• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nigh-unlimited Stamina for Sosuke Aizen Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
AppleLord said:
We should add that weakness too. Everything Yhwach breaks with Almighty doesn't regenerate but after Yhwach was killed Aizen grew his arm back in Muken. We can assume his heart and arms grew back thanks to the Hogyoku protecting him which possess the Nail/Claw of the Soul King."
Okay see this I agree with. Also, suppose Yhwach did nullify Aizens KS. That doesnt mean that he still has unlimited stamina. Alot of spirit energy? Sure. That was why Aizen was a war power. But I have doubts for unlimited or nigh unlimited. Not gonna be incredulous though, I guess reading the totality of everything (Even tho the muken point is pretty weak imo) I will switch to neutral. I want to hear IMades thoughts.

I dont have this burning disagrement with Nigh Unlimited Stamina, but there might be a more accurate term. Perhaps Indefinite Stamina? Or Quick Stamina Recovery could also work. Idk, want to hear IMades thoughts before I comment further. Edit: Also, I had finals today and I am running on three hours of sleep. Have mercy if my memory is foggy.

Indefinite Stamina would work; but as pointed out with my battery example, it would be absurd, at the very least, to see a battery that physically cannot ever cease putting out power and claim 'Well that's not infinite energy because you are obviosuly depleting it from being a full battery'.

The semantics distinctions here are somewhat off-track and don't engage the point that Aizen provably has unlimited energy and energy equates to stamina in Bleach, so he has some form of infinite stamina

Ichigo mentioned against the Visoreds when Hiyori had him running on the treadmill that the whole point of the treadmill was to drain his Reiatsu after running until his Reiatsu was out.

That's proof Reiatsu = Stamina.

Also, as Rin mentioned above, Fairy Heart Zeref has this ability for the exact same reasoning.

Taking into account all context, and with someone who is reliably trusted on Bleach having weighed in on points already-covered:

Unless someone can definitively disprove the idea that a battery which, when actively drained, can never run out of energy is able to be described as having infinite energy, this is an open-and-shut addition to Sosuke Aizen's profile.

Hmm, there is something a bit off about that. If Ichigo was running on an ordinary treadmill, he wouldn't be having his Spiritual Energy drained. So if his stamina went down on an ordinary treadmill he'd still have all of his Spiritual Energy, right?

Not really. He just said that the treadmill was designed to drain reiryoku, not that a normal treadmill wouldn't use up his energy. Doing anything in his spiritual form would drain his reiryoku as seen with him physically exerting himself and losing energy.

When the treadmill was "design to drain his spiritual energy" pool to text his stamina but you call it a "normal treadmill" for some reason. .-.

AppleLord said:
When the treadmill was "design to drain his spiritual energy" pool to text his stamina but you call it a "normal treadmill" for some reason. .-.
Sorry if my original post was unclear.

I meant that he only seemed to run out of energy because he was running on a treadmill that sapped his spiritual energy as he ran. If Spiritual Energy = Stamina then that feature seems to be unnecessary.

Damage3245 said:
AppleLord said:
Sorry if my original post was unclear.

I meant that he only seemed to run out of energy because he was running on a treadmill that sapped his spiritual energy as he ran. If Spiritual Energy = Stamina then that feature seems to be unnecessary.
Shinji wanted to see how much time Ichigo can last with his spiritual energy on the machine before collapsing out of exhaustion, so they could begin his Hollowfication training. Spiritual energy = stamina. .-.

offtopic

to think about it : Isshin was constantly pouring his reiatsu into the koryu current, for 3 months straight without taking a break and without even eating

i know he is nowhere near to TYBW Aizen, but Isshin's feat is quite impressive as well

Antvasima said:
So what are the conclusions here?
3 users disagree and the rest agree.

There's also a direct manga page in which Ichigo makes it clear that running out of Reiatsu means he's out of stamina.

Thus, since Aizen has never-ending Reiatsu (revealed to be the reason for his immortality by Mayuri), it's direct proof of his nigh-unlimited stamina.

@IMade; Aizen's never-ending Reiatsu isn't the cause of his immortality, it is a byproduct.

Circulation of Reiatsu will not stop unless a Shinigami's heart stops beating - and since Aizen can't have his heart stopped (due to being immortal), his flow of Reiatsu can't be stopped either.

Damage3245 said:
Circulation of Reiatsu will not stop unless a Shinigami's heart stops beating - and since Aizen can't have his heart stopped (due to being immortal), his flow of Reiatsu can't be stopped either.
That implies that Shinji wanted to kill Ichigo.

Shinji wanted Ichigo to collapse when the machine drained all of his energy to see how much days he would last before his hollification training began.

Aizen has had his heart destroyed on multiple instances, yet his Reiatsu didn't stop, but his heart regenerated.

It's a combination of Regenerationn from his Reiatsu.

Should be fine as well as these abilities.

Type 2: Nutritional Self-Sustenance: The ability to survive indefinitely without food or water (or whatever the species of creature would generally rely on for nutritional value). This may provide resistance to poisons.

And possibly Type 3: Restful Self-Sustenance: The ability to continue acting forever without rest or need for sleep. These users of this ability require no rest and do not run out of energy, or even feel tired. This ability denotes practically infinite stamina and may support a resistance to certain types of Sleep Manipulation.

