• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Natsu Dragneel VS. Meliodas (Mel wins!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Maliko

Well, do you remember the fight between Natsu and FH Zeref? So his Power Nullification worked against a High 6-B too, and this Natsu has his powers on a larger scale compared to the Savage Dragon Fire during the fight against FH Zeref, since Natsu SDF was burning or nullify High 6-B Zeref's Death Magic and Time Magic, I have until the link:

https://imgur.com/a/dF29U

@Enryu

Again, I feel like I'm repeating this point again and again. Zeref != Ravines of Time Acno. He's significantly weaker. Meliodas at his Post-Timeskip power level blitzed and frightened Ludoshel, who was effortlessly stomping the opponents that Tarmiel/Sariel, themselves close to Natsu in power, were having some trouble with. Mel even stated he could handle Ludoshel/Tarmiel/Sariel at the same time. To say that Natsu could nullify Mel's magic attacks (which isn't even an important point btw since Hellblaze is only a supplementary part of Mel's fighting style), you would need to show 7D Natsu nullifying the magic of a comparable opponent. He explicitly did not nullify Acno's attack despite having previously shown power nullification, so it's not like Mashima forgot about it or something. There's a clear limit to the level of power Natsu can nullify.

Power null has never been something Natsu tries to use, it's something that just happened a few times. It didn't happen against Acnologia, that's all there is to it. I'm not even sure why this is so important to your argument since Meliodas doesn't use much magic attacks in the first place.

I mean that, I will not be able to comment on this thread today or tomorrow, because tomorrow I have to leave the house at 7:00 am and I'm going to stay out all day and now I'm going to sleep, bye.

Based on the reasoning, Meliodas is likely to win with mid-high difficulty against Natsu as he is versatile with his abilities.

Like @Malikobama1 stated, I agree that Natsu's limited power nullification is highly inconsistent as he didn't even it in his final battle. Also, I agree that Meliodas would be largely unaffected by it since he doesn't heavily incorporate magic into his fighting style.

So, I vote for Meliodas.

Can Meliodas reflect magic that isn't an attack? For example when he does a normal fire fist and not the giant one wouldn't Natsu's fist not be reflected or would the fire on the fist be reflected while the fist keeps going?

the clones magic aren't weak tho lol, they are phyiscally weaker than Mel but the Hax is all the same. Full counter , Vanish counter. Mel can reflect all magic and disperce all magic

@Malik

Dragon Force is a completely different thing from Dragon Modes, it's something that can either be gained naturally or from an alternative source. Multi Elemental Dragon Modes have been shown only when a Dragon Slayer eats or take in another Slayers element, not when they just eat one in general and this is a consistent thing in the series so Etherion Dragon Force is a bad comparison.

Full Counter would still be detrimental to Meliodas rather than helping him, since he's just supplying Natsu with a way to recharge himself

@PaChi2 I already explained why Revenge Counter wouldn't work but besides the whole white things won't hurt Natsu, Meliodas has to get in a position and charge it up. Natsu could easily kill him while he does this. Meliodas also has to take a lot of damage before he can use it. This makes the move risky because if it fails he's done for. This is seen when Estarossa kills Mel.

DragonEmperor23 said:
@PaChi2 I already explained why Revenge Counter wouldn't work but besides the whole white things won't hurt Natsu, Meliodas has to get in a position and charge it up. Natsu could easily kill him while he does this. Meliodas also has to take a lot of damage before he can use it. This makes the move risky because if it fails he's done for. This is seen when Estarossa kills Mel.
Like.He charged it against the ten commandments, one of which, zeldris, was way out of his league at the moment. Charging it against Natsu is child's play compared to that.

Using the Vanish Brothers as an example is wrong. He "sucked it up, transformed it, and spewed it back." In other words he absorbed Natsu's fire and transformed it into his own magic attack, which Natsu could eat. Meliodas simply reflects Natsu's power back at him, therefore Natsu wouldn't be able to eat it.

Edit: Thanks to Hst for the manga panel. He absorbed Natsu's fire and made it his own magic, he did not reflect Natsu's power back at him.

Suck up all the flames, transform it, and spew it back. Dude he straight up said he transforms the magic. Full counter just simply reflects it at double the power.

@Paichi2 He charged it because they were messing around with him before they killed him, if they wanted him to die right at the start they would have just let Zeldoris kill him instead of letting all of the commandments get their hits in.

@Peter1129 that's a transformation in power from Meliodas though, he's making it twice as strong before he reflects it. Hue's manga panel further shows the similarity between the two as it says he multiplies the power before he reflects it.

@Paichi2 He charged it because they were messing around with him before they killed him, if they wanted him to die right at the start they would have just let Zeldoris kill him instead of letting all of the commandments get their hits in.

Unlesd Im missing something, Meliodas' Durability doesnt drop an inch after starting revenge counter, otherwise he'd have died long before using it. And his stamina is very impressive. Does natsu have areally big AP advantage over Mel or what?

Mel could tank their attacks, he did Drole and Glox horrible so they werent playing with them it was just 10 6Bs against one counting Estarrossa Zel who is high 6B, mel was taking all of their attacks.

Just thinking about it Mel has 7 hearts which makes this even harder but Grace should have started cause Mel has 7 votes

@Pachi I'm not saying that his durability went down because he used Revenge Counter, I'm saying he had to get beat to the point of almost dying before he could use Revenge Counter.

Malikobama1 said:
Using the Vanish Brothers as an example is wrong. He "sucked it up, transformed it, and spewed it back." In other words he absorbed Natsu's fire and transformed it into his own magic attack, which Natsu could eat. Meliodas simply reflects Natsu's power back at him, therefore Natsu wouldn't be able to eat it.

Edit: Thanks to Hst for the manga panel. He absorbed Natsu's fire and made it his own magic, he did not reflect Natsu's power back at him.
Huesito provided the panel

And he transformed it by multiplying and blasting it back at Natsu

FC doubles the power and reflects it back, as soon as it's multipled, it stops being his attack

Similar to Dragon Ball Super and since this is Natsu's strongest form as seen in the topic it would be the anime since he is able to eat his own reflected multiplied attack.

Not if the author says that both the anime and manga are canon. In that case we would look to the topic which is asking for the strongest version of Natsu which would be the anime one due to being able to absorb his own flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back