• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Neopolitan vs Qrow Branwen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you need 3 of these threads?

And why in a completely irrelevant place?

Anyway, Qrow has got this, Neo has only really Curbstomped ruby and yang, who are much weaker than Qrow, as well as her fleeing when she sees a member of STRQ

For the time being Qrow wins. Logically if she runs away from Raven then she doesn't stand a chance against Qrowe

What...

Mercury and Emerald > Roman

Neo > Roman (Why he has her as bodyguard)

Neo > Yang = Mercury

I wouldn't say Yang = Mercury, like, Yang was hardly a challenge for him. He got yang to near disqualification purposefully and only lost like 30% of his aura at that point. Then allowed himself to be beaten by a max semblance Yang

He didnt allow himself to get beaten, he generally looked surprise after waving to the fans with his victory

And if he was holding back, why did he try and finish off yang when he sent all those bullets on her

The frame plan was clearly just a back up plan if they had been beaten

I completely disagree, they even make it a point in season two that Cinder emerald and Mercury were figuring out everyone's semblances. And yang's is not hard to figure out whatsoever. So they definitely know what her semblance is. Mercury is a trained assassin and curbstomped coco and yatsuhashi casually. He got her purposefully to the lowest amount of aura possible while still being able to fight on purpose. The odds of that happening on accident are so low. This is to stir up discontent for the final phase of their plan, and Cinder even uses this event in her speech in vol. 3 ch. 9 as evidence vs ozpin being having "evil" intentions and improperly training his students.

Regardless...Neo wields an umbrella. A very handy umbrella. That's not going to do jack against Qrow's sword/scythe weapon combo. She had skill and most importantly speed over Yang so she could dance around her strikes and wait for her to tire herself out. Yang has also shown a mediocre and rather stiff and exploitable fighting style as shown in every fight where she relies on brute strength and gets punked by speedsters. Note Yang vs Neon where the latter was easily evading her strikes and shots.

Against Qrow, it won't be like a hyena fighting a crippled wilderbeest, it will be like a hyena getting mauled by a tiger with Neo being the hyena and Qrow being the tiger. Qrow has more experience than Yang, greater speed, AP and skill.He also possesses greater AP than Neo and has skill and speed to go with it. He wins easily. Tyrian was like a berserk, more unpredictable male form of Neo with a venomous stinger and yet Qrow could still fight on par with him and injure him.

Well yeah, Neo doesn't hold a candle to Qrow this is a stomp anyways, I'm just saying that yang isn't stronger than Mercury

Morlock435 said:
Well yeah, Neo doesn't hold a candle to Qrow this is a stomp anyways, I'm just saying that yang isn't stronger than Mercury
Physical strength is sort of debatable given her semblance but skill, technique and experience? The Merc boi got this. He threw the match with Yang as part of the plan. He could have KO'd her quickly if he wanted to.

Mercury so did lose on purpose to Yang. Here's how it works:

Qrow = Tyrian > Neo > Mercury > Yang > Roman

Or Yang = Roman

We don't know too much about Roman's level since he varies all the time and don't know for sure when he was getting serious

in Neo's defense

We havent seen her peak

The two fights shes been in, shes won with absolute ease, so e cant really say where she stands,

Mercury may have held back a little at the start for a fun match, but the whole fight he genuinely looked surprised. I dont even get why framing Yang was so important to the plan, its not like she could have stopped everything from happening. It was clearly just a back up to get them in the clear still. Mercury even thought he won, and there was no confirmation on him knowing Yangs semblance, henever saw it on screen

Mercury underestimated her badly. He would probably win low-mid dif if he hadn't, but the way that fight went, he couldn't do anything against a fully-charged semblance Yang.

And Neo would get curbstomped by Qrow anytime. Unless someone seals a Bijuu on her, she will never stand a chance against the likes of Qrow.

Mercury lost on purpose to Yang. The whole point was to disqualify Yang, they wanted that in order to increase the stress levels of the whole community and create distrust (which combined with Penny's death and Cinder's speech) in order to bring the Grimm. After it shows Yang breaking Mercury's leg we see a shot of the Grimm

"I don't see why framing Yang was so important to the plan" Too attract negativity and to make people distrust Ozpin and Vale as a whole? Seriously, for what reason would Mercury want to win? To attack Yang and get himself caught so he can spill information? Yang needed the help of three to kill a mech, Mercury with two others took down a maiden, the power difference is obvious.

They could hve attracted negativity any time, Yangs specific match wasnt special.Actually, if i recall it was Pyrrha vs Penny's match that attracted the outbreak of Grimm in the end. They could have kept Mercury in to stall the plan further.

