• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Some people on their blog calculate the acceleration of an object with the formula = 2*D/T^2, can that formula be used/what accurate is it in some situations to get the acceleration of an object?
idk

I am back yet again. So, there's a spacecraft in this series that I'm reading that charges a beam that costs 1.3 Billion ZW.

I assume I can just turn the watt into joules/second, and just take the first second value, right? Just wanted to know if this type of shit is accepted.

Last edited:
Eyo, how do we calc meteor shit? Like, if a statement was given that a meteor has fallen and hit the earth, what's the average meteor size we assume?

Eyo, how do we calc meteor shit? Like, if a statement was given that a meteor has fallen and hit the earth, what's the average meteor size we assume?
there ain't one, you either calc its size or you suffer. Usually its notable in size, however most meteorites burn up in the atmosphere and only a small chunk of them lands on earth.
There is average speed for a meteor that has fallen from space, that being 11 km/s. Good luck with the rest.

Damn. **** novel/book characters I guess. Though from what I heard, most meteors need to be at least 25 meters across in order to not burn up entirely when they reach earth and cause some notable damage, can't we just take that radius?

First off, you can use context. Second, no, 25 meters is a large meteorite, the Chelyabinsk one was like 17 meters and blew up with the force of a nuke.
Third,
Here's the example of a meteorite calc.
let's say we have a meteorite that is 1m in diameter.
the average density of a meteorite is 3 to 4 gram per cubic centimeter, thus let's take 3.5.
The formula for sphere density is (4/3)пr^3 but i recommend using shpere volume calculator that google gives you if you search it up.
using that we get 5.23599×10^5 cm^3
We then multiply it by 3.5 and we get 1832596.5 grams or 1832.5965 kg. Quite a lot.

Now we go to the KE calculator and we put the stats in and we get 10872088250 joules or 2.5984914555449 tons of TNT High 8-C

Damn. **** novel/book characters I guess. Though from what I heard, most meteors need to be at least 25 meters across in order to not burn up entirely when they reach earth and cause some notable damage, can't we just take that radius?
to quote science.howstuffworks.com
"Typically, though, a meteoroid would have to be about the size of a marble for a portion of it to reach the Earth's surface. Smaller particles burn up in the atmosphere about 50 to 75 miles (80 to 120 kilometers) above the Earth."

Yeah, I already know how to calc that, just wanted to see if there is an average size. Most the context gave us was that it capable of making a mushroom cloud of dust, air force strong enough to throw away human sized rocks quite a distance.

Yeah, I already know how to calc that, just wanted to see if there is an average size. Most the context gave us was that it capable of making a mushroom cloud of dust, air force strong enough to throw away human sized rocks quite a distance.
this is a meteor definitely bigger than 1m however it needs more context as with more context we could potentially use the destruction as the base for the feat. Otherwise just use like 2 meters diameter or sth, though i recommend asking help from an experienced calc member

I have a question about a rather specific feat, it is where a person exists in a Liminal State, which is a transitional state, where they exist in between multiple spaces and spans of time, what kind of abilities and/or stats would this involve?

That's duplication, AKA making clones, Multilocation is just that you exist naturally in multiple locations at once.

Is it possible to calculate the AP of electrifying a large pool of water to a level that it's deadly to people in it?

I like to get some thoughts about a certain potential speed feat, a person is capable of traveling from Mercury to Earth, although there is no given amount of time that passed, I asked someone to give their thoughts on how long it might have taken to get to earth themselves, they said it was almost instantly. what would the likely time frame be for that? The low, mid and high ends I could estimate for that thought would be between 10, 20 or 30 seconds, thoughts?

there ain't one, you either calc its size or you suffer. Usually its notable in size, however most meteorites burn up in the atmosphere and only a small chunk of them lands on earth.
There is average speed for a meteor that has fallen from space, that being 11 km/s. Good luck with the rest.
I dont know much about math but wouldnt air resistance slow down the meteor, infact is the same thing that makes the meteor smaller when it comes to earth (you know friction)

But they said they are cables, I am talking about wireless, which I found this which says with Radio waves
Hmmmmm, if it's wireless, wouldn't it be SoL due to the whole radio waves thing? Only reason some wi-fi can get trashy at certain distances is because the Wi-Fi waves collide with other waves which the machine then has one hell of a time trying to figure out which is which. That and obstacles prevent it from being long range.

What kind of power/stat be for something that has “perpetual momentum”? example, a person is frozen in absolute zero but still in a perpetual lunge and possesses violent momentum.

How can I calculate the temperature of an attack that froze a piece of steel that was being melted?

The temperature for melting steel is approximately 1500 degrees, while for freezing it is with -150 degrees

Can you please calculate the speed of this eclipse bullet that reach a target in the distance of 985,567.097km and it reach the target in just 0.0000034sec

It's basic velocity stuff, here's the result:

Calcing this, it gives us 289,872,675,588.23 km/s, or 289872675588230 m/s, or 966,911.167553c, aka 966911 times the speed of light, MFTL+

Also, this ain't really the thread for it. If ya want any other feat calced, just go to the calc request thread, or ask someone.

It's basic velocity stuff, here's the result:

Calcing this, it gives us 289,872,675,588.23 km/s, or 289872675588230 m/s, or 966,911.167553c, aka 966911 times the speed of light, MFTL+

Also, this ain't really the thread for it. If ya want any other feat calced, just go to the calc request thread, or ask someone.
Thank you

depends how it's done, if it's a strike or a shockwave or something like that no, but if it's TK (or someone physically pushing the cloud as silly as that sounds) yea

Back