• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Aang vs Deku
  • Battle location: Canyon where Ozai and Aang fought
  • Both in-character
  • Speed is equalized
  • Base Season 3 Aang and 8% Deku are used. Sozin’s Comet is active
Aang:

Deku:

Both befriend each other:

Last edited:
Deku’s AP upscales from Bakugo’s durability of withstanding his own Howitzer Impact, so it’s 5.8 kilotons.

Aang’s AP comes from the variety of different feats he displayed using his bending when fighting Ozai. His water bending feat is 32 kilotons, his casual Earthbending to block one of Ozai’s attacks was 222 tons and he should be capable of much more, his casual fire bending was 2.61 kilotons, which should also be much higher since he used his fire bending the least even while in his Avatar state and is also empowered by Sozin’s Comet. His air bending doesn’t really display any feats, but it still gives him great versatility and maneuverability. So he has several feats which support his 7-C scaling.

Last edited:
So looking at it, Aang’s physical strength is unknown, and he is only class M with Bending (assuming he scales to his season 3 self) so blackwhip can be used and a single grab might end aang’s career, as bending requires hand movements from what I remember. Despite the 5.5x ap gap, aang’s durability doesn’t seem to go up during the avatar state, his town level only being with shields (please correct me if I’m wrong).
Funnily enough Aang can’t see through smokescreen, he can blow it away certainly, but it will still give Deku enough time to run around Aang for surprise attacks or to charge up fa-Jin. Combined with deku’s genius combat intellect And god tier analytical prediction + danger sense, it Shouldn’t take long for Deku to figure out aang’s preferred methods of fighting and get in close for the black whip grab, spelling game over for Aang with no way to escape without his bending.
Float and Air Force means he can keep up to areal combat With his own true flight by his side, and aang’s versatility dies once he figures out it’s only elemental, Aang doesn’t use his firebending often iirc, and his water bending, what else, requires a source of what nearby. The Valley may have some water, but certainly not enough to stop an instant black whip attack from grappling him into submission.
Also the mid gauntlets and iron soles provide immeasurable Defense in this fight. Both items are in Mountain durability with iron soles in large mountain. Any of aang’s projectiles can be blocked with a movement of the gauntlets or a kick from the soles. Combined with the iron soles double impact he has good combo damage with near impenetrable defense and with the versatility his quirks provide he should have no problem taking this in the long run

Aang does heavy damage with water bending, I know this isn’t a stated rule but if someone has over a 5 times AP advantage they should be breaking bones with a single hit

Last edited:
Aang does heavy damage with water bending, I know this isn’t a stated rule but if someone has over a 5 times AP advantage they should be breaking bones with a single hit
I mean you have my little analysis for reasons to vote for Deku above

This is Kid Aang avatar state from Ozai battle, Deku must destroy first his quadra elemental forcefield that acts as a shield and as a weapon

So every vote saying ""GG Blackwhip" how is gonna work if the forcefield literally regenerates itself and can use every single rock and water from the battlefield as he pleases

And when he is in avatar state, all his elements are equal, the only exception would be that his firebending has the Sozin amp, but air, water and earth are 32 kilotons each

Deku LS = 1142.76 Tons (Class M)
Aang LS with bending= 2494.0726199999999 Tons (After transforming units)

Info about their LS difference

Deku LS = 1142.76 Tons (Class M)
Aang LS with bending= 2494.0726199999999 Tons (After transforming units)

Info about their LS difference
Nope, Deku scales to Ryukyu, who’s equal to Nejire’s 100% which many times higher than her 30% which is around 3200 tons (Class M)

This is Kid Aang avatar state from Ozai battle, Deku must destroy first his quadra elemental forcefield that acts as a shield and as a weapon

So every vote saying ""GG Blackwhip" how is gonna work if the forcefield literally regenerates itself and can use every single rock and water from the battlefield as he pleases