He thought he finished Yang once all those bullets hit her clearly, and the semblance activation of Yang clearly surprised mercury.

Mercury wouldnt get caught if he lost....

Yang didnt really need the others, once her semblance charged it took literally one punch to take down the mech, and Maidens are still unknown in power, but Mercury and Emerald were clearly just bait to give Cinder, who took out the majority of Amber's Aura, the oppurtunity to defeat her.

Mercury definitely lost on purpose. They had an ambulance perfectly ready for him when he lost. Besides, why would he want to win? There is exactly no reason to actually want it. Mercury put up an act about how his leg got injured perfectly as Emerald did the same, perfectly rehearsed.

Mercury looking surprised can be attributed to him acting or the writers simply wanting to throw a curveball with the whole "it was a mind trick"

Jinx666 said:
They could hve attracted negativity any time, Yangs specific match wasnt special.Actually, if i recall it was Pyrrha vs Penny's match that attracted the outbreak of Grimm in the end. They could have kept Mercury in to stall the plan further.

He thought he finished Yang once all those bullets hit her clearly, and the semblance activation of Yang clearly surprised mercury.

Mercury wouldnt get caught if he lost....

Yang didnt really need the others, once her semblance charged it took literally one punch to take down the mech, and Maidens are still unknown in power, but Mercury and Emerald were clearly just bait to give Cinder, who took out the majority of Amber's Aura, the oppurtunity to defeat her.
Actually they needed both fights to attract negativity in order to initiate the plan. You do realize there is a buzzer when people go beneath their aura level right? And no he really wasn't, he was slightly shocked when he charged but who wouldn't?

Hence why he threw the fight so that he wouldn't get caught since he would if he did win

Okay now you're just ignoring parts of the fight, Yang needed the help of Blake to get the force she needed, if she didn't she would have just charged up and punched it. That, and she needed the help of Ruby and Weiss to slow it down. How ludicrous would it be for a first year student to solo a prototype mech?

Cinder doing the majority is irrelevant, Mercury and two others defeated a maiden, Yang and three others took down a paladin. Less numbers and a stronger opponent and Mercury and his team still won.

Mercury held back, there's literally zero reason not too. No offense, but not everything needs to be outright explained to be true. There were so many implications to this.

Hey Gargoyle could you delete two of the duplicated responses you made? It's because of a glitch that was happening earlier but it's fixed now.

Nico-v11 said:
Mercury definitely lost on purpose. They had an ambulance perfectly ready for him when he lost. Besides, why would he want to win? There is exactly no reason to actually want it. Mercury put up an act about how his leg got injured perfectly as Emerald did the same, perfectly rehearsed.
Mercury looking surprised can be attributed to him acting or the writers simply wanting to throw a curveball with the whole "it was a mind trick"
theres always an ambulance readyin these tournaments in case of injury

To get further into the tournament so that the plan has more time for more horror, meaning more grimm. Looking back, he literally left yang on 16 aura points (1 more aura point loss and she would have been down), thats an awfully risky number if you want to lose on purpose, and then when he thought he won, he cheered out to the crowd, then looked in surprise that yang had survived that barrage. Why coukdnt he have framed Coco and Yatsuhashi? They would have done the job just as good as yang.

Emerald didnt activate her semblane at that moment though, so it wasnt, and i hardly doubt that, otherwise it would have been covered in the show somewhere

I accept he may have held back a little but he genuinely looked surprised and shocked at Yang and her win, The framing plan was just a back up, they were waiting for Penny and Pyrrha to fight. Plus, Cinder never changed the matchups so that Yang vs Mercury could definitely happen, not that we know of, so its not like this was part of the plan at all

Yang didnt need the force of Blake, she already had the force of that mech. RWB were just dong some fancy things to help yang get close, and she only did it via her semblance hax

Yes....Cinder doing thr majority is relevant.....You cant just count mercury as being just as powerful if hes there watching the fight while sunbathing. I know he didnt do that, but Cinder was only using Mercury and Emerald to tire Amber out so that she could get the shots that actually counted. Emerald, and most likely mercury, would have been killed on the spot there

Holding back against yang isnt a good idea m8, i mean yang nearly knocked mercury off the stage, and i dont see how mercury could have calculated that all of those shots hitting her would leave her at 16 aura XD, i mean seriously, he would have to be extremely precise and be doing all the calculations, altering his power, just so yang could survive and let her beat his ass. Yang only won via semblance hax, Mercury holding back a little at the start, and Yang catching him off guard at the end there while she absorbed his attack. k

theres always an ambulance readyin these tournaments in case of injury

To get further into the tournament so that the plan has more time for more horror, meaning more grimm. Looking back, he literally left yang on 16 aura points (1 more aura point loss and she would have been down), thats an awfully risky number if you want to lose on purpose, and then when he thought he won, he cheered out to the crowd, then looked in surprise that yang had survived that barrage. Why coukdnt he have framed Coco and Yatsuhashi? They would have done the job just as good as yang.

