• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Natsu Dragneel VS. Meliodas (Mel wins!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm gonna go with meliodas for the following reasons:

1) full counter- while the reflected magic won't hurt natsu it is also not harming Meliodas. As to weather natsu can absorb the reflected magic I find it unlikely that he would be able to, and then there is the very heavy implication (from acno's need to stabilize his magic and Porlyusica's comments about natsu using to much magic at once) that natsu could die if he absorbs and uses too much power.

2) Both have power nullification but I would say that Meliodas's counter vanish is the superior as it can be used at greater range.

3) these two are both skilled in cqc but i'm going to give the edge to meliodas due to his greater combat experience and the fact that he is armed.

4) fire manipulation- Natsu has quite the advantage here being much more skilled in the abilities use, being resistant to fire and able to absorb it. That said natsu has had trouble with more 'exotic' forms of fire (zancrow's god flames and jackal's explosion curse) in the past. resulting in him taking lot's of damage before being able to eat it, and mel's hellfire is definitely 'exotic' (bypasses immunity to natural fire and negs regen).

5) darkness and revenge counter- Natsu could, theoretically, use rouge and sting's DS magic to absorb and resist these abilities, thing is Natsu has next to no idea how to use their powers to do this.

6) Regenerationn- This ability combined with fc and cv make it nearly impossible for natsu to win as most/all of the damage natsu inflicts will heal.

7) Tactics- neither of them show strategic brilliance but meliodas does display more forethought, is much less reckless and has abilities with multiple tactical applications(duplication and can hinder the use of an opponents magic) when compared to natsu.

8) stamina- whilst we don't see much of post resurrection meliodas's stamina it should be quite a bit given the feats of his weaker forms e.g. a large number of broken bones, stab wounds that would kill humans and having limbs removed and still keeps fighting thanks to his regen (which drains his energy/stamina to use). We also haven't seen much of this form of Natsu's stamina, though what we did see, and the fact that Natsu's stronger forms seem to only last a few minutes and leave him exhausted afterward, means it is extremely low to the point that Mel could win just by avoiding him for long enough.

in summary natsu has little chance of winning (to do so he would have to catch mel off guard and vaporise him in 1 hit) given the above.

@Delta

I agree with most of what you said but regarding Revenge Counter, this is what I was saying above:

Revenge Counter doesn't have a canon color, and it can't be assumed to be white, therefore Sting's magic would be useless against it. Even if we were using the non-canon anime, which we never do, the most up-to-date color is yellow.

I'd also add that Meliodas is far more maneuvaerable and agile than Natsu thanks to his ability to create wings on his back to freely fly, while Natsu is limited to thrusting like a rocket by igniting the soles of his feet.

@delta Fc only make natsu stronger Natsu nullify magic with his own flame but mel did it without waving his hand. But it also leave mel vanurable to other surprised attacks Natsu dont have problems to fighting with armed people, he is also trained with a dragon Natsu already consume hellfire once, also natsu dragon scale is a thing, he is virtually immune to flame if the flame is lower in class( ex god flame>dragon flame) if you can prove natsu hellfire<mel hellfire, but still natsu can eat it. And once he did it then mel Regenerationn is not even a problem Natsu use lighting just after eathing it, same goes for gajeel and sting. Natsu dont have any problem to using rogue and sting elements Revenge counter is useless because it take prep(absorbing damage) and you not going to leave yourself open against natsu. remembering people rhythm of breathing, timing of their attack, etc in mid fight when you get beat up it's not a good tactics?? "NATSU ENHANCE HEARING MAKE HIM EASILY TO LISTEN MEL 7 HEARTS HEARTBEAT"(sorry for caps just want to get attention) Idk about stamina but natsu fight both zeref and acno on same day without any rest

@9Tail first off, Natsu has never shown to be able to hear people's heartbeats before. Second, when the hell did he ever eat hellfire?

Natsu ate the fire of Atlas Flame and God Serena, which is referred to as hellfire. The problem is it has never shown any differences from regular fire like NNT Purgatory fire has.

Right here, the narration box states it at the end of Chapter 352:

FireDragon
Fire Drago

His title in Japanese is "Enryu" which directly translates to Fire Dragon

Edit: Like I was saying above, whether Natsu can eat Hellblaze or not isn't of paramount important since it's just a supplementary ability for Meliodas, but the evidence isn't exactly great. Atlas Flame says, "you shall now experience the flames of hell" and God Serena has a technique name called "Purgatory Dragon's Blazing Hell." Neither showed any difference from normal fire, and in Atlas Flame's case it's quite clearly a descriptive way of speaking.

In contrast, NNT Hellblaze has markedly different properties from normal fire. Once it starts burning something it can't be put out normally until it stops burning, it negates regen, and it burns things immune to normal fire.