Type 2 for sure.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Aizen has had his heart destroyed on multiple instances, yet his Reiatsu didn't stop, but his heart regenerated.
Why would Mayuri say that it is impossible to stop the hearts of the prisoners inside Muken? If Aizen's heart could be stopped multiple times, that seems contradictory.

Damage3245 said:
Why would Mayuri say that it is impossible to stop the hearts of the prisoners inside Muken? If Aizen's heart could be stopped multiple times, that seems contradictory.
Is not. Aizen's Regenerationn comes from the Hogokyoku's protection which has a will of its own. Aizen doesn't possess Regenerationn powers since himself said so. Regenerating his heart with zero spiritual energy isn't a contradiction because the Hogyoku is doing the work for him, and using zero of his energy.

@IMade

I suppose that this seems to make sense then.

I really don't think that Aizen's Reiatsu alone is the reason for why he is immortal. He became immortal after fusing with the Hogyoku (first directly to be mentioned in chapter 421 IIRC), so it seems that would be responsible for why he is undying.

There are no contradictions.

Manga tells us why he can't be killed therefore that is why he can't be killed. Asking questions nonstop doesn't change the explanation in any way made by one the smartest scientist in the series.

The knowledge we have:

Per Mayuri, directly: Aizen is immortal. His reiryoku cannot be halted from being produced because his heart can't be stopped. As a result, he has an unending stream of reiryoku.

Aizen has been bodily destroyed by Yhwach, as well as impaled center mass. He was seen to be perfectly fine, regardless of Yhwach's direct statement supported by feats that anything broken by his power can never be made whole, even by Orihime Inoue's rejection of causality. It took the creation of a new timeline thanks to Book of the End combined with her power to undo a single sword being broken with Yhwach's power. Aizen was perfectly fine after being impaled, having an arm removed, and then bodily annihilated by Yhwach's power.

He is immortal. His heart will never stop. His heart will endlessly produce reiryoku he can exert as reiatsu, reiryoku is equivalent to stamina for spirit bodies, thus Aizen has nigh-infinite stamina

@Xulrev; I believe this is the point where it breaks down for me: ' His heart will endlessly produce reiryoku he can exert as reiatsu '

Yes, Aizen will continuously produce Reiryoku, but I don't see how that is any different from another other Shinigami producing Reiryoku? The only reason why Aizen can do it without end is that he will live forever, whereas other Shinigami will eventually die.

Mayuri himself states that a 'Soul Reaper's spiritual pressure springs eternally', not just Aizen specifically.

Other Soul Reapers get exhausted and require external factors such as food and water to survive; their reiryoku will deplete naturally. Aizen does not, and his will not. He is not comparable to other Soul Reapers in this manner as a result since his energy is self-sufficient and unending.

Damage3245 wrote
Mayuri himself states that immortal 'Soul Reapers' sealed in muken have spiritual pressure that springs eternally', not just Aizen specifically.

FTFY

AppleLord said:
Damage3245 wrote
Mayuri himself states that immortal 'Soul Reapers' sealed in muken have spiritual pressure that springs eternally', not just Aizen specifically.
FTFY
He says 'a Soul Reaper's spiritual pressure springs eternally'. Not just those in Muken. Hence why he says that it cannot be stopped unless their heart is stopped which applies to almost every Soul Reaper.

He only mentions the prisoners in Muken later when commenting that their hearts specifically cannot be stopped.

Damage3245 said:
AppleLord said:
Damage3245 wrote
FTFY
He says 'a Soul Reaper's spiritual pressure springs eternally'. Not just those in Muken. Hence why he says that it cannot be stopped unless their heart is stopped which applies to almost every Soul Reaper.
He only mentions the prisoners in Muken later when commenting that their hearts specifically cannot be stopped.

The only way to stop spirit energy is by stopping the soul reapers hearth and since they cannot eliminate spirit pressure from the immortals they decided to restrain it.

PIS. Kubo has a habit of forgetting things if you ask me. I think this is nothing to sweat about, considering how contradictory the last arc was. This was explained multiple times in the manga and it has evidence backing it up. One statement of contradiction doesnt shift the discussion from the 6 times the above has been proven right/basically right. It honestly isnt a big deal, i prefer Stamina Regen, but nigh-unlimited stamina seems fine.

Since the majority seem to agree it should be fine to add, but I personally don't think that Nigh-Unlimited Stamina is the right term for it.

Right now I'm busy. Anyone who offers to do so is welcome, but only if @ant approves it first.

Be sure to add something like this as well. We don't want any NLF around here do we now.

"If Aizen's heart is destroyed during combat, his stamina and source of spiritual energy diminishes until the Hogyoku regenerates his heart. As such abilities such as Kyoka Suigetsu that requiere a lot of spiritual energy to work, will get deactivated as shown in his battle with Yhwach, after the Quincy blew up his heart."

Everything you said here is literally your headcanon that you based off of Tsukishima not having the same Reiryoku as Aizen to use Kyouka Suigeteu properly like Aizen.

It's not an NLF already based on how the Hogyoku functions and Aizen's Regenerationn/immortality.

Everything you said here is literally your headcanon that you based off of Tsukishima not having the same Reiryoku as Aizen to use Kyouka Suigeteu properly like Aizen.
It's not an NLF already based on how the Hogyoku functions and Aizen's Regenerationn/immortality.
Tsunayashiro, you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back