• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

I want an opinion on this calculation. I had a discussion with another CGM over Discord, and their gripe was essentially that the author wasn't thinking about the force the character's legs would withstand when landing like that and viewed it as a speed control feat. I disagreed. Most calculations we do the authors don't think about in retrospect. Not to mention Sonic halting his speed to a near halt in mid-air seems unlikely. I think my interpretation is what the author had in mind anyway (As he was clearly leaping/jumping in the scene which requires strong leg muscles in Sonic's case).

The calc in question

Keep in mind, this formula is useable and I've had another calc accepted using the exact same formula. Also to clarify in case it's not clear in my blog, the calc-stacking in this feat is warranted and permissible via vs wiki's standards:

Screenshot-2022-04-12-6-46-54-PM.png

For those worried this is an outlier, don't worry, Sonic currently has a likely Class T rating, scaling to a third of Master Overlord's strength which was evaluated & accepted by a CGM.

Master Overlord's LS scales to/should be above Silver, who has a calculated Lifting Strength of 4.51069518448e+9 Tonnes of Force.

Assuming Sonic scales to a third of this, his likely Lifting Strength tier would be 1,095x higher than what I calculated in this feat. So it's certainly not an outlier, and would only serve as a higher solid rating with the likely rating still co-existing with it. It would only replace the Class M feat he should massively upscale from.

I figured it'd be best to get multiple CGM's opinions, as I feel there's no reason this calculation can't be used. After all, it's not an outlier, and it doesn't violate any rules.
I know I only said it yesterday, and apologies if I'm pestering, this is just important, so I do hope it gets a few CGM's attention.

I’m curious on AP levels for PSI related feats mainly for the WWE verse since there are statements that show shamus and big show can strike with forces of 1322 and 1809 PSI respectively
You need the impact area (Likely the boot soles) and the distance travelled post impact (How far the peeps get pushed by the attack) to get joules out of it.

Is there a way to Calculate the speed of a Shockwave?

Google says they move faster then sound but depending on the heat in the air it moves even faster or something 🤔

I don't think i'd be calc stacking if you're calcing the heat from the same scene as the one where the shockwave is produced
But i think in most cases you can just assume the shockwave travels faster than 343m/s

Howdy! Wanted to ask about the energy to split Pangea for the Sam and Max verse as it's a statement that an Eldrich God in the universe was able to do so here

As well as the durability required to completely no sell bullets

I want an opinion on this calculation. I had a discussion with another CGM over Discord, and their gripe was essentially that the author wasn't thinking about the force the character's legs would withstand when landing like that and viewed it as a speed control feat. I disagreed. Most calculations we do the authors don't think about in retrospect. Not to mention Sonic halting his speed to a near halt in mid-air seems unlikely. I think my interpretation is what the author had in mind anyway (As he was clearly leaping/jumping in the scene which requires strong leg muscles in Sonic's case).

The calc in question

Keep in mind, this formula is useable and I've had another calc accepted using the exact same formula. Also to clarify in case it's not clear in my blog, the calc-stacking in this feat is warranted and permissible via vs wiki's standards:

Screenshot-2022-04-12-6-46-54-PM.png

For those worried this is an outlier, don't worry, Sonic currently has a likely Class T rating, scaling to a third of Master Overlord's strength which was evaluated & accepted by a CGM.

Master Overlord's LS scales to/should be above Silver, who has a calculated Lifting Strength of 4.51069518448e+9 Tonnes of Force.

Assuming Sonic scales to a third of this, his likely Lifting Strength tier would be 1,095x higher than what I calculated in this feat. So it's certainly not an outlier, and would only serve as a higher solid rating with the likely rating still co-existing with it. It would only replace the Class M feat he should massively upscale from.

I figured it'd be best to get multiple CGM's opinions, as I feel there's no reason this calculation can't be used. After all, it's not an outlier, and it doesn't violate any rules.
Not sure if there's a suggested waiting limit to bump a post. I felt a few days felt sufficient given this calculation is pretty urgent.

Howdy .w. Wanted to ask the LS for ripping a door off it’s hinges if there is a calc for that already
Not really sure no, you'd need the diameter of the screws holding in the hinges and the number of screws holding it, I doubt you'd get values for the area of the threads on the screws holding the hinges in place.

Back