• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

How should I calculate the speed of this, basically I want to know the speed of the power stone's blast going to another galaxy and destroying half of it

(1:10)

Based on Kachon's scale it's probably a 12, yeah, but we don't seem to have a set power on the strength of a Magnitude 12.

Huh.

Thanks.

Can anyone help me calc a laser dodging feat? I suck at pixel scaling and the angles are especially hard. I also want to make a Murder Drones CRT(I’m aware I never commit to that, but in the moment that is something I am interested in.

(For context the lasers are real light: Uzi’s railgun is referred by her[the creator] as a magneticaly amplified Photon Converger, and it is powered by Murder Drone parts.)

in these two images, a character from Murder Drones(Uzi Doorman) dodges a laser from a Murder Drone(J), and as we can see in the first image, there is a horizontal line of light on the screen in the shape of the laser, showing that it was already fired(she waited for around one second after it showed up on the screen to duck
IMG_1848.png

IMG_1861.png

In order to make this easier I’ll also mention that Uzi’s canon height is 4’1 to 4’2

later on we see a wide shot of Uzi and J from above. They moved forward a little bit(just mentioning this to avoid the much closer location in the picture inflating the results), but I circled the areas that they were actually standing when the laser dodging feat happened(with my terrible editing), the black circle is where J was standing and the purple one was where Uzi was standing. (I should mention again that Uzi is around 4’1-4’2 according to the creators, however the fact that she is on the ground probably makes it much more difficult

IMG_1862.png

In order to help a little, here’s a
zoomed in version

IMG_1863.png

I’d also like to acknowledge that this is about as consistent as it can get in this short time in the series as there is an almost identical feat from N seconds later.

IMG_1853.png

IMG_1865.png

As we can see in this next image, it was around the same distance: N was backed up against one of the support beams, V was in front of the other

I understand if nobody wants to bother calcing this, but my own horrible skill in pixel scaling has really made this one difficult

Can anyone help me calc a laser dodging feat? I suck at pixel scaling and the angles are especially hard. I also want to make a Murder Drones CRT(I’m aware I never commit to that, but in the moment that is something I am interested in.

(For context the lasers are real light: Uzi’s railgun is referred by her[the creator] as a magneticaly amplified Photon Converger, and it is powered by Murder Drone parts.)

in these two images, a character from Murder Drones(Uzi Doorman) dodges a laser from a Murder Drone(J), and as we can see in the first image, there is a horizontal line of light on the screen in the shape of the laser, showing that it was already fired(she waited for around one second after it showed up on the screen to duck
IMG_1848.png

IMG_1861.png

In order to make this easier I’ll also mention that Uzi’s canon height is 4’1 to 4’2

later on we see a wide shot of Uzi and J from above. They moved forward a little bit(just mentioning this to avoid the much closer location in the picture inflating the results), but I circled the areas that they were actually standing when the laser dodging feat happened(with my terrible editing), the black circle is where J was standing and the purple one was where Uzi was standing. (I should mention again that Uzi is around 4’1-4’2 according to the creators, however the fact that she is on the ground probably makes it much more difficult

IMG_1862.png

In order to help a little, here’s a
zoomed in version

IMG_1863.png

I’d also like to acknowledge that this is about as consistent as it can get in this short time in the series as there is an almost identical feat from N seconds later.

IMG_1853.png

IMG_1865.png

As we can see in this next image, it was around the same distance: N was backed up against one of the support beams, V was in front of the other

I understand if nobody wants to bother calcing this, but my own horrible skill in pixel scaling has really made this one difficult
Link the video of it happening (ideally timestamped) so people can take their own measurements.

I can’t seem to figure out how to link the videos so that they are automatically on a certain part when you click it, so I’ll list the individual times below the link here.

The first laser dodging(the Uzi one) is at 23:02-23:04

The image where I showed the distance between them was at 23:51-23:53

for the second laser dodging feat, it was seconds after the first one happening from 23:06-23:08

How would I go about getting the weight of somebody who's as tall as a mountain and made of stone?

How would I go about getting the weight of somebody who's as tall as a mountain and made of stone?
Find the scale factor. Say the person has the proportions of someone who's tall (implying humanoid), divide mountain height (I think our default is 609.6m, 2000 feet) by 1.83m (6ft flat) to get a scale factor of 333.114754098x.

That's length, by the way. Square-cube law, volume scale factor is 36964225.0584x. All based on the idea that the person is 6ft, if they aren't just substitute your known height into the first part and recalculate.

I'd use BMI to get what their weight would be if they were normal sized. Weight = BMI * [height in meters]^2. A BMI of 19-20 is slim, 21-24 is average and 24+ is supposed to be obese, but it doesn't account for muscle so if they're built like a fridge you should use 25 or so. Assuming BMI of... 22? Arbitrary pick. Weight would be 1.83^2 * 22 = 73.6758kg. Divide that by human density (slightly less than water, I use 985kg/m^3 which is kind of arbitrary) to get a volume of 0.07479777m^3.

Multiply your found volume by your volume scale factor to get the scaled-up volume, in this case it's 2.76484147e6 m^3. Multiply by the density of stone, on the wiki I think granite is the go-to which is 2700kg/m^3, and you arrive at your final weight. In this scenario, it's 7.46507198e9kg.

Find the scale factor. Say the person has the proportions of someone who's tall (implying humanoid), divide mountain height (I think our default is 609.6m, 2000 feet) by 1.83m (6ft flat) to get a scale factor of 333.114754098x.

That's length, by the way. Square-cube law, volume scale factor is 36964225.0584x. All based on the idea that the person is 6ft, if they aren't just substitute your known height into the first part and recalculate.

I'd use BMI to get what their weight would be if they were normal sized. Weight = BMI * [height in meters]^2. A BMI of 19-20 is slim, 21-24 is average and 24+ is supposed to be obese, but it doesn't account for muscle so if they're built like a fridge you should use 25 or so. Assuming BMI of... 22? Arbitrary pick. Weight would be 1.83^2 * 22 = 73.6758kg. Divide that by human density (slightly less than water, I use 985kg/m^3 which is kind of arbitrary) to get a volume of 0.07479777m^3.

Multiply your found volume by your volume scale factor to get the scaled-up volume, in this case it's 2.76484147e6 m^3. Multiply by the density of stone, on the wiki I think granite is the go-to which is 2700kg/m^3, and you arrive at your final weight. In this scenario, it's 7.46507198e9kg.
Much appreciated. Though, idk what Square-cube law is/how to apply it in a calc.

Much appreciated. Though, idk what Square-cube law is/how to apply it in a calc.
Pretty much, if you make an object bigger by a factor of Z, its area increases by a factor of Z^2 and it's volume by Z^3. Meaning that if you keep an object the same shape and proportions (which is what we want since the person is still humanoid), you can calculate how much its volume increases.

From there it's just finding the volume of a normal human, increasing it, then multiplying it by the density of stone.

Back