Emerald didnt activate her semblane at that moment though, so it wasnt, and i hardly doubt that, otherwise it would have been covered in the show somewhere

I accept he may have held back a little but he genuinely looked surprised and shocked at Yang and her win, The framing plan was just a back up, they were waiting for Penny and Pyrrha to fight. Plus, Cinder never changed the matchups so that Yang vs Mercury could definitely happen, not that we know of, so its not like this was part of the plan at all

Yang didnt need the force of Blake, she already had the force of that mech. RWB were just dong some fancy things to help yang get close, and she only did it via her semblance hax

Yes....Cinder doing thr majority is relevant.....You cant just count mercury as being just as powerful if hes there watching the fight while sunbathing. I know he didnt do that, but Cinder was only using Mercury and Emerald to tire Amber out so that she could get the shots that actually counted. Emerald, and most likely mercury, would have been killed on the spot there

Holding back against yang isnt a good idea m8, i mean yang nearly knocked mercury off the stage, and i dont see how mercury could have calculated that all of those shots hitting her would leave her at 16 aura XD, i mean seriously, he would have to be extremely precise and be doing all the calculations, altering his power, just so yang could survive and let her beat his ass. Yang only won via semblance hax, Mercury holding back a little at the start, and Yang catching him off guard at the end there while she absorbed his attack. k

There isn't always an ambulance hijacked by criminals to conveniently leave take a person who just committed a crime away.

How can he think he's won when the buzzer didn't go off? It's not risky when you realize that semblance uses aura so she wasn't that close.

Do you even understand how the frame someone? They got Mercury to throw the fight and lose his aura so that way, a crowd reaction can help attract Grimm, and NOT get Mercury caught, what would happen if he won? What would be the benefit?

Seriously? Then why didn't Yang just outright charge it? She's obviously fast enough.

That's irrelevant, no matter what you say a feat of besting a maiden with three people is a massive leap above taking down a paladin with four people. RWB would all die without Yang, and Yang would die without the help of all of them.

She didn't leave her at 16 aura, semblance used aura, she wasn't that close. Mercury didn't get knocked off the stage though.

I can understand why people think Yang is stronger then Mercury, but you're being ridiculous if you think Yang can take a paladin solo. I can easily just make a general discussion thread about this and have more people discuss this.

"Victorious, Yang starts to walk away, but Mercury apparently gets up and attacks her from behind with a flying kick. Acting quickly, she responds with a punch, knocking him to the ground and breaking his leg. This causes great uproar amongst the spectators, who jeer and boo. In Mountain Glenn, Grimm wandering the ruins take heed of this negative emotion and turn their attention towards Vale."

Straight from the RWBY wiki. It clearly explains the effect of having a victorious competitor attack without reason. It had a great effect on the Grimm coming. There's no reason why Mercury would want to win. It's not like Cinder and the rest were like "damn you lost, oh well at least we had plan B."

There's never indication of something like that.

Also, I just remembered this, when mercury vs yang was announced Cinder gets up and leaves. She is then seen later dressed up in medic's clothing. That means the plan was for mercury to lose, that's pretty much undeniable proof. She wouldn't have left if the plan was to have mercury win.

Morlock435 said:
Also, I just remembered this, when mercury vs yang was announced Cinder gets up and leaves. She is then seen later dressed up in medic's clothing. That means the plan was for mercury to lose, that's pretty much undeniable proof. She wouldn't have left if the plan was to have mercury win.
Well....I did say that and yet he ignored it.

Morlock435 said:
I reread your replies and I didn't see anything about Cinder leaving before the fight.
I mentioned them having an ambulance and outfits already on, but I guess I wasn't clear enough.

There is...They are just very very stupid

She was that close, look at the leaderboard of the fight.

