• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Point is Todoroki’s fire still scales to 7-C while Zuko’s is only 8-B. So Todoroki can easily devour Zuko’s flames

Point is Todoroki’s fire still scales to 7-C while Zuko’s is only 8-B. So Todoroki can easily devour Zuko’s flames
That is not how fire works at all, what a horrible reasoning.

Fire's rating is absurd and I've explained this multiple times and it seems like people don't care to learn. They rather live in ignorance. Apologies for the rude statement but I've been dealing with this for years, and even after removing the stupid rating on his profile, people are still bringing it up as if it matters.

I'm just tired of this. Not to mean any disrespect towards you, this is most directed towards myself for being so incompetent.

I just don't understand what I'm suppose to do.

Todoroki can somewhat use Flashfire Fist, he never learned how to do it but he still attempted to do so against Tetsu. However we have no idea if he could pull it off. Since he spent most of his life refusing to use his fire side, he only heard what Endeavor told him but never put it into practice.

Only on his ice side did he practice.

Fire's rating is absurd and I've explained this multiple times and it seems like people don't care to learn. They rather live in ignorance. Apologies for the rude statement but I've been dealing with this for years, and even after removing the stupid rating on his profile, people are still bringing it up as if it matters.
Ngl idk why the calc is still on the verse’s page

Even ignoring the AP side of things, Todoroki’s fire has a far higher AOE and also higher temperature to my knowledge

And none of the firebenders actually have fire resistance to my knowledge. So Zuko could be taken out of commission by a direct Todoroki attack while Todoroki can tank many of Zuko’s fire attacks

And none of the firebenders actually have fire resistance to my knowledge. So Zuko could be taken out of commission by a direct Todoroki attack while Todoroki can tank many of Zuko’s fire attacks
correct
an Agni Kai is quite literally the firebending duel of choice, and it ends when one gets burned by the other

I'm voting for Todoroki here. He can take any kind of fire attack Zuko can throw at him with ease, while the same can not be said in reverse.

At range I don't see how Zuko can take him down, and getting up close would be hard and wouldn't help that much either. Todoroki's wider AOE attacks will be hard to avoid up close and getting frozen would be bad for him, as cold temperatures are a weakness to fire benders in general.

Not like super weakness or anything, and I imagine Sozin's Comet would make this even less of a problem. Todoroki can regulate his stamina far better and can cool himself down if he gets too hot from all of Zuko's fire bending. Giant Ice Wall could also close the match, such wide range/size that'd be very hard to avoid.

Todoroki is more versatile with fire/ice, can resist Zuko's main method of attack, possess superior range, and large AOE attacks that Zuko will struggle to avoid.

Zuko is far better up close and his fire control is superior, but I don't believe those advantage will be enough to overcome Todoroki.

Also voting for Todoroki. If he defeated Azula in a previous match, then I don't see how Zuko would do much better. He doesn't have nearly the same amount of finesse, techniques, and skill that Azula did, even if he did learn the origins of firebending. He can't lightning bend either, and there'd be nothing to redirect here. Todoroki's giant ice walls can block Zuko's large fire blasts, and even if his control over his flames isn't as perfect, he can still use it well enough.

an Agni Kai is quite literally the firebending duel of choice, and it ends when one gets burned by the other
Just gonna clear this up. Being burned in a duel doesn't mean they don't have fire resistance. In fact, not being burned by your own flames is stated to be instinctual for firebenders. It's been noted that skilled firebenders can hold melting metal in their hands without injuring themselves. But our Avatar pages are missing abilities like that so it is what it is. When it comes down fire to fire, I think Zuko actually has the advantage, with the ability to outright extinguish his enemy's flames. (Not a big MHA fan so maybe Todoroki can do the same in return, but I haven't seen anything like that mentioned in this thread or on his page.)

Saying all that, I do think that Todoroki has some advantages here, but I feel they're mostly ice based. And from what I understand this version of Todoroki prefers his ice attacks as well, which plays into that. Zuko would probably struggle to handle giant ice constructs being spammed at him. I'll give my vote to Todoroki for now.

Um… Zuko has the skill to fight fire benders that output large amount of fire. Like… He can disperse flames with large AOE skillfully. So how is AOE one of the advantages for Todoroki in this fight?

Todoroki is more versatile with fire/ice

Elaborate.

