• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was under the impression projectiles and ranged attacks stayed proportionally fast, like if a character uses a gun and the bullets from it are faster than the charater even if speed is equalized to ftl the bullet remains faster than the character?

Insert creative name here 12 said:
Wouldn't it cause it to detonate also even if Ozai's Lightning was like 2x his base power Endeavour still is stronger than that and again he can dodge it.
Why would it detonate? It's not an explosion like Sparky Sparky Boom man, it's just lightning which would go right through Endeavour's fire because they're both not physical things.

Bob8999 said:
i was under the impression projectiles and ranged attacks stayed proportionally fast, like if a character uses a gun and the bullets from it are faster than the charater even if speed is equalized to ftl the bullet remains faster than the character?
also i would like to know if this is the case or not.

In the event of equal speed projectiles produced from the combatant are equalised however projectiles from a device retain their speed.

"People in fiction can slice lightning therefore this specific character can slice lightning"

No.

You can't make that argument. So right now Ozai paralyses Endeavour.

while he can dodge it from a statistical standpoint that doesnt mean he can/will every single time, he could get cornered, trapped, have to use his body as a sheild so people dont get hit by it (he is still a hero.), thats the thing about fights the circumstances change, the fight itself changes, we cant just assume he will dodge evey single one, speed is equal that means theres a chance ozai can/will hit endeavor to.

How would he get cornered while flying, why wouldn't he dodge an electric attack he isn't an idiot, what people? Lightning would be far easier to dodge than fire due to inferior aoe and the charge up time for the attack

ever heard of a cave or a cliff or basically any natural rock formation ever or the interior of any building ever? it might give him some sort of tactical or stratigical advantage in the moment or it might be a way to gage his opponents strength, location wasnt specified so by sba the fight takes place in centeral park and last time i checked thats in the middle of one of the most densely and highly populated cities in the world.

Wait, what? What people? There are no special conditions added to this fight from what I've read, so assuming it's SBA, it's just the two of them at Max range in Central Park, since there is no outside influence whatsoever meant to be present. There's no way Ozai is cornering someone stronger and more resistant to flame than him. Also it takes a slight charge up time for Ozai to shoot lightning, and Endeavor will notice it after, or probably even during, the first time he tries it, so he can just prepare to dodge or attack Ozai so he can't do it.

Also how does Ozai dodge Endeavor getting close and using Hell Spider or any of his other Flashfire Fist moves? They both fight at range, but tend to get up close against their opponents anyway, and I don't think Ozai has ever dodged anyone with Endeavor's level of AoE and precision.

Also Endeavor batted away his own flames that were shot back at him by a Nomu during the Stain arc, so even if Ozai could bend them, which is doubtful considering Ozai hasn't bended fire more potent than his own, they wouldn't do anything to him.

except it doesnt provide a large advantage to either character. i mean endeavor has 2x ozai´s ap and is resistant to fire. essentialy ozai´s only way to win is lightning, location just gives him another way to hit endeavor so the advantage location gives him is negligible in comparison to endeavor´s natural advantages.

the point of my bending the fire argument wasnt to use it to hit endeavor it was to make it harder to hit ozai and harder for endeavor to use his ap advantage, im not saying ozai stomps or even wins im saying the fight will be harder then y´all are making it out to be. also a 2x advantage isnt even all that much ozai should still be able to damage and harm endeavor.

It's actually a 3.2x difference in AP, and Endeavor tanks and bats away his own flames like they're nothing, only wearing down over prolonged periods of time using the utmost limit of his power, and he can still keep going after hitting said limit, so his dura against fire is actually higher than the AP diff.

he didnt tank and bat away his own flames, the flames the noumu shot out were far less consentrated, condensed or powerful then the blast that give him his ap.

Ozai cannot redirect Endeavor's fire. No Firebendering in the OG show has ever redirect anothers fire during battle. All Firebenders either dodge or use their own fire as a shield.

Note: I've not seen Korra or read the comics.

i dont remember it very well, its been far to long since the last time i even touched avatar. (well far to long for me atleast, my memories horrible.)

TheRustyOne said:
Ozai cannot redirect Endeavor's fire. No Firebendering in the OG show has ever redirect anothers fire during battle. All Firebenders either dodge or use their own fire as a shield.
Note: I've not seen Korra or read the comics.
They can, Wan for example literally redirected fire back at the Firebenders attacking the Spirits when he acted as their guardian, in Agni Kai's the Firebenders constantly negate fire through their fire bending to stop themselves from getting burned.

In the scene where Aang is trying to stop the drill from the top Azula fires a blast at him and he negates it then as well (And no he wasn't using Airbending as there wasn't any of the airbending effects at all)

During the scene where Zuko fights Azula on the way out of the Boiling Rock Azula fires a blast of Fire at Zuko and he negates it.

Seconds after she fires another blast and again negates it.

In the fight with Zuko he Asula on the warships at the Western(?) Airtemple they both negate and redirect each other's attacks away from themselves.

In the first Agni Kai we see Zhao is constantly redirecting Zuko's attacks away from him and so is Zuko.

So yeah, they constantly redirect fire, what are you on about?

In the event of equal speed projectiles produced from the combatant are equalised however projectiles from a device retain their speed.

That's not how it works. All speed is equalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back