And when he is in avatar state, all his elements are equal, the only exception would be that his firebending has the Sozin amp, but air, water and earth are 32 kilotons each
Because Deku is higher in LS. He can just, catch the rocks and throw them back.
And he needs a single crack to get through Aang’s shield, so if Aang isn’t able to throw out 6 homing shots all traveling faster than Deku at a speed which should blitz his base (compared to this match) than Aang is not hitting Deku while Deku’s continually throwing attacks to break Aang’s shield or can just win through tiring him out.
And yes Blackwhip grabs through the hurricane shield or if it’s solid he just grabs the ball with said blackwhip

Nope, Deku scales to Ryukyu, who’s equal to Nejire’s 100% which many times higher than her 30% which is around 3200 tons (Class M)
How does Ryukyu scale to 100% Nejire at all? Nejire far surpassed her mentor, and Ryukyu was never shown fighting any of the Nomu like she did. She just barely put up a fight against Shigaraki. Don’t see how the scaling works there.

How does Ryukyu scale to 100% Nejire at all? Nejire far surpassed her mentor, and Ryukyu was never shown fighting any of the Nomu like she did. She just barely put up a fight against Shigaraki. Don’t see how the scaling works there.
No no no.
That Nejire is Class T
Ryukyu scales to Overhaul arc/Rise of the Villains Saga Nejire’s 100%

Because Deku is higher in LS.
Higher that Aang bending? Not true Edit: I did not see the other feat Deku has, ignore this
And he needs a single crack to get through Aang’s shield
Good luck with a 5.5 Ap disadvantage and his Air attacks not being as strong as his punches+ Aang would just redirect the Air if he wants
And yes Blackwhip grabs through the hurricane shield
Blackwhip grabbing through air,water and fire 5.5 times strongers that his AP, sure

Higher that Aang bending? Not true
Quote from Deku’s profile Managed to briefly yank Shigaraki, a feat that required all of Ryukyu's strength to replicate

Quote from Ryukyu’s profile’s Lifting Strength Section: Capable of pushing Katsukame several dozen meters across the street, with Katsukame being able to resist attacks that could push giant villains who weighted this much.
I can get the manga panels if you want for Nejire Stating the percentages she uses of Katsukame and the Giant Villains (well, more likely the anime, I’m on my phone)

my phone can’t read edits very well forgive me
Don´t worry then

I will go to sleep, my last point

Aang has the experience of 175 to 181 persons that have to fought different wars, endure different trials and were always trying to bring balance to the world

Deku has the powers of 7 heroes (I am not gonna count right now) and that 7 heroes can help him, but 181 vs 7 people is massive

Deku has the powers of 7 heroes (I am not gonna count right now) and that 7 heroes can help him, but 181 vs 7 people is massive
Aang can’t directly access his previous lives in-battle, while the previous OFA users are now constantly speaking to him during his fights.

I'll vote for Deku as well due to his extra Quirks and fighting experience allowing him to overcome Deku, not to mention that Aang himself doesn't have 7-C durability, meaning he'd be critically injured if not defeated if Deku manages to hit him.

I'll vote for Deku as well due to his extra Quirks and fighting experience allowing him to overcome Deku, not to mention that Aang himself doesn't have 7-C durability, meaning he'd be critically injured if not defeated if Deku manages to hit him.
He has 8-B durability if I’m correct, so one tap from anything out right kills him

He has 8-B durability if I’m correct, so one tap from anything out right kills him
It doesn't say what Aang's regular durability is on his profile, only that he has 7-C durability with Shields. But regardless, even if it's not 8-B durability, it should be substantially lower than town level, so yea Aang would be a goner if he gets hit.

It doesn't say what Aang's regular durability is on his profile, only that he has 7-C durability with Shields. But regardless, even if it's not 8-B durability, it should be substantially lower than town level, so yea Aang would be a goner if he gets hit.
Actually looking at it, his durability is carrying over, so he has 9-A durability (small building), so I have a feeling Deku can win with a lucky wind gust

what if I said Deku gets frozen by Aang. Would you guys respond by Deku breaking the ice even though he’s basically paralyzed?

Back