• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Weird, because energy-mass conversion alone won't wield anything higher than 4-C.
Shake is talking about some quick maths of mine on discord.

My calc mostly comes from the amount of molecules on Earth (133,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) and how Earth is mostly made out of oxygen plus various other minerals.

In a chemical energy reaction for two 4 O–H bonds results in 440 kcal, though since this is for bonds being formed I guess it'd be more fitting if I used the results from the energy released by broken bonds, the more fitting number there would be 111 kcal. I basically multiplied that result with the amount of molecules on Earth.

Though I also said after those quick maths that there was a good chance I skipped a lot and got one or two things wrong, and my sources may have been fishy as well.

Well what I'm doing is trying to find the mass of clouds that was dispersed 100km+
Hmmmm, you have the diameter, right? And you know the cloud type? Various cloud types have various cloud thicknesses. It's just a matter of multiplying the cloud area with height to get volume, and then using cloud density to get mass. And then you use KE on it depending on how it was moved.

(1/12) * mass * velocity^2 for omnidirectional expansion/dispersion, or 0.5 * mass * velocity^2 if the cloud was moved in the classical one direction.

Hmmmm, you have the diameter, right? And you know the cloud type? Various cloud types have various cloud thicknesses. It's just a matter of multiplying the cloud area with height to get volume, and then using cloud density to get mass. And then you use KE on it depending on how it was moved.

(1/12) * mass * velocity^2 for omnidirectional expansion/dispersion, or 0.5 * mass * velocity^2 if the cloud was moved in the classical one direction.
Appreciate it

Hypootehcially if you were to take Gil saying he will destroy the forest at face value what will it yeield? Same for sunshine and hypotecially if you where to use e=mc^2 what would that yield?

So how do I find out the length?
You hold it and drag the line in any direction and it will tell you the pixels, then you can color the line when the line is created by pressing stroke and selecting a color, you can then even customize the size of the line as well which is under the stroke button

You would need a size of something if you wanna know the length of the thing you are calculating, otherwise you could use assumptions

About this feat I calculated :

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DenLitz/Calculation_Taesoo_destroy_brick_wall

is it correct? KLOL has evaluated it, but I'd be calmer if more than 1 CGM evaluate it, because it's a little confusing for me. So if other CGMs would like to check it out, that would be very helpful.
@Dark-Carioca @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan Would you be able to help out here, since you both have some experience regarding tensile strength calcs?

Aren't bricks usually like glued together with some special substance though? Might just be overcoming that glue rather than breaking brick.

Aren't bricks usually like glued together with some special substance though? Might just be overcoming that glue rather than breaking brick.
isn't that glue supposed to be plaster which is nowadays made out of cement/concrete? AFAIK, modern bricks are made from concrete. Cement apparently has a tensile strength of 2 - 5 MPa. Should we use that instead?

isn't that glue supposed to be plaster which is nowadays made out of cement/concrete? AFAIK, modern bricks are made from concrete. Cement apparently has a tensile strength of 2 - 5 MPa. Should we use that instead?
If using Tensile Strength Cement, how about Tensile Strength Brick Wall? How does it work? I'm curious how the Tensile Strength Brick Wall is applied, if the tensile strength of the brick wall uses Tensile Strength of Cement.

If using Tensile Strength Cement, how about Tensile Strength Brick Wall? How does it work? I'm curious how the Tensile Strength Brick Wall is applied, if the tensile strength of the brick wall uses Tensile Strength of Cement.
Since the small area you calculated is the connection point for the bricks to stay connected to the wall, the most definite answer is that the actual thing being destroyed is the plaster glue holding them together.

You prolly could get higher results by calculating all the seams in the bricks that got detached but that's prolly going to be borderline impossible since we have no side-by-side shots to accurately compare the "before" and "after" of the feat. Hence, the side points will have to do as a low-ball.

Since the small area you calculated is the connection point for the bricks to stay connected to the wall, the most definite answer is that the actual thing being destroyed is the plaster glue holding them together.

You prolly could get higher results by calculating all the seams in the bricks that got detached but that's prolly going to be borderline impossible since we have no side-by-side shots to accurately compare the "before" and "after" of the feat. Hence, the side points will have to do as a low-ball.
He actually cracked the area around Tensile Strength.

He should have gotten a higher level of his low ball, if all of each side of the brick can be calc, I'll try my best.

So is Tensile Strength Cement more accurate here? Or Shear Strength Cement?

He actually cracked the area around Tensile Strength.
Once again, can't calc the cracks. Too unpredictable.

He should have gotten a higher level of his low ball, if all of each side of the brick can be calc, I'll try my best.
Be my guest. If you can find the lines between each of the bricks when it was intact and find the areas of those affected, lemme know. But the current area affected should be probably fine to use for now.

So is Tensile Strength Cement more accurate here? Or Shear Strength Cement?
Tensile strength.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if tensile strength is completely accurate since it's supposed to be when a material fails from pulling it. Idk what to use for this, to be honest.

Yeah but for Lizard's case the force applied is parallel to the direction the top of the train being pulled apart, while in this case the cement isn't being pulled apart but rather bricks slide past it to fall out.

Personally I think not knowing any way to do it, you can probably just do the ground formula, I mean it's inaccurate but it's the best we've got

Back