• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

No.1 Hero Endeavor vs Phoenix King Ozai

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Enji
3811804-4667190998-ozai
Two fathers who are responsible for scarring their sons face. (Though one of them is trying to get better)

Sozin's Comet Ozai, Endeavor is in his second costume, and Speed is Equalized.

Who wins?

Endeavor (4): Therefir, ProfessorLord, Ricsi-viragosi, Steve Rogers1

Ozai (6): Gargoyle One, Litentric Teon, LephyrTheRevanchist, Wokistan, AKM sama, The real cal Howard

Gargoyle One said:
Upon realizing Endevour resists flames, Ozai uses a lightning attack and one shots
Can Ozai survive a 52 tons flame attack that slices like this?

Endeavor one-shots with Hell Spider and Prominence Burn, and given that how fast he used those attacks against High-End, he is probably going to use them before Ozai notices that his flames are not hurting Endeavor at all.

Ozai only needs a single flame to see the problem, (Or the fact that he's literally covered in flames) and then 1 Bolt is enough to win

Gargoyle One said:
Ozai only needs a single flame to see the problem, (Or the fact that he's literally covered in flames) and then 1 Bolt is enough to wi
Speed is Equalized... any reason Endeavor can't dodge?

So, Ozai has lighting manipulation which can snowball into a victory against Endeavor.

Endeavor has prominence flames and certain fire attacks which can snowball into a victory against Ozai.

I guess this fight is who strikes first?

Endeavor can at least dodge Ozai's lightning attacks, but Ozai can't dodge a Hell Spider attack or a Prominence Burn, since those attacks covers too much range and characters faster than Endeavor couldn't dodge them.

Finally coming back to this.

Endeavor is only 8-B with his one attack, and only has city block level durability when it comes to fire attacks. Ozai is far superior to him physically, has greater range, and lightning attacks to boot. Not to mention that Ozai's martial ability should far surpass that of Endeavor, meaning that, should they get into a close range fight, Ozai should dominate.

Endeavor's only saving grace here, is the fact that he is resistant to flames, while Ozai isn't. However, this doesn't mean that Ozai's flames are useless. Far from it. With the except of perhaps the Hell Spider, and even then, Ozai can use his flames to cancel out those of Endeavor, severely hampering Endeavor's only advantage. Not to mention that Ozai has superior range regardless, so not only does Endeavor have to be the one to approach if Ozai keeps back for whatever reason, but when he does approach, Ozai has more options because of his lightning manipulation, which would one shot Endeavor. And his superior physical characteristics and marital ability, which would leave Endeavor wondering what happened by the time the fire lord is finished.

Going Ozai here. Mid diff as Endeavor's resistance to fire manip is a real pain here, but not so much that Ozai won't win.

@Litentric Teon I'm pretty sure that Endeavor's fire can extend to several city blocks away.

Several dozens of meters vs tens of meters

Honestly I never got why we don't just use one or the other.

Yeah according to the Range page we should use tens of meters not dozens.

I'm thinking Ozai FRA as of now.

@TheRustyOne

My mistake. I thought it said "8-B with the Hell Spider" for his tier.

I mean, there is a difference. Even having watched/read the two pieces of media, Ozai should have a rather clear range advantage. And he's more likely to abuse his range than Endeavor, not that it really matters much here.

When I think tens, I think 50 meters and below. For dozens I typically think between 50 and 100 (Though I'm fairly certain Ozai's firebending can reach a hundred meters). But the difference is negligible.

Ozai does not have the range advantage, look at their pages. Also dozens and tens are the same thing. You can't say Ozai is hundred meters since it's not on his profile.

Endeavor has never been shown to fight anyone with his fist, he throws fire at everyone. He won't be fighting Ozai with his fist unless it's a flaming punch, so yes he'll be staying far away from him. Endeavor can one shot Ozai with any fire attack too since his flames are 50 tons and possess piercing power like a sword does. That means they cut as well burn.