I don't usually find the need to frame someone but yeah, though mercury clearly wasn't making it easy for Yang. Think of it this way, you stumble across a shiny Pokémon, and you are clearly gonna hold back so you go and catch it, what do you do, only shoots dozens upon dozens of air bullets while it's at half health down upon it, and then it survives! Mercury was using far too many powerful moves if he was trying to hold back, he either didn't or he's extremely bad at it

She did charge it, just as the bullets were about to hit her

It's not, you don't praise the guy for being the bait, he doesn't scale, cinder was the one who knocked out all her aura and then delivered the finishing blow, Merc and em, with their semblance and skill, were only giving cinder an easy shot. Yang was the one who one shot that mech, the only thing RWB did was get her close, which she could have done herself. They had also clearly improved since that fight so this point is irrelevant anyway

Look at the leaderboard, she was literally on the minimum amount of aura needed.

Mercurys reason to win was well, get further in the tournament and cause more sadness and despair, heck emerald could have illusions Yang attacking mercury if he won , and that would have still been viable

It is indisputable, while it's fairly strong I must admit, there's no indication on that being the reason while she went. For example, she could have went to contact Salem or try and release torchwick. She could have dressed up straight after. She can just change clothing whenever she wants, evident in the Prom arx

I'm not saying Yang is stronger than Merc, omg, Yang only won cause he was evidently holding back at the start and she used her OP semblance hax, I label them as equals.

Jinx666 said:
There is...They are just very very stupid

She was that close, look at the leaderboard of the fight.

I don't usually find the need to frame someone but yeah, though mercury clearly wasn't making it easy for Yang. Think of it this way, you stumble across a shiny Pokémon, and you are clearly gonna hold back so you go and catch it, what do you do, only shoots dozens upon dozens of air bullets while it's at half health down upon it, and then it survives! Mercury was using far too many powerful moves if he was trying to hold back, he either didn't or he's extremely bad at it

She did charge it, just as the bullets were about to hit her

It's not, you don't praise the guy for being the bait, he doesn't scale, cinder was the one who knocked out all her aura and then delivered the finishing blow, Merc and em, with their semblance and skill, were only giving cinder an easy shot. Yang was the one who one shot that mech, the only thing RWB did was get her close, which she could have done herself. They had also clearly improved since that fight so this point is irrelevant anyway

Look at the leaderboard, she was literally on the minimum amount of aura needed.

Mercurys reason to win was well, get further in the tournament and cause more sadness and despair, heck emerald could have illusions Yang attacking mercury if he won , and that would have still been viable

It is indisputable, while it's fairly strong I must admit, there's no indication on that being the reason while she went. For example, she could have went to contact Salem or try and release torchwick. She could have dressed up straight after. She can just change clothing whenever she wants, evident in the Prom arx

I'm not saying Yang is stronger than Merc, omg, Yang only won cause he was evidently holding back at the start and she used her OP semblance hax, I label them as equals.
Yang only won because Mercury threw it, we're trying to prove he threw the fight.

You misread my comment, she used her semblance, that lowered her aura.

The only reason they framed someone was because they wouldn't be caught. Thought that was obvious. He was trying to lower her aura to where it would look like he was trying, Besides, this isn't Pokémon, you're not limited on moves.

Yeah, because again, using your semblance makes you lose aura.

That's not a good reason at all, people already feel sad when a team loses but it's not enough to attract Grimm. Mercury would have aura left if he won and that wouldn't attract as much Grimm.

Also, Cinder tells everyone that "everyone performed marvelously, driver included." Now, you could say that she is complimenting them all for succesfully completing the backup plan, but that completely falls apart if you look at Cinder's personality. She has been stated to want power, and clearly respects it, and in ch. 7 of vol. 3 you can hear her slap Emerald saying "do not mistake your place." Had Mercury failed, Cinder would have been pissed at him, it goes completely with her character, yet she compliments him during the ambulance ride, and again after. Everything points to Mercury purposefully losing. And lets not forget, Mercury was the son of a professional assassin that was good enough for Cinder to specifically look for him (Marcus Black). Mercury was able to fight him AND kill him. The evidence seriously points to Mercury > Yang.

Edit: spelling

Morlock435 said:
Also, Cinder tells everyone that "everyone performed marvelously, driver included." Now, you could say that she is complimenting them all for succesfully completing thr backup plan, but that completely falls apart if you look at Cinder's personality. She has been stated to want power, and clearly reapects it, and in ch. 7 of vol. 3 you can hear her slap emerald saying "do not mistake your place." Had Mercury failed, Cinder would have been pissed at him, it goes completely with her character, yet she compliments him during the ambulance ride, and again after. Everything points to mercury purposefully losing. And lets not forget, Mercury was the son of a professional assassin that was good enough for Cinder to specifically look for him (Marcus Black). Mercury was able to fight him AND kill him. The evidence seriously points to Mercury > Yang
This

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back