Grace didn't restart according to Glassman, it'll just end in inconclusive if Natsu gets another vote in another 8 hours or so.

Current tally is 10-7 Mel

You keep mentioning full counter and counter vanish but he's not going to keep using his magic when he realizes it's just going to get reflected back at him. @Delta Natsu knows how to eat shadows and light/white things because he's a dragon slayer of those elements. He would just do the same thing he does with fire but apply it to the other elements. Revenge Counter would be a liability to Mel in this as Mel needs to charge up the very visible attack and Natsu would have plenty of time to kill Mel before he activates it.

@Dragon

Not using magic would be the worst thing Natsu could do. Limiting himself to CQC essentially means he'd have to shoot after Mel with his rocket propulsion and try to land hits, whereas Mel can fly circles around him, mess with his propulsion using clones, and keep slashing him from all around.

You keep mentioning Revenge Counter's "charge time" but the charge time is negligible. He made the pose and unleashed RC faster than Zeldris could react from nearby, despite Zeldris being much faster than him at the time, let alone the equalized speed in this match.

You're doing the exact same thing as above, using the Revenge Counter from a weaker, past version of Meliodas and using the anime to boot, rather than attempting to refute my last comment. Also, Meliodas was literally taking the time to talk to Hendrickson lol

Edit: From rereading the 10C battle, Natsu would need to be right next to Mel to have any hope of killing him before Revenge Counter activates. It expands in an AoE from Mel making a slashing motion, faster than any of the 10C including Zeldris could do anything against.

Gowther was talking to Hendrickson after Meliodas started it and had enough time to explain the move before the Revenge Counter was done. http://*********.com/Manga/Nanatsu-no-Taizai/Ch-099--Conclusion?id=210763

The same thing happens the other time Meliodas uses Revenge Counter too. He activates the attack, Gowther has enough time to talk about the move again, it flashes back over to the fight and all the commandments are just watching him while remarking about how it's other instead of trying to attack him. http://*********.com/Manga/Nanatsu-no-Taizai/175---To-my-Beloved-Meliodas?id=274664

In this fight Natsu isn't going to give Meliodas the time to charge it up and fire it at him.

@dragonemperour23

You realize you are talking about Natsu someone who is dumber than Laxus- a guy who repeatedly used lightning against someone he knew was immune. possible but reread my previous sentence. and how will natsu kill meliodas when he can regenerate from any damage natsu can inflict from pure physical blows and nullify or reflect any magic he uses (though you say natsu will stop using magic). You also seem to think Mel needs to use revenge counter or that Natsu will attack mel while he's charging it.

Like I said in my comment up above, Natsu would need to be right near Meliodas to have a chance at stopping it.

Since you've read the chapter now you should be able to see that as soon as the pose is struck, Natsu won't be able to just rush Meliodas. You can see Drole, who at the time was superior to Mel, attempting to move forward and being unable to. So again, Natsu would need to stop RC as the pose is being struck or he's screwed.

@Delta Natsu isn't dumb he's smart enough to memorize multiple opponent's fighting styles and habits at once while fighting them. https://imgur.com/a/5ug6q He's definitely smart enough to know that being a dragonslayer of an element means you can eat that element.Meliodas's Regenerationn retains the damage it takes. The damage will kill him eventually. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-O3Yo4k4eHxk/VA7HwsqlFhI/AAAAAAAB5wE/HxDnHWrwz1s/s0/013.png http://2.bp.blogspot.com/ZQ6evZCk8r...ezoefWgTnz88pzulT=s0?title=008_1472437444.png I never said Meliodas will or that he needs to use Revenge Counter, Malik did I was just replying on why that wouldn't work.

@Malik In this fight they will both quickly realize that Natsu isn't harmed by Full Counter and that Natsu's flames will just get rejected. The fight will just be pure physical close quarter combat. Drole wasn't in Meliodas's melee range to stop him from going into Revenge Counter. They're just going to be swapping blows and if Meliodas stops moving to turn it on then he's going to get killed due to using a move that requires charge up in the middle of a fight.

I haven't said Meliodas "needs Revenge Counter to win," go read my reasoning way up above. I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth.

You also conveniently keep ignoring how a CQC match would be an absolutely terrible idea for Natsu, this is the third time I'm repeating myself regarding the point. Natsu's rocket propulsion is a terrible matchup for Meliodas' flight, and Natsu's movement would be extremely easily hampered by random Lostvayne clones dive-bombing him to mess up his trajectory and turning.

In other words, getting 10-20 meters away to activate Revenge Counter before Natsu can stop the pose being struck is extremely easy to do.

