• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Tiering System was applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "best friends" thing is possibly the greatest edit I've ever seen.

I notice how you kept the consistent pattern of B's = up to finitity, A's = infinity

HellKnight6666 said:
So what's the requirements for tiers 1-A and High 1-A? I don't understand all these mathematic words lol I need someone to break it down more for me simple Also does transcending the concepts of dimensions work for 1-A anymore. ?
k so, simplifying it a bit:

Low 1-A = Transcending High 1-B stuff with no further context, pretty much.

1-A = Transcending High 1-B / Low 1-A stuff on a conceptual / existential level, like, seeing it as fiction, and stuff like that, or being beyond the very idea of spacetime on any level

High 1-A: Transcending infinite levels of the above and extensions thereof, pretty much like how 1-A transcends High 1-B, except that happens on a much larger scale here.

Good job. Thank you for all of your help.

I highlighted this thread.

However, I would much prefer if we remove the word "Threats" after each tier description, as it is too specific, symbolically negative, and generalising.

Antvasima said:
However, I would much prefer if we remove the word "Threats" after each tier description, as it is too specific, symbolically negative, and generalising.
Is it fine if I remove this word, so the naming system goes back to being more similar to before?

I would also prefer to rename tier 2 back from "extradimensional" to "multiversal" again.

None of those changes are enough of a big deal to bother reverting, to be honest.

Ultima Reality said:
I don't even see why they are an issue.
"Threats" has negative connotations. Removing the word makes the naming procedure more emotionally neutral again.

Ultima Reality said:
None of those changes are enough of a big deal to bother reverting, to be honest.
Well, you did not discuss and get agreement for them beforehand, and I prefer the old terms, as they seem more thematically fitting and have some tradition behind them.

I would like to remove the "threats" term to begin with, if that is acceptable.

What is your rationale for renaming tiers 2 and 1?

Also, please do not take this nitpicking as criticism. I really appreciate that you have been willing to help out so much.

I still need your help with rewriting some of the tier category page descriptions though.

Thank you very much for being reasonable. I will do so.

Also, with the risk of being obnoxious, the word "globally" implies a mere planetary range. It should probably be replaced or removed for higher infinities.

I agree with threats being removed but I feel extradimensional is fine. Even if it isn't, "multiversal" isn't the best term since the tier range starts from destroying a single universe

Here's my suggestion on rewording "globally" that I posted in the last thread, turn:

Characters who can globally affect, create and/or destroy
Into

Characters who can create, destroy, and/or affect the entirety of
Where applicable

@Agnaa

I fixed it.

@Andy

I agree that the term "multiversal" isn't perfect, but it fits better thematically with most of the tier.

I am also aware that "extradimensional" isn't the best description of tier 1, but "hyperdimensional" specifically refers to geometry, if I understand correctly, whereas the former is less rigidly defined.

So in the new tiering system. Being 4D spatially makes you Low 1-C now? Since 4 spatial dimensions + 1 temporal = 5D

Also, Since High 2-A and Low 1-C Merged, do 6 dimensional characters would be rated as "Low Complex Multiverse Level+"? Since 6D characters are more than countably infinitely more powerful than 5D characters.

(Same goes for 9D characters for 1-C, and 11D characters for High 1-C)

And another question, does affecting space and time in a finite scale (and/or less than universal) is Low 2-C or High 3-A? Since in the description of High 3-A it only included the 3 spatial dimensions

So in the new tiering system. Being 4D spatially makes you Low 1-C now? Since 4 spatial dimensions + 1 temporal = 5D

Not necessarily, they'd need to have size in the temporal dimension as well. Us humans are 3-D spatially, that doesn't make us Low 2-C.

Also, Since High 2-A and Low 1-C Merged, do 6 dimensional characters would be rated as "Low Complex Multiverse Level+"? Since 6D characters are more than countably infinitely more powerful than 5D characters.

I seriously doubt it, but there is room for me to be wrong.

And another question, does affecting space and time in a finite scale (and/or less than universal) is Low 2-C or High 3-A? Since in the description of High 3-A it only included the 3 spatial dimensions

Low 2-C. "Limited 4-D" essentially got moved from High 3-A to Low 2-C.

Agnaa said:
Not necessarily, they'd need to have size in the temporal dimension as well. Us humans are 3-D spatially, that doesn't make us Low 2-C.
Good point, but since we treat time as the 4th dimension, we treated 4D spatially characters as 5D, so that's why I'm asking, because even 2-A characters can't affect spatially 4D objects as far as I understood

Gilad Hyperstar said:
Good point, but since we treat time as the 4th dimension, we treated 4D spatially characters as 5D, so that's why I'm asking, because even 2-A characters can't affect spatially 4D objects as far as I understood
We don't treat time as the 4th dimension, I've talked about other tiering system experts about this before, and referring to time as any specific dimension number makes no sense.

4D spatial characters should not be 5D, and if they ever were, that was wrong.

2-A characters can affect spatially 4D objects, unless we say there's some range issue for it, but I don't think we practically apply that.

EDIT: Here's a helpful video on the subject.

So are you saying that to qualify as Low 1-C you need to either be 5D spatially, or destroy/create/affect a 4D spatially + 1 temporally universe?

Same question about Low 2-C, but instead of 5D and 4D +1, it's 4D and 3D+1

Those aren't the only ways to qualify, but those would both qualify in both examples you gave.

You can also destroy/create/affect realms one (for Low 2-C) or two (for Low 1-C) layers of transcendence above a baseline 3-D universe.

(In case you missed it, I edited in a link to a video about calling time the 4th dimension in my post above)

I'll watch it. Just asking so the tiering system would be clearer to me to understand.

Also, regarding the "+" signs for 1-C levels, is there's a definitive answer that agrees with it or rejects it?

Since Before we've got High 2-A and Low 1-C, but now there's no longer High 2-A, so people will not be confused and put a 5D against a 6D

so does a higher D hax still a thing? i mean most of Digimon character have a weird higher dimensional Hax,but maybe is just me since i dont know anything about Digimon, and the profile doesnt mention the justification.

@Ultima

Agreed.

Also, would you be willing to fix our tier category page descriptions where it is necessary?

And if you write any new instruction pages, please tell me here or via my message wall, so I can link to them via the front page.

Andytrenom said:
Yeah, it's not like we ever had to use + in high 1-C to differentiate 10 and 11 D
I think that there are a lot more characters who are 5D and 6D than 10D and 11D, especially since the new tiering system basically merged two tiers (High 2-A and Low 1-C), so I though maybe it would help to put a "+" sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back