• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

depends how it's done, if it's a strike or a shockwave or something like that no, but if it's TK (or someone physically pushing the cloud as silly as that sounds) yea
Appreciate it and another one

Can I outright use the mass of the object to determine the class(for example let's say a ball weighs 3.045e+15kg can I say it's Class T)?

Yes, but the feat is not impressive in terms of AP for the verse, but rather hax. Could I, like, say that the weapon temperature reaches -1650 degrees?

no, it's -150 or whatever it was, you can just note it can freeze 1500 deg immediately which is more notable but it's not linear like that

No I mean a horizon line, there's no shot in that image where the water meets the sky

Here's an example of what a horizon line is
Vue7L6q.jpg

The image you posted above is mainly a top down view, so we don't see a horizon line

A simple question. In mountain calcs, I know we assume the average height is 609.6 meters, but what about the diameter? Do we assume its the same as its height, or is there a set size for it? I recall hearing we could use the diameter of 1000 meters, but I'm not sure.

A simple question. In mountain calcs, I know we assume the average height is 609.6 meters, but what about the diameter? Do we assume its the same as its height, or is there a set size for it? I recall hearing we could use the diameter of 1000 meters, but I'm not sure.
There's already a thread for that here.

Can you measure the strength of a nuclear/regular explosion by the size of the crater? Like can you do a ratio comparison to other bomb craters?

Can you measure the strength of a nuclear/regular explosion by the size of the crater? Like can you do a ratio comparison to other bomb craters?
Calc the legth of something around to use it as a reference, then use pixel scaling to determinate how much a pixel is worth in leigth

Yes, you can indeed, though at that point you might as well dump the size of the crater in the explosion formulae and use it that way. Works too.

I got a question. Why are so many spaces on the destruction values chart empty?
Simply because we don't have any values for them to reference to in the first place.

A lot of materials don't have atomization or vaporization listed on official pdfs for us to reference to. At the same time, not a lot of materials have usable frag or v. frag values to rely upon.

For feats where the character legitimately dodged a bullet, but there is literally no decent angle to calculate the movement, can you simply assume that the character moved the body by 30 to 45 degrees?

Is it possible to calculate the energy needed to create with magic a giant wall? I have the size, volume and weight of the wall

That was the KE of the wall rising up which I generally assume wouldn't be the case here. Also Izumi did it. Edward's calc is for a statue

However if you have the weight, you can use this chart to tier it.

I was told to use PE since the wall was raised instead of being created, this is the calc btw
I was the one who suggested PE for this, assuming the wall really sprouted from the ground like a tree.

If it didn't sprout like a tree, the Creation value should be fine to use.

Back