Also, you're point about regen is a bit off. Weaker demons than Mel can regenerate things like decapitation and bisection without any issue, the amount of accumulated damage Natsu would need to inflict to actually make Mel run out of regen is unrealistic for him to accomplish, what with how his attacks are so easily avoidable.

@Malik I never said that you said Mel needs revenge counter to win. " I never said Meliodas will or that he needs to use Revenge Counter, Malik did " I said that you said he will use Revenge Counter. Is it in character for Meliodas to start flying at the beginning of a fight? The fight is starting on the ground. The only thing Natsu can't do that Meliodas can do is hover. If Meliodas tries dodging then Natsu is just going to move in that direction and still hit him. Natsu just has to destroy his body once and then the hearts.

I forgot that Meliodas makes his wings out of the darkness and not his hellfire so Natsu can just eat that so Meliodas can't fly and power himself up more.

Your comment baldly implies I said Mel needs Revenge Counter, but you know what it doesn't even matter.

As for your second comment...you know Meliodas doesn't have a set amount of specific darkness that makes his wings right? Darkness is just generated from his body. Natsu would also need to catch Meliodas around the back to do that, something very unlikely to happen for all the maneuverability reasons described above.

- Flight is one of the first things Meliodas did when he was running on pure instinct.

- Natsu can't make complicated maneuvers and turns in the air like Meliodas can, he propels himself from his feet (I guess he could use hand blasts to help but that's purely hypothetical headcanon). Natsu trying to follow Meliodas in the air would eat up his already low concentration for planning, making it all the more easy for Meliodas to outmaneuver him and get slashes in. Slashes that Natsu can't regen from btw, another reason Mel is much more dangerous when Natsu attempts to fight in close quarters, according to your scenario.

- Your last point also hinges on the "destroying the entire body at once" bit, which is about as likely as pigs flying.

Natsu can absorb elements from a range, he doesn't have to be physically biting down on the wings themselves. That just makes it better if Meliodas can just generate darkness, then Natsu has an endless buffet where he'll just get stronger and stronger the more he eats.Flight is one of the things Meliodas was doing when he was on pure instinct but that's not the Meliodas we're using for this fight. We're using the one that is in full control of his actions.

Theglassman12 said:
@9Tail first off, Natsu has never shown to be able to hear people's heartbeats before. Second, when the hell did he ever eat hellfire?
He didnt show counting someone heart beat because normally people have 1 heart. He can listen yourbreating in middle of battle. I dont know why he cant listen those 7 heart heartbeat.

And for hellfire
20180522 165703 rmedited

@Theglassman It's Natsu's page but I can just explain to you. A dragonslayer can eat the element that they are the dragonslayer of. Natsu in his 7DS form is a dragonslayer of the elements Air,Flame,Metal,Lightning, White, Poison and Shadows. I never said he could eat anything only these seven things.

@9Tail

The entire hellfire Atlas Flame bit was already debunked up above, with scans. And also why use the anime lmao

@Dragon

You literally ignored the entire argument about why it's extremely unlikely Natsu will be in a position to eat his wings once, let alone keep doing it. Similar to how you've been ignoring points this entire thread.

And also, what? Natsu had to literally jump onto God Serena's fire to eat it.

Flight is also one of the first things he did against Gloxinina and Ludoshel, as well as when he was testing Arthur. It's not only instinctive, it's also a common strategy when he judges it appropriate. The fact that you're attempting to argue about flight as if it was soul manipulation is just...

Why was this made again lol Mel beats Natsu w/ his hax and not only that he has resurrection so the moment he was to die (not like he would) Mel would just come back after some time and even stronger though more bloodthirsty. Idk why people think that power alone wins all

http://*********.com/Manga/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail---328?id=307759 http://*********.com/Manga/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail---332?id=307763 @malik he says the same things in the manga

@BlackeJan Meliodas takes a month to come back after his death. SBA says Natsu wins if Meliodas doesn't come back after a week so he would win.

(I can also post manga if some want it) Mel flight is not going to do much if he cant blitz natsu, natsu can fly if he want( maybe not long enough) but he did it against laxus, and how mel is going to neglect other 6 element? Can he escqpe for shaodw? Can he attack natsu when he is in shadow form? Can he hurt natsu by a metal knife?(because of iron dragon slayer magic) natsu can use his magic to boost his physical attack like he did it against yuka, he can produce fire from any part of his body "any part".

Mel have fc,rc,cv, hellfire, clone,darkness Fc and cv is useless since its defence based. RC its dangerous move it can one shot natsu, but mel have higher chance to die or lose if he take damage against natsu. Hellfire is natsu breakfast, clone make mel weaker, rogue/sting power can handle darkness. And mel can fc physical attack,the last attack natsu uses on acno is a physical attack, so how mel is going to fc it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back