• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Tiering System was applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
So, I am fairly certain everyone here has already taken notice of that, but just as a heads up: the new tiering system is already up, so y'all who support verses that may qualify for the higher tiers (or that may be downgraded) may want to do some threads regarding that.

There is also the fact High 2-A doesn't really exist anymore, so characters currently ranked at this level will probably need to have their pages edited.

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
So high 2-A is now low 1C just to clarify???
Yes

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Do we start the revisions for the tier 1 characters
Yes

Ionliosite said:
It's good that I don't have any Tier 1 verse. *Remembers Daimaou* Is good Matt already agreed on 1-A.
You still have to create a Revision to prove its valid to the current Tiering system

So what's the requirements for tiers 1-A and High 1-A? I don't understand all these mathematic words lol I need someone to break it down more for me simple Also does transcending the concepts of dimensions work for 1-A anymore. ?

I really love it

Pointing out some minor thing; "Hence, they must either be placed at Unknown or simply reasonably scale relative to their best friends, provided they are not outliers or something of the sort, of course." Why friends? Seems kinda random in such a well done job.

Just a few minor stuff about the format that I want to point out.

Tier 6-4 are missing the word threat after tectonic, planetary and stellar respectively

Tier 2 and Tier 1 has an extra tier 2-C, tier 1-C, tier 1-B and tier 1-A respectively for no reason. I think that's some leftover stuff from the previous tiering system.

Also why do some of the tiers have a | instead of :

And tier 2 and tier 1 descriptions for the sub tiers aren't spaced down one like all the previous tiers.

The Tier with the ":" are supposed to be the categories themselves, while the ones with the "|" are supposed to be the sub-tiers.

"Infinite-dimensional spaces and objects can qualify for this tier iff they are either provably infinite in all of their axes. or can be safely assumed to be so, while characters who only encompass finitely-sized subsets of each axis of infinite-dimensional space are defaulted to High 3-A."

The bolded is a typo on the word "if". It's on the high hyperversal section.

As Peter said, the names of tiers 6, 5, and 4 are inconsistent with the rest of the tiers, their names should be "Tectonic Threats, Planetary Threats, and Stellar Threats" respectively.

Therefir said:
As Peter said, the names of tiers 6, 5, and 4 are inconsistent with the rest of the tiers, their names should be "Tectonic Threats, Planetary Threats, and Stellar Threats" respectively.
Fixed.

Well personally I don't really see the point of using | since none of the lower tiers separated their sub tiers like that. So why do it for tier 2 and 1? Why not just leave them all as :? I was thinking of leaving it like this so it looks more consistent with the lower tiers.

Tier 2 - Extradimensional Threats

Low 2-C: Universe level+
Characters who are capable of significantly affecting, creating and/or destroying an area of space that is qualitatively larger than an infinitely sized 3-dimensional expanse. Common fictional examples of spaces representing such sizes are space-time continua of an universal scale, though it can be more generally fulfilled by any 4-dimensional space that is either:

A) Provably infinite, one which can be safely assumed to be so, or that is of an otherwise non insignificant size.

B) Portrayed as infinitely larger than lower-dimensional objects and spaces in the setting of a given work of fiction.

C) Equivalent to an extra dimensional space.

2-C: Low Multiverse level
Characters who can create and/or destroy small multiverses which can be comprised of a number of isolated space-time continua ranging anywhere from two to a thousand, or equivalents.

2-B: Multiverse level
Characters who can create and/or destroy larger multiverses which comprise from 1001 to any higher finite amount of isolated space-time continua.

2-A: Multiverse level+
Characters who are capable of affecting, creating and/or destroying a countably infinite number of spatio-temporally isolated universes.

Sorry. It just seems weird to me that the format for tier 1 and tier 2 are different from the other tiers with how the sub tiers are handled. Though I still don't understand why tier 0 has | when it doesn't have any sub tiers. Also all the previous tiers have their sub tiers mentioned in the content while tiers 1 and 2 don't. Anyways if we aren't changing the format can we at least move the descriptions down a space so it looks consistent with tiers 3-11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back