• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acceptable Narrative Examples of "Uncountably Infinite" Addition to the Tiering System Explanation Page

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Administrator
Within our tiering system, we have used the phrase multiple times.

"Being “infinitely” stronger than this level, unless uncountably so, does not qualify for any higher tier."

"An uncountably infinite number, assumed to be the cardinality of the real numbers themselves"

"such exceed any possible number of levels contained in the previous tiers, including an infinite or uncountably infinite number."

"even an infinite or uncountably amount of such levels."

I understand that our Tiering Explanation Page explains using cardinals and mathematics. However, I'm sure some users, including myself, can find these mathematical concepts confusing when analyzing a narrative.

It's uncommon for traditional media to use explicit terms like "Uncountably Infinite," "Cardinals," and "Alephs." However, some franchises are able to convey the same meaning in other ways.

With that in mind, I hope we can compile common examples that our users can use as a reference or a starting point when analyzing narratives in the future.

Last edited:
Again, I believe one starting point that may work for one verse may not be so useful for the other, especially with regards to Tier 1 and such.

There are a lot of people in this list who would rather not be bothered by this, since they more or less can't stand Tier 1.

Also AFAIK, DT won't be available for a month or two, and Ultima seems to be uh... busy. That and I've already tagged a bunch of the staff in that list prior.

Would any of you be willing to help out with evaluating this please?
I'll wing it I guess
"Being “infinitely” stronger than this level, unless uncountably so, does not qualify for any higher tier."
The easiest way to show this would be an exponential slope gif and to use a meme version of that Saitama vs God:
one_punch_man_god.gif

Basically an infinite increase would never reach a true or higher level of infinity. The gap would is "inaccessible".
"An uncountably infinite number, assumed to be the cardinality of the real numbers themselves"
A cardinal number is a set of numbers. For example Aleph-0 is an infinite set of any of the following:
  • the set of natural numbers, irrespective of including or excluding zero,
  • the set of all integers,
  • any infinite subset of the integers, such as the set of all square numbers or the set of all prime numbers,
  • the set of all rational numbers,
  • the set of all constructible numbers (in the geometric sense),
  • the set of all algebraic numbers,
  • the set of all computable numbers,
  • the set of all computable functions,
  • the set of all binary strings of finite length, and
  • the set of all finite subsets of any given countably infinite set.
While Aleph-1 is a cardinal set of all cardinal sets. So its an infinite arrangements of an infinite amount of Aleph-0 arrangements. In the same fashion Aleph-2 is an infinite arrangement of all Aleph-1 arrangements
"such exceed any possible number of levels contained in the previous tiers, including an infinite or uncountably infinite number."
See above. But afaik its just that because you have an infinite number of set arrangements, being uncountably infinite higher still wouldn't account for the arrangements of all sets but just any singular set of any of those sets.

Last edited:
As one of the few pro-Tier 1 staff members, I have absolutely no good examples that would help explain this off the top of my head.

That isn't really to help explain anything to anyone who doesn't already understand it.

Actually, I just had a thought based off what I just commented on in my own CRT.

Zeno's paradox, while not an actual thing in reality is a way to talk about the Real Numbers, and Gojo and his ability is quite popular with even the mainstream audience. Most people probably don't accurately understand how Infinity works but it would be a good starting point to explain it.

Zeno's paradox, while not an actual thing in reality is a way to talk about the Real Numbers, and Gojo and his ability is quite popular with even the mainstream audience. Most people probably don't accurately understand how Infinity works but it would be a good starting point to explain it.
Yeah those are probably easier to digest.

Back