• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Is this type of calculation calc stacking?
Using lightning speed for perception? I can't see why.

Calc stacking dictates that you not use the results from another calc for your own calc unless you're using the size of objects. Things you aren't allowed to use are mainly speed and AP. Using actual determined projectile speeds from IRL calculations (Like bullet velocity, lightning velocity, light velocity, vehicle velocity, etc.) is not calc stacking.

Using lightning speed for perception? I can't see why.

Calc stacking dictates that you not use the results from another calc for your own calc unless you're using the size of objects. Things you aren't allowed to use are mainly speed and AP. Using actual determined projectile speeds from IRL calculations (Like bullet velocity, lightning velocity, light velocity, vehicle velocity, etc.) is not calc stacking.
So In a scaling Chain let's say character A uses Lightning and Character B can react to Lightning from Character A, then character C blitzs character A can I use Lightning Perception for the speed calc?

Appreciate the input

So In a scaling Chain let's say character A uses Lightning and Character B can react to Lightning from Character A,

then character C blitzs character A can I use Lightning Perception for the speed calc?
Assuming Character A is actually in lightning form or using lightning in that exact scenario, yes. But in normal conditions? Nah.

Though the Bleach one is a bit different. Character C (Ichigo) isn't blitzing Character A (Candice), but rather C is blitzing B (Femritter).

@Arc7Kuroi would you be able to explain your calc a bit more on this?

Assuming Character A is actually in lightning form or using lightning in that exact scenario, yes. But in normal conditions? Nah.

Though the Bleach one is a bit different. Character C (Ichigo) isn't blitzing Character A (Candice), but rather C is blitzing B (Femritter).

@Arc7Kuroi would you be able to explain your calc a bit more on this?
Character A has lightning statements + other stuff -> Character A has lightning perceptions -> Character B blitzes Character A. It’s the same method used in some FT calcs, it’s not calc stacking since it doesn’t use another calc to calc itself.

Character A has lightning statements + other stuff -> Character A has lightning perceptions -> Character B blitzes Character A. It’s the same method used in some FT calcs, it’s not calc stacking since it doesn’t use another calc to calc itself.
Hmm so I'm trying to use this method for someone like Gilthunder who uses lightning for his attacks and Meliodas who is able to react to said lightning

Then Guila who's able to keep up with Meliodas and then King who's able to blitz Guila.

And Gilthunder has lightning statements similar to that bleach character.

I see.

Hmm so I'm trying to use this method for someone like Gilthunder who uses lightning for his attacks and Meliodas who is able to react to said lightning

Then Guila who's able to keep up with Meliodas and then King who's able to blitz Guila.

And Gilthunder has lightning statements similar to that bleach character.
Cant comment on the context as that can heavily influence the accuracy of the calc, but if it makes sense for King to be able to blitz Meliodas you can follow the outline of my calc.

Photoshop does as well btw... Think it's called line tool
You hold it and drag the line in any direction and it will tell you the pixels, then you can color the line when the line is created by pressing stroke and selecting a color, you can then even customize the size of the line as well which is under the stroke button

You would need a size of something if you wanna know the length of the thing you are calculating, otherwise you could use assumptions
I didn't find any option to do pixel scaling in the Photoshop app
It is hard to find tho

The problem is that there isn't a option to make any lines in the app, only to put filters or cut the image
Desktop-Screenshot-2022-04-09-04-37-59-04.png
Desktop-Screenshot-2022-04-09-04-39-20-82.png

You literally just click and hold then drag it

Or you mean the mobile version?

Hmm, is it possible to pixel scale in apps like Google docs or slides?

In these two scenes the dragon seems to come quickly from the horizon. Is it correct to use a distance of 20 km to calculate the speed of the dragon?

In these two scenes the dragon seems to come quickly from the horizon. Is it correct to use a distance of 20 km to calculate the speed of the dragon?
He pops out of the clouds above, he's only covering several dozen meters per second at best.

The Distance the Weapon blitzed the girl in the panel
If that is indeed the same weapon in both panels the angsizing looks good.

So for the second scene I can use the height of the clouds to calculate the speed?
Not the height of the clouds. You could maybe use the wingspan of the dragon and calculate how much he covers by going frame by frame.

