• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Hm so how do speed m/s ratings and reaction ratings relate to one another?
They don't, really. Take Z Vegeta for example. A lot of his keys have him at hypersonic flight speed with FTL or MFTL combat (and thus reaction) speed. Unless they're shown to scale (i.e dodging things while moving at MFTL+ speeds would give you MFTL+ reactions/combat speed), they're taken as separate.

They don't, really. Take Z Vegeta for example. A lot of his keys have him at hypersonic flight speed with FTL or MFTL combat (and thus reaction) speed. Unless they're shown to scale (i.e dodging things while moving at MFTL+ speeds would give you MFTL+ reactions/combat speed), they're taken as separate.
Not what I'm asking. I'm asking how the values correlate to one another, how Transonic speeds relate to Transonic reaction values.

Not what I'm asking. I'm asking how the values correlate to one another, how Transonic speeds relate to Transonic reaction values.
It appears to just be 1/speed. Baseline supersonic speed is 377.3m/s, 1/that is 0.00265s, just as it is in the reactions page.

To get Joules from Newtons, you have to use W=Force times Distance, right?
And Force from Pressure times Surface Area?

I think it still needs more info. Did someone blow up the constellation? Did someone use TK to move the entire thing? If so, how fast did they move it? etc.
They shoot stars... And... I'll just give the text
latest

You have heard about shooting stars, but have you ever heard about a star shooter? That's Jaeger Yearend. This intergalactic pyrotechnician uses his magic to first encapsulate stars and then use them as his ammunition! When the shot is good, he'll even create an entire constellation.

They shoot stars... And... I'll just give the text
latest
It'd probably be at LEAST baseline 4-C because it explicitly says he encapulates stars, meaning ones that already exist from the sky.

I guess to make a constellation you could do it like this calc where he used the nearest constellation to Earth, found the center, found the edge then used inverse-square law for an explosion.

where he used the nearest constellation to Earth
Well can't I just use average amount of stars a constellation has and then with that just kinda combine everything to one result? 😅🙈

That Calc has to many numbers/equations for me...

Last edited:
Well can't I just use average amount of stars a constellation has and then with that just kinda combine everything to one result? 😅🙈

That Calc has to many numbers/equations for me...
Nope. If that guy is from Earth, you could honestly just use that calculation and change nothing.

Nope. If that guy is from Earth, you could honestly just use that calculation and change nothing.
Well he's not really from earth... The monsters can come from anywhere, different galaxy, from hell, from heaven and stuff

There's one monster tho who carries earth

We don't know where he's from I think.. Just that he's an intergalactic pyrotechnician

That's why I think just using average star size and average amount of stars in a constellation is good enough I think

Well he's not really from earth... The monsters can come from anywhere, different galaxy, from hell, from heaven and stuff

There's one monster tho who carries earth

We don't know where he's from I think.. Just that he's an intergalactic pyrotechnician

That's why I think just using average star size and average amount of stars in a constellation is good enough I think
But that's just not how the math works, lol. If you create or destroy something on a celestial scale (i.e planets and stars etc.) you have to do it properly, with inverse-square law and everything. I'd use that calc as it's a safe lowball, using the closest constellation to Earth and the stars in that.

But that's just not how the math works, lol. If you create or destroy something on a celestial scale (i.e planets and stars etc.) you have to do it properly, with inverse-square law and everything. I'd use that calc as it's a safe lowball, using the closest constellation to Earth and the stars in that.
🙉 damn... So I have to learn/be able to understand that to do it? 😥

Was going to say I wanted to do something easy like this but... I think I remember it wrong... That does not look easy at all... Well maybe this is I think?

Thx for the info tho 🐵👍

Appears to be about the GBE of Uranus. I calculated it myself and got approx. 2.84 yottatons so I'd imagine it's a matter of using more accurate values. That really should be listed on the page, though.
Think it's the only tier that doesnt have a standard value once u get to tier 5. Could u do a calc for me though?

Ok... So, someone has the strength of a thousand seas... 🙈, use average sea size then find it's mass then times 999?
latest

Wet and dangerous! This mass of water has the strength of a thousand seas and the resiliency of a rubber band. When Blob gets angry, tsunamis happen. Splash! You're beaten.

Why not 1000?

Like 999*1=999
No... Since its a thousand seas... I use 1 average sea's size and then mass... Which will count for 1 out of 1000 seas... So then I just times that by 999x?

That's not how you do it? 🤔

As in the result of an average sea's mass gets times 999

That's... not how multiplication works. You're thinking your adding 999 to 1, you're not, you're multiplying 1 by 1000.
You really sure? How doesn't finding the result of an average sea not already make/add it within the one thousand seas? 🤔

It's not like he achieved 1000x more seas or strength... He is the 1000 seas 🤔

You really sure? How doesn't finding the result of an average sea not already make/add it within the one thousand seas? 🤔

If I have 1 bottle of water and I get 4 more, I went from 1 to 5. That is a 5x increase.
If I have 1 bottle and get 999 more, I went from 1 to 1000. That is a 1000x increase.

If I have 1 bottle of water and I get 4 more, I went from 1 to 5. That is a 5x increase.
If I have 1 bottle and get 999 more, I went from 1 to 1000. That is a 1000x increase.
^

... And what if you took one bottle of water from the 1000 of water bottles to taste one of it... You liked it and now you want 999 more

Why doesn't that make sense? Wait I think I'm understanding what you mean... 1 = 54636 x 1000 = 54636000
oh so the 1 is already accounted for in the equation with the 1000x

So I use this

Find the average and then find the mass and then times that by 1000?

6,950,002,000kg?
That is a list of seas by area, not their mass. Ideally you'd want a list of seas by volume, but I can't find that.

Average ocean depth is 3688m or 3.688km. I'd be conservative and lowball by taking the smallest sea listed there, the Adriatic Sea at 138,000 km^2.
Multiply that by average depth to get a volume of 508944km^3.
Convert to m^3, 5.08944e14 m^3.
Multiply THAT by 1000 (because water has a density of 1000kg/m^3) to get your mass, 5.08944e17 kg or Class P.

Oh, and for the record, most sources I found said tsunamis had an energy of AROUND 3 * 10^15 J (another source, see the log diagrams) or within an order of magnitude, which is about 750 Kilotons, High 7-C+.

Last edited:
Back