• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I heard that Air benders can actually pull the air out of a victim's lungs.
That would probably stop working if the target is strong enough to disperse air, and in the Korra series it did take some time to kill a normal old woman.

Aang wouldn't resolve on something like that in-character, and Zaheer is capable of doing so because the woman is old and probably can't fight in the first place.

Yeah, Aang is adverse to killing. In the Yangchen novel, Yangchen sucked the air out of the room to knock some people unconscious, but I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't even use it like that. But regarding Zaheer's use of it against an old person, Korra in the comics was able to create air spheres for her and Asami and put it around their heads so that they could breathe in a room full of poison, and maintained concentration on the spheres while they were moving around. So it can be maintained around moving targets; Zaheer had just gained airbending just a few days ago, so he was still a novice.

The only possible wincon I see for Aang acting ic is if he puts a ball of air over Deku's head to make him pass out, not to kill him. And for those who say that Deku could disperse the air, it should be filled with Aang's chi while he concentrates on the ball.

Back