I feel a little weird for doing this for some reason, but here we go.

The verse I'm doing this for is WWE.

Matt riddle and chad gable are capable of riding laps around the Heritage Bank Center on scooters which has a area of 32,150m^2, or a circumference of 635.62m. Matt and Gable were capable of riding 7 laps of this in 1min and 40sec or roughly, 44m/s Subsonic.

The scooter Matt Riddle uses is a regular scooter. A normal scooter can go at 7 mph. An electric scooter is significantly faster, reaching speeds of up to 15-30 mph, with the fastest scooter reaching speeds of up to 55 mph.

Riddle and Chad rode a regular scooter around the Heritage Bank Center 7 times in 1min and 40sec, or roughly 98mph, so I was wondering if the scooter that was being used isn't normal, or was it the wrestler that's using the scooter isn't normal.

Is there a way this should be calculated, or does it look fine like this?

Okay.. question

There is an equation that gets the velocity of "Wind" needed to "Move" objects. If a character uses "Wind/Air" to shake a "volcano" which subsequently causes cave systems to collapse and causes an earthquake throughout that entire volcanic chain.

Then this idea should be valid right?

Get the Velocity of the Wind, and then use a KE Calc to know how much force that wind needed to cause that earthquake?

I feel a little weird for doing this for some reason, but here we go.

The verse I'm doing this for is WWE.

Matt riddle and chad gable are capable of riding laps around the Heritage Bank Center on scooters which has a area of 32,150m^2, or a circumference of 635.62m. Matt and Gable were capable of riding 7 laps of this in 1min and 40sec or roughly, 44m/s Subsonic.

The scooter Matt Riddle uses is a regular scooter. A normal scooter can go at 7 mph. An electric scooter is significantly faster, reaching speeds of up to 15-30 mph, with the fastest scooter reaching speeds of up to 55 mph.

Riddle and Chad rode a regular scooter around the Heritage Bank Center 7 times in 1min and 40sec, or roughly 98mph, so I was wondering if the scooter that was being used isn't normal, or was it the wrestler that's using the scooter isn't normal.

Is there a way this should be calculated, or does it look fine like this?
Anyone?

I want an opinion on this calculation. I had a discussion with another CGM over Discord, and their gripe was essentially that the author wasn't thinking about the force the character's legs would withstand when landing like that and viewed it as a speed control feat. I disagreed. Most calculations we do the authors don't think about in retrospect. Not to mention Sonic halting his speed to a near halt in mid-air seems unlikely. I think my interpretation is what the author had in mind anyway (As he was clearly leaping/jumping in the scene which requires strong leg muscles in Sonic's case).

The calc in question

Keep in mind, this formula is useable and I've had another calc accepted using the exact same formula. Also to clarify in case it's not clear in my blog, the calc-stacking in this feat is warranted and permissible via vs wiki's standards:

Screenshot-2022-04-12-6-46-54-PM.png

For those worried this is an outlier, don't worry, Sonic currently has a likely Class T rating, scaling to a third of Master Overlord's strength which was evaluated & accepted by a CGM.

Master Overlord's LS scales to/should be above Silver, who has a calculated Lifting Strength of 4.51069518448e+9 Tonnes of Force.

Assuming Sonic scales to a third of this, his likely Lifting Strength tier would be 1,095x higher than what I calculated in this feat. So it's certainly not an outlier, and would only serve as a higher solid rating with the likely rating still co-existing with it. It would only replace the Class M feat he should massively upscale from.

I figured it'd be best to get multiple CGM's opinions, as I feel there's no reason this calculation can't be used. After all, it's not an outlier, and it doesn't violate any rules.

Can someone tell me what is this AP ? I'm making Sandbox profile and I can't finish because missing this Durability
and Also sorry if I use this thread wrong

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what is this AP ? I'm making Sandbox profile and I can't finish because missing this Durability
and Also sorry if I use this thread wrong
Definitely looks to be at least 9-A based on the explosive radius alone but needs a calc.

I’m curious on AP levels for PSI related feats mainly for the WWE verse since there are statements that show shamus and big show can strike with forces of 1322 and 1809 PSI respectively

Back