• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Yes but only for telekinesis.
So let's say we have a character who can lift a hundred thousand tons physically and a million tons with telekinesis.
The character would be
Class M, Class G with telekinesis
Aye. Unless of course, some character with flight resists the Telekinesis, then it'd be both resistance to the power and an LS feat for that character.

Is there an alternative way I should go about calculating this feat? It was rejected because apparently feats regarding breaking glass are not allowed. However, the feat seems too impressive for the character who performed it this early on to simply be dismissed.

Is there an alternative way I should go about calculating this feat? It was rejected because apparently feats regarding breaking glass are not allowed. However, the feat seems too impressive for the character who performed it this early on to simply be dismissed.
Hmm, i won't say anything certain until a calc member responds, however this is thick glass rather than average one so it could be allowed in theory. I would recommend checking out one of the baseball feats for michiru.

Hmm, i won't say anything certain until a calc member responds, however this is thick glass rather than average one so it could be allowed in theory. I would recommend checking out one of the baseball feats for michiru.
Are you referring to when they throw a baseball repeatedly into a wall and form really small craters? I don't think it would yield anything too impressive (Especially with the feat I've compiled that she'd scale to in a discussion thread)

Are you referring to when they throw a baseball repeatedly into a wall and form really small craters? I don't think it would yield anything too impressive (Especially with the feat I've compiled that she'd scale to in a discussion thread)
pulverization of small solid objects can yield anywhere from 9-C+ to 9-B

pulverization of small solid objects can yield anywhere from 9-C+ to 9-B
I can't remember if they pulverized anything, they certainly did at least make small craters centimeters large that at least violently fragmented the wall. I'll look into it while I wait for a CGM to comment on the glass tank shattering feat.

So... Monkey bad with Calc, monkey wants learn

How do you calculate shockwaves?

Found two ways here but monkey no understand

Last edited:
So... Monkey bad with Calc, monkey wants learn

How do you calculate shockwaves?

Found two ways here but monkey no understand
Well, I'm not really apart of the calcs group, but hope my words can at least shed some necessary light in view these formulas.

The first formula used is called the Airbust Formula where it measures the Yield of Explosions/Shockwaves done mid-air. The Formula can basically be surmised as (Radius in KM/.28)^3 = Results in Kilotons. Though, if the Explosion/Shockwave doesn't originate from a Nuclear source like a Nuclear Bomb, then you have to divide the result in two, since 50% of the energy came from the blast. If it did come from a source that is confirmed to be Nuclear, then there's no need to divide it in half.

Now for the following Formula is one I have seen a few times before, but I shall explain as simply as I can. Basically, it uses the set standard of the Decibel count for the shockwave and plugged it into the Formula to get the results in Watts per square meter. (W/m^2) And then they go onto find the area the Shockwave covered, which is the area of a circle. (Though I don't yet understand the need to divide the area in half. If anyone knows, please enlighten me.) After obtaining all of the values above, you multiply the Area in m^2, and W/m^2 together to get the energy in Joules per second.

You know… I understood everything, the only part I can’t understand is the numbers.

but thx for that, that helped me alot 🐵👍

Last edited:
question, and likely uncommon one, Is there a formula or calculation method to find how much energy is within an explosion, average one or nuclear from a bomb crater size? I know I likely missed that but would like to know that.

Aaaand I'm back!

I got a simple question, how do you calculate the speed of someone moving down a flight of stairs in a six-story building in 10 seconds? Google shows me that a person takes an average of 50 seconds to move 4 flights of stairs.

i think you just calculate the full path of the stairs and divide that length in meters by 10 to get the speed, i would assume people could move a lot faster on stairs than they choose to, since it'd be dangerous

You can use the formula for Force

Mass x Acceleration

You'd need the Arrow's speed though and how quickly it took to get to top speed to get acceleration.

No, that's something different, the units for KE are Joule, while LS Kg(Force), Newton, and the like
Yes, but it is possible to convert joules to newtons. There are several examples in calculations from Jojo and One Piece. But they are all about throwing, in my case it is about stopping an object

Yes, but it is possible to convert joules to newtons. There are several examples in calculations from Jojo and One Piece. But they are all about throwing, in my case it is about stopping an object
Usually, it's converting Newtons into Joules, not the other way around. It's usually for feats that involve bending steel, where they'll use the formula for work.

Force x Displacement which gives you a result in Joules. It would be more accurate to get the speed and mass of the arrow to calculate force than trying to calculate lifting strength from Joules.

It uses a different Method, you need to find the Mass of the Object, then its Acceleration. and you can enter formula F = m*a to find the required Force to stop the Object.

Edit : Typo

Last edited:
You can convert joules into newtons to get LS, the idea is the same, you need to calculate the change in the energy of the object (which in this case is going from that KE to zero) so just divide the energy by the distance of force, which is the distance that stopping the arrow took (in meters). That gives you the result in Newtons. However I should specify that he should be stopping the exact same arrow that performed the AP feat, otherwise it'd be calc stacking, since even from the same shooter the KE of an arrow can vary a bit between shots

That's kind of a weird case since realistically drag like that would barely slow down a moving train, but using the full distance that the train moved after he touched it until his feet are off the ground would work. You'd also have to divide the result by timeframe since it takes a while.

However I should specify that he should be stopping the exact same arrow that performed the AP feat, otherwise it'd be calc stacking, since even from the same shooter the KE of an arrow can vary a bit between shots
Well, it is a weapon in a game and you can perform this feat literally at any time, so I guess it is valid

Some people on their blog calculate the acceleration of an object with the formula = 2*D/T^2, can that formula be used/what accurate is it in some situations to get the acceleration of an object?

How do you get the distance of someone flying so high that the people below see him as a dot? Like, whats the average distance needed in order for the people on the ground to see the flying dude as a dot?

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I've been kinda wondering, how do we calculate the attack potency of lightning? I tried to find a calc on it, but there are none.

Back