.
I don't think you can work backwards to get speed like that. You can use this though. 1/75 of a second is about 13 milliseconds, or Subsonic+ perceptions.

I don't think you can work backwards to get speed like that. You can use this though. 1/75 of a second is about 13 milliseconds, or Subsonic+ perceptions.
13 milliseconds is within subsonic. just higher. Thats why I was tryna figure out the precise speed. Subsonic+ starts at 1.7 milliseconds

Hi, may i know is there any how to calculate about "moving stars"? But there is no timeframe cause it's just statement. Or maybe i just put in baseline star lv?

Back