Because I’m pretty sure Zuko is more skilled than him unless you’re referring to simply having more powers (ice).

possess superior range,

im pretty sure Zuko’s range is hundreds of meters with Sozin’s Comet. He just prefers to disperse and deflect large amounts of fire power with smaller bursts. If Zuko wanted to go for range, he should reach the levels of random sozin comet fodders that can reach the ground from several hundred meters in the air in a battle ship.

uh 7 votes? Well that was quick but atleast grace could begin now

Thank you participating guys!

Also voting for Todoroki. If he defeated Azula in a previous match, then I don't see how Zuko would do much better. He doesn't have nearly the same amount of finesse, techniques, and skill that Azula did, even if he did learn the origins of firebending. He can't lightning bend either, and there'd be nothing to redirect here. Todoroki's giant ice walls can block Zuko's large fire blasts, and even if his control over his flames isn't as perfect, he can still use it well enough.
Let's say there is storm in there figth, Zuko has free lightning to re direct 😀

Um… Zuko has the skill to fight fire benders that output large amount of fire. Like… He can disperse flames with large AOE skillfully. So how is AOE one of the advantages for Todoroki in this fight?
Shoto's Giant Ice Wall can cover nearly a kilometer in an instant, and is hundreds of meters thick, and his fire was able to affect this entire structure and melt it.

Meanwhile Zuko's largest fire attack was 115 meters in diameter, a few dozen meters thick.

Last edited:
Shoto's Giant Ice Wall can cover nearly a kilometer in an instant, and is hundreds of meters thick, and his fire was able to affect this entire structure and melt it.

Meanwhile Zuko's largest fire attack was 115 meters in diameter, a few dozen meters thick.

Lol, Fire benders can causally produce this much fire at this much distance with the Sozin’s Comet amp. The following feats were performed by fire bending soldiers and Ozai.

IMG_9364.png

IMG_9368.png

And they can let it keep flowing continuously, they were going to keep letting this flow till the entire expanse of land is submerged in fire. There is no reason to say Zuko can’t perform these feats when necessary. And in this case it’s absolutely necessary since this isn’t some Agni Kai match where Zuko needs to worry about trashing the place and killing whoever lived nearby (cough Katara cough civilians)

Moreover, Zuko can melt the ice easily. While weakened by cold weather and lack of sunlight he was able to escape being drowned by melting the ice quickly sealing his path while under freezing water early in the series. Also, while there was sunlight but still in cold weather, Zuko easily negged Katara’s ice that restrained him with the heat of his exhale (unless he warmed his own body up which will count as heat resistance). Now imagine what an Sozin Comet Amped Zuko will do against Todoroki’s ice. Zuko will easily melt them, and he can continuously keep fire flowing until Todoroki’s body temperature decline forces him to stop with his ice flow.

Last edited:
Also Zuko will bring this fight close range and skill **** Todoroki easily. Todorki, who barely has control over his fire side and is okay with his ice side, is up against a very skilled fighter and bender like Zuko.

The same Zuko who can take on multiple skilled fire nation soldiers on his own.

The same Zuko who beat Zhao — a former lieutenant, captain, commander and admiral of the Fire Nation Army, who was also taught by Jeoung Jeoung to become a fire bending Master— in an Agni kai match.

The same Zuko who beat Azula — A prodigee who is a more skilled fighter than Zhao — in an Agni Kai match.

etc.

Todoroki was even regarded as a careless fighter by Stain for relying on his quirk too much iirc. Zuko not only utilize bending but also engages in physical hand to hand combat. So coupled with all this with Zuko’s acrobatics… Todoroki has no chance against Zuko close range combat.

“Todoroki is more versatile”, Zuko can make several weapons in all shapes and sizes with his fire bending. Zuko can breathe fire and use it to enhance his skills and mobility. Create fire based forcefeilds, etc.

What Arnold said. Book 1 Zuko swims a marathon in freezing waters and can melt ice with just his body heat while not being able to breath, breathing being the most vital part of fire bending outside of the sun. Ice really isn’t an issue.
Brother, not only that fire cone doesn't even reach a hundred meters in any way, but it was performed by the strongest fire bender, which Zuko isn't currently scaling from in his profile.
While you’re correct it doesn’t reach 100m, scan Arnold linked before of the airship fleets shows other firebenders matching Ozai’s range. Zuko > Azula > random goons.
And in order to melt Shoto's Giant Ice Wall, you will need City levels of powers because of how big that thing, it's impossible for Zuko to melt it.
That argument would make Shoto 7-B, which he isn’t, so I dunno why you’d bring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back