• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

No, but it's definitely possible to discern weight if you can estimate size by just upscaling the mass of a normal turtle.
Wouldn't that make it inaccurate then? Just from looking at it, this turtle is as big as a house
If you have a scan, you could potentially measure the area in photo-editing software and then just multiply it by the depth of the floor.
In the novel, it tells us that the hole he made had 1000 meters radius, would that be fine to use?

Wouldn't that make it inaccurate then? Just from looking at it, this turtle is as big as a house

In the novel, it tells us that the hole he made had 1000 meters radius, would that be fine to use?
No, that's why you would upscale it.

It was the ground in a forest
Oh, I guess that makes sense then. Was it described as being shattered, pulverised, fragmented, etc? If it's a novel and not a visual medium like anime or manga you should probably post the excerpt where it happens.

Just go with watts then convert to joules for the results
One Watt is a Joule per second. Conversion requires a timeframe.

If you know the value of Watts and the timing for the feat to occur, is it better to use Watts or Joules?
I think the general method is Watts over a timeframe of one second. Let's say I create a star over a day, that'd give me a certain value in Watts, right? Multiply by 1 (i.e do nothing) and that's what my AP scales to, not baseline 4-C because it happened over time.

Oh, I guess that makes sense then. Was it described as being shattered, pulverised, fragmented, etc? If it's a novel and not a visual medium like anime or manga you should probably post the excerpt where it happens.
"From this epicenter, countless fissures began radiating outwards in all directions, spreading at an increasingly fast pace."
"a loud crashing sound rang out, and the ground within a radius of a thousand meters suddenly collapsed and sent everyone tumbling down."

I think the general method is Watts over a timeframe of one second. Let's say I create a star over a day, that'd give me a certain value in Watts, right? Multiply by 1 (i.e do nothing) and that's what my AP scales to, not baseline 4-C because it happened over time.
For this calc I have two Watt values with a timeframe of 0.003469243469 s using the speed of sound

I finished calcing the Freeze feat. Should I post it here since the verse isn't on the wiki or in the calc evaluation post?

Last edited:
I was wondering, I heard you can shatter diamond with sound, and that it requires the size of the diamond and the frequency of the sound, I was wondering, how do you use those to find the result to calculate the shattering of diamond?

The size of the diamond is is 361027.62 m^3

The distance the Soundwave traveled is 857.5 meters

The duration of which the soundwave bombarded the Diamond is 8 seconds.

I will be using the shortest length because the feat uses a very loud shout, so it is 1.7 cm.

This would result in 20176.47 hz.

"From this epicenter, countless fissures began radiating outwards in all directions, spreading at an increasingly fast pace."
"a loud crashing sound rang out, and the ground within a radius of a thousand meters suddenly collapsed and sent everyone tumbling down."
Can someone tell me what I did wrong in this?
this?

Why would the ground be made of basalt? It's in a forest and trees don't grow PURELY on basalt. You can add nutrients to soil USING basalt but that's besides the point--
In that area, there were no trees or grass, just the ground. I was also unsure of how to add other elements to the ground to include it.

In that area, there were no trees or grass, just the ground. I was also unsure of how to add other elements to the ground to include it.
If you don't know what material it is I'd just go with fragmentation of regular rock, which is 8J/cc.

You also multiplied the volumes wrong.

1cc = 0.000001m^3, this part is correct, but your volume is in m^3 so you have to convert it the other way around.
1m^3 = 1000000cc, so your volume would be 4.335397857e12 cc.
Multiply that by 8, about 3.47e13 J or 8.29 Kilotons, Low 7-C

If you don't know what material it is I'd just go with fragmentation of regular rock, which is 8J/cc.
I'll keep that in mind for the future.
You also multiplied the volumes wrong.

1cc = 0.000001m^3, this part is correct, but your volume is in m^3 so you have to convert it the other way around.
1m^3 = 1000000cc, so your volume would be 4.335397857e12 cc.
Multiply that by 8, about 3.47e13 J or 8.29 Kilotons, Low 7-C
I see my errors, thank you for your help.

For a calc I'm working on I'd like to know, is this calc, Fragmentation, Violent Fragmentation or Pulverization?

Edit: If I'm told that in a radius of 30km the forest was destroyed. If I convert it to acres do I still have to find the surface area?

Last edited:
Edit: If I'm told that in a radius of 30km the forest was destroyed. If I convert it to acres do I still have to find the surface area?
You could convert it into square kilometers and that would be your area.

But for this kind of feat, I would recommend either using the explosion formula, or find the amount of trees per acre, their volume, and assume fragmentation of wood, like this.

Last edited:
I can't confirm the validity of those formulas
Well this is my source, I'll even link the Wikipedia article and a textbook section
but you have already been told that you can't get speed that way.
Well, we did get an LS value from a PE value, for here it's supposed to be a KE value

As for the AP, why not just convert dB to joules per second?
This is what I'm trying to ask, I have the Watt values, but should I be multiplying by the timeframe I calculated or no?

I need some help. If a giant palm of a hand is 30km in radius or 900 km^2 in square kilometers, how can I find the dimensions of the fingers?

I need some help. If a giant palm of a hand is 30km in radius or 900 km^2 in square kilometers, how can I find the dimensions of the fingers?
Maybe find/measure the average size of the palm and then the average size of a finger to get a ratio or if you have a picture you can use pixel scaling to compare the size in pixels that way

Tell me if this works
The Red line is the diameter while the purple line is the radius.
Radius = 30km = 264.5 pixels
Diameter = 60km = 529 pixels

Can this be used to pixel scale the fingers?

Tell me if this works
The Red line is the diameter while the purple line is the radius.
Radius = 30km = 264.5 pixels
Diameter = 60km = 529 pixels

Can this be used to pixel scale the fingers?
Yea that should be fine. Just compare the fingers now to the radius in pixels and you should have your dimensions for the fingers

Back