Ozai's lightning can be dodged while Endeavor's Hell Spider and Prominence Burn couldn't be dodged by someone who's faster than Endeavor. He couldn't dodge Hell Spider period and Prominence Burn, he had to chop off his head to survive.

But he does. Endeavor is tens while Ozai is dozens. Dozens > Tens. It's on their profiles, which is something I can say. And note, I put Ozai being potentially one hundred meters in parenthesis for a reason. It's pure speculation, and not even part of the main argument.

His flames are only twice as strong as Ozai. A two times AP gap isn't something that can't be overcome.

First and foremost, Ozai can fly. He can still dodge attacks that have a wide AoE through his flight. Gargoyle mentioned dodging capacity earlier iirc. And secondly, as I mentioned earlier, his flames can be used to shield him from the brunt of Endeavor's attacks, allowing Ozai to more easily close the distance. Endeavor isn't opposed to fighting a close ranged fight, otherwise he would've done so against the Nomu, rather than charging in straight first, and melting its head of. It's more than plausible that Ozai would be able to close the distance, and destroy him in CQC.

The lightning provides Ozai with a feasible way to one shot. He could even potentially set it up so it can't be dodged like what he did against Aang. The guy isn't a fool. And having a technique that can be used multiple times that can one shot is far superior to having an AoE attack that can be blocked. Not to mention that Ozai can also use this at close range should he so choose.

Endeavor's flames are over two times stronger and have cutting power, a single slice will cut Ozai straight in half. It's easier to cut than it is the burn or punch. Endeavor is hundreds of meters so he has the range advantage.

High-End could fly and he was unable to avoid Endeavor's attacks even though he was faster than him. Ozai's flight is not going to be a advantage in this fight. Literally Endeavor's first moves were range fire attacks, did you see his fight with High-End? Also Endeavor can hover in the air with his fire, it's not as good as Ozai's but he can move around. (He can't go up)

Someone who can fly and was faster couldn't dodge Endeavor's attack, I doubt Ozai can dodge them when they're equal in speed.

Also, Endeavor and High-End needs to be upgraded, in their calcs I was assuming that a building is 85% hollow, lowering the feat, but according to Kepekley a building is 80% hollow, so Endeavor should be 70.34 tons with Hell Spider now.

Therefir said:
Also, Endeavor and High-End needs to be upgraded, in their calcs I was assuming that a building is 85% hollow, lowering the feat, but according to Kepekley a building 80% hollow, so Endeavor should be 70.34 tons with Hell Spider now.
Please tell me your not joking!? Your sure about that right?

Edit: You'll have to get that evaluated again though.

Father vs Father?

Son vs Son when?

@TheRustyOne I don't know if it need another evaluation, I just fixed a small error.

Anyway, Ozai has demonstrated better flight abilities and overall mobility and is known to spam the hell out of his lightning. Along with other reasons stated above, my vote goes to the Phoenix King.

Did you guys just upgrade his range? You guys keep telling me I was wrong when his profile was simply not up to date. While I appreaciate being corrected, I would rather the information on the profile be correct, or be given some form of evidence on this thread as opposed to going contrary to what the profile has on it.

Even still, my other points remain, barring the potential widening of the AP gap due to the potential revision of the calculation. Which makes the gap around 3-4 times (Too much for Ozai to handle imo). Cutting attacks can be dodged, unless you mean he has some kind of sword of flames that is several hundreds of meters wide. And the flames to block the technique doesn't mean that Ozai is just going to be standing there while his flames are smothered. Giving that we're using piercing qualities, the same would apply to his lightning. And he's still far superior in CQC, which is what he's highly likely to be aiming to engage in. And, once again, Endeavour doesn't seem to mind engaging in CQC. He's not the type to instantly play a game of keep away. Once again, he's been shown to charge straight at a Nomu before, so it's unlikely that he would reject Ozai's advances, instead opting to try to show him up in CQC. Which would fail miserably.

But lastly, it's not as though these cutting attacks will slice through the barriers instantaneously. The flames also have a velocity and intensity of their own, which will provide some push back, and a precious few seconds for Ozai to actually move, dodge, and get closer to Endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back