• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Pretty much, if you make an object bigger by a factor of Z, its area increases by a factor of Z^2 and it's volume by Z^3. Meaning that if you keep an object the same shape and proportions (which is what we want since the person is still humanoid), you can calculate how much its volume increases.

From there it's just finding the volume of a normal human, increasing it, then multiplying it by the density of stone.
Did I do this right?

Your values are right, but 1.8m was used because Atlas proportionally looks tall, not because it's the average human height. That, and it's Class G, not Class T. It's 8.62e+9 kg, not 8.62e+9 tonnes.

Also GPE uses half the height since that's where our center of gravity is, so it'd be 6.16 Kilotons. A little over baseline 7-C.

Your values are right, but 1.8m was used because Atlas proportionally looks tall, not because it's the average human height. That, and it's Class G, not Class T. It's 8.62e+9 kg, not 8.62e+9 tonnes.

Also GPE uses half the height since that's where our center of gravity is, so it'd be 6.16 Kilotons. A little over baseline 7-C.
Ahhhh. I see what you mean.

Will fix in a seccy sec.

@DontTalkDT decided that the nuclear fireball would be most appropriate, but I would like to know which value should be used?

Fireball radius (minimum): ~24.55 to 24.796 Gigatons (6-C+)

Fireball radius (airburst): ~14.865 to 15.01 Gigatons (6-C)

Fireball radius (ground-contact airburst): ~7.451 to 7.526 Gigatons (6-C)

Hey, is centrifugal force and halving the mass how we should handle swinging something?: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:WeeklyBattles/League_of_Legends:_Ksante's_Ntofo

Mainly asking because the calc presents a value of 911.5 kg of force for swinging the stony pillars the wielder used here, yet when I put things as KE=F*d, I only got a mere 1422.731785 newtons or 145.1 kg of force out of the swings. I dunno if I'm doing something wrong or what.

Hey, is centrifugal force and halving the mass how we should handle swinging something?: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:WeeklyBattles/League_of_Legends:_Ksante's_Ntofo

Mainly asking because the calc presents a value of 911.5 kg of force for swinging the stony pillars the wielder used here, yet when I put things as KE=F*d, I only got a mere 1422.731785 newtons or 145.1 kg of force out of the swings. I dunno if I'm doing something wrong or what.
I mean in theory it works? Centripetal force would be the force required to keep the object going in a circle, and if the tension in your arm is what makes that happen, then it means your arms can withstand that force in a different similar situation like hanging a weight from them or pushing.

I am trying to calculate the size of a planet by comparing the size of something on it, this something is a dozen of kilometers in size and it is far above the clouds of the planet, yet when we see the planet from space and the clouds included we don't even see a pixel of that thing, i am trying to pixel scale the size of the planet based on that but i run into a problem

How do i pixel scale based on something that is so small that not even a pixel of shows up?

I am trying to calculate the size of a planet by comparing the size of something on it, this something is a dozen of kilometers in size and it is far above the clouds of the planet, yet when we see the planet from space and the clouds included we don't even see a pixel of that thing, i am trying to pixel scale the size of the planet based on that but i run into a problem

How do i pixel scale based on something that is so small that not even a pixel of shows up?
If you don't know how high it is above the clouds, how would you be able to use it as a ruler?

If you don't know how high it is above the clouds, how would you be able to use it as a ruler?
because in the planet shot we can see the clouds, my question was more about what to do in situation when the thing i am trying to pixel scale is so small that does not even show up as a pixel

I'm trying to do what Therefir Ask me, which is use the Earth to measure how high Doctor doom was pulled by Silver Surfer in this scene.

But my calculations give me wrong numbers and It seems to me that I am doing the size of the planet wrong, can someone help me, pls?

Last edited:
I have two questions.

the first one is how much stronger would you have to be than something or someone to completely pulverize, vaporize, or atomize something(is there any easy value that can be applied to it or would such be more complicated?)

the second one is are there any people who are interested in Murder Drones calcs? Because I still suck at pixel scaling and just can’t seem to hey a hang of it(you’d think calcing one or two laser dodging feats wouldn’t be so frustrating)

I have two questions.

the first one is how much stronger would you have to be than something or someone to completely pulverize, vaporize, or atomize something(is there any easy value that can be applied to it or would such be more complicated?)

the second one is are there any people who are interested in Murder Drones calcs? Because I still suck at pixel scaling and just can’t seem to hey a hang of it(you’d think calcing one or two laser dodging feats wouldn’t be so frustrating)
Vaporisation and atomisation have values that can be applied to them on the Calculations page. Pulverisation depends on the material. It'd probably be harder to pulverise steel than dirt or soil.

Vaporisation and atomisation have values that can be applied to them on the Calculations page. Pulverisation depends on the material. It'd probably be harder to pulverise steel than dirt or soil.
Honestly I might just be being an idiot but… I don’t remember ever seeing the term “J/cc”, I guess that may be because I don’t calc much.

what does the term mean again? I know that it is something about joules(I swear I have to start remembering these things)

Honestly I might just be being an idiot but… I don’t remember ever seeing the term “J/cc”, I guess that may be because I don’t calc much.

what does the term mean again? I know that it is something about joules(I swear I have to start remembering these things)
J/cc means Joules per cubic centimeter

@SeijiSetto I think it could also mean how many times stronger than your opponent do you need to be to completely pulverize, vaporize, or atomize them?
Oh, that's an unquantifiable thing. Though if you can do that to someone then you just MASSIVELY upscale from their AP value.
Think of it like this - if I'm fighting with someone and I knock them out with a punch to the jaw, that's kind of a weak point so I don't necessarily have to be as strong as them.
If I fight with someone and I knock them out by punching them in the chest, for example, you'd probably say I was quite a bit stronger than them.
Now if I punch someone and atomize them... you see where it's going. We can't say for sure how much stronger because different verses have different "qualifications" per se for one-shots (sometimes a 2x difference is all that's needed, sometimes a 10x) so we just upscale. Something like pulverising someone is just a huge - but unknown - upscale.

Oh, that's an unquantifiable thing. Though if you can do that to someone then you just MASSIVELY upscale from their AP value.
Think of it like this - if I'm fighting with someone and I knock them out with a punch to the jaw, that's kind of a weak point so I don't necessarily have to be as strong as them.
If I fight with someone and I knock them out by punching them in the chest, for example, you'd probably say I was quite a bit stronger than them.
Now if I punch someone and atomize them... you see where it's going. We can't say for sure how much stronger because different verses have different "qualifications" per se for one-shots (sometimes a 2x difference is all that's needed, sometimes a 10x) so we just upscale. Something like pulverising someone is just a huge - but unknown - upscale.
Do we have any meaurament on this in real life? This feels like something some scientists would reasearch ngl

Do we have any meaurament on this in real life? This feels like something some scientists would reasearch ngl
There's probably SOMEONE who's done rough calculations on the energy needed to vaporise a human (as in a regular ass 10-B human). Google is your best friend.

Welp since that one has been answered… What about the second part? Is there anyone who’d be willing to help with a laser dodging feat?(the laser is real light as it was confirmed to be photon based)

So this is calc that is used for Cell Destroying the Solar System from Earth to the Sun: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Assaltwaffle/Dragon_Ball_Z:_Cell_gets_out_of_Baseline

And this is a similar calc: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ion_With_a_Sun_and_Earth_inside_of_it_(REDUX)

The problem that I have though is that in the video shown, Earth is at the center of the destruction, meaning that Cell's blast is overcoming Earth's GBE and expanding to destroy the Sun from there. But Assaltwaffle's calc uses the Sun's GBE, not the Earth's, it would make more sense to be using KLOL506's calc. Although when I tried to address this on the calc itself, this is what I was told:

Sun at the center, Earth at the edge: Use my calc

Earth at the center, Sun at the edge: Use Assalt's calc
This confounds me even more because KLOL506's calc uses the Earth's GBE, which by Occum's razor means that it's at the center, not the Sun! And the calc also has the Sun's GBE added on there meaning that it gets destroyed at the edge like what's happening